I R going to stalk you in SWG.

:flame:

-G

Says the Alb/Hib/Mid?GOA SPY

See in your sig your opening saying to spyed for goa :p

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Jupitus
GOA themselves may be performing fairly well with an influx of cash following the SI release, but I think it is worth looking at the parent. Wanadoo have just undergone a round of cost cutting exercises following poor financial performance including a large number of redundancies (though I understand the DAOC team at GOA survived these redundancies intact) and it is not uncommon for companies to look to squeeze the very best out of their profitable subsidiaries when times are tough. Maybe this is the driving force behind the increase?

Wannado last year actually swung from a E191million in 2001 net loss to a profit last year. THey aren't doing too badly, but they are cutting back and selling subsiduary parts.#

However Wannado is in turn a subsiduary of France Telecom and like all coms companies is finding times a bit hard (and they got raided due to business practices 5 days ago.......

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by mib666
Well theres one good thing to come out of this, GOA's pets are now loaded

saphmoney2.jpg

Brinx is stealing GOA's money!!!

Which is why they have to put the prices up. Blame Brinx!!!

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.Khain
Says the Alb/Hib/Mid?GOA SPY

See in your sig your opening saying to spyed for goa :p
There, I fixx0red it for you. :D

-G

T

talen_sun

Just pulled this off our DDS site from one of our German guildies...

Because there was no offical word on the BW forums: This was confirmed on the german forums by a GM. Was a mistake that it went out to english customers today, should have been sent out tomorrow after the friday news.

So, it should appear on this eveings news from GoA...

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
and i don't know what wobbly thrower is but...

You've never served jelly at a 3 year old's party then....

;-)

O

old.job

It's an outrage!!!!!!!!

I DEMAND BIKINI CLAD GIRL CHARACTERS FOR THIS!!!!

It's not a lot to ask, and I've just re-greased my joystick.

S

[SHS]AphexTwin

People are never happy with price increases as and when they need to be made, my self included. Would be nice for them for the extra £2 per month I’ll be giving them reluctantly to get better service all around.. I have two accounts; it's not going to be any cheaper now :( Think realisation that this game is expensive has just set in :p

Guess i might as well pay for 6 months before the 5th of may to get a better deal :)

gg GoA

N

Nicky Nook

Least they could do is give us a third server right ? i mean come on how much is that to ask ?

Regards Nicky.

S

SoulFly Amarok

This is just lame and absurbs, I decided not to renew my subscription about a few days ago, but now I will not renew it ever, this is just horrible. I'm so not going to ay 8£ a month to play a stupid game.

-sf

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Papa.LazaroU
People are never happy with price increases as and when they need to be made, my self included. Would be nice for them for the extra £2 per month I’ll be giving them reluctantly to get better service all around.. I have two accounts; it's not going to be any cheaper now :( Think realisation that this game is expensive has just set in :p

Guess i might as well pay for 6 months before the 5th of may to get a better deal :)

gg GoA

4 movies a month

4 pints a month

for how many hours of entertainment?

that's not expensive :)

N

Nicky Nook

This is just lame and absurbs, I decided not to renew my subscription about a few days ago, but now I will not renew it ever, this is just horrible. I'm so not going to ay 8£ a month to play a stupid game.

Um how many games were as cheap as DAoC and i know ive payed more for a lot of MMORPGs..

Regards Nicky.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
4 movies a month

4 pints a month

That's not the point. The point is, what is the justification for it. You can't just increase them for no reason. That's stupid. I'm assuming the news will give "damn good" reasons for it.

It's principle, not the amount.

-G

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
That's not the point. The point is, what is the justification for it. You can't just increase them for no reason. That's stupid. I'm assuming the news will give "damn good" reasons for it.

It's principle, not the amount.

-G

Why are you bothered??? Thought you'd pissed off at last:flame:

;)

Edit - was a crap flame without a bit of swearing so I added a little bit :)

W

Wharfe_GoP

By the way for all the people complaining about this being GOA applying a 30% increase, they are wrong.

GOA have increased it by 20% (still quiet large) the rest of the increase to UK players is due to the fact the Euro is a lot stronger than it was last year. GOA pirces are in Euro's and converted to sterling when they set it.

http://cchart.finance.lng.yahoo.com...RGBP=X&z=m&t=1y

Actually with todays rate 12 Euro = 8.22 Pounds, so the British are better off than the Euro zone.

B

Brannor McThife

Why are you bothered??? Thought you'd pissed off at last:flame:

;)

Edit - was a crap flame without a bit of swearing so I added a little bit :)
Ahh, but YOUR true colours come through. You see, I'm not kissing GOA's ass right now, and you and Flim are sharing a cheek each.

-G

E

Esoteric

It is 33% increase.

6/100 * 133 = 7.8 (or * 134 = 8.04)

So 33% or 34%

You take the increase from the actual figure before the price increase not after the price increase. In basic accounts/maths you work on the figure before any changes take place as this is the true figure and the correct markup can be applied using it. If you applied a 20% increase from £8 then it would be £10 (rounded up from 9.60). The true 20% would be a price increase from £10-£12.

J

Jupitus

Ahh, but YOUR true colours come through. You see, I'm not kissing GOA's ass right now, and you and Flim are sharing a cheek each.

-G

Couldn't get close 'cos your shoulders were wedged between the cheeks and head gone from view. I gather the surgeons don't hold out too much hope for removal :p

O

old.LandShark

4 movies a month

4 pints a month

It's not expensive. But it's going to be less cheap than it was. While GOA continue to provide, well, 'unoutstanding' shall we say, service... I can't see why they put the damn prices up.

N

nomed

GOA should be lowering the sub rates to compensate us for shite service they given us since the game went live.

O

old.Torden

Well i can see why they wont give us a another english server.But they could atleast give us the Co-Op server,now they are raising the monthly fee :)
That way english speaking people will have the option of trying all 3 realms,without having to learn German or France,or have extra accounts..

W

Wharfe_GoP

It is a 20% increase.

GOA is in the Euro zone, they have increased from 10 Euro's to 12 Euros

10 -> 12 = 20%

Blame the other 13% on the exchange rate, not GOA. The fact you are paying 33% extra is not really GOA's concern as they do not trade in sterling.

I am not defending GOA, just pointing out the facts ;)

B

Brannor McThife

Couldn't get close 'cos your shoulders were wedged between the cheeks and head gone from view. I gather the surgeons don't hold out too much hope for removal :p
Weak come back. I'm retired remember? That means I don't kiss ass anymore. Not that I did before. Just that now nobody has any reason to think I might. ;)

-G

P

Piper

Well, seems to me that I may as well move to US servers now and get to play all realms and also a coop server.

Previously stuck with EU servers as it was cheaper ;p

O

old.yaruar

4 movies a month

4 pints a month

Heh, I need to live where you live I'd get about 2.5 pints and maybe 2 movies in london........

O

old.Vae

<cough> Odeon Leicester Square £8-£11 per film so make that one film then :p

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by old.Vae
<cough> Odeon Leicester Square £8-£11 per film so make that one film then :p
And that's not counting the extra 8 quid for a coke and a jumped up choc ice ;)

N

nomed

Well whatever the price increase is, unless GOA can deliver a major shock on the euro servers they r goin to lose alot of customers

J

Jupitus

Weak come back. I'm retired remember? That means I don't kiss ass anymore. Not that I did before. Just that now nobody has any reason to think I might. ;)

-G

... yeah I know it's not much of a flame - not feeling very well today otherwise I'd do much better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom