stealthzerg whine.

L

loxleyhood

You'll be needing anti-lurikeen cream. And lots of it.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
yeah damn lame radar abusing pets!!!!

No, only JH and NP abuse radar.
Regards, Glottis

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
No, only JH and NP abuse radar.
Regards, Glottis
Do you abuse the English language then?

K

kin

Fact is shield is 1/2 effective against 75 % of enemy stealthers,
and the last 25 % can make it somewhat ineffective with a pet.

Fact is scouts do not have access to 2 handed weapon + bonus
abilty, neither do they have access to dw.

Fact is a high melee spec will leave block gimped, and the damage
from a 1 handed weapon cannot be compared to hunters or rangers.

Yes sometimes shield is nice, but atm scouts has less options
than rangers and hunters. The crucial point is that even if we are
specced for defense we dont get that defense in most melee fights, but hunters and rangers get their offense.

Scout is the defensive archer according to spec lines, but

We dont benefit fully from our defensive spec.
We have worst armor of all rogues.
We dont have access to ap.
We dont have 5 spec lines ( which can give low spec point utility).

Btw knoll since ur such a hot hunter, ur welcome to come and fight me, and i have a pretty good idea whos the one running.

L

loxleyhood

Scouts have access to the shield spec line, and thanks to having dexterity as their primary stat scouts are the best blockers in the game. This shield makes arrows worthless against us. Scouts can only equip small shields meaning we can only block one attack per round, which can be an issue if you have two enemies attacking you from your front. Shield is halved in effectivness against duel wield, but doubled against 2-handed. (I think?) Slam (42 shield) gives a stun but has no to-hit bonus and can be very difficult to land vs. and enemy with any defence. (Parry, block and evade.)

Scouts have access to evade 3, better than hunters. Evade is halved vs. dual wield.

Scouts have access to studded armour, directly in the middle of the armour ladder. This makes us on a par with the light tanks of the other realms.

Scout's Longbow ability is supposedly the best of the 3 archers. We have the most range, do the most damage (if you ignore the Ranger's self damage add) and have access to the slowest crafted bows. (most damage)

Against rangers a scout can easily win if you play right. Merely engage all the ranger's arrows and back away until you are out of his range, once he stops shooting quickly take out your bow and shoot him. If he reaches you, use the slam + crit shot technique. Rangers should be fought with crush arrows.

Against hunters you may have difficulty, especially as a thrust scout. Due to the pet you cannot usually shoot at a hunter, typically leaving you little choice but to melee. It is possible to slam both the hunter and the pet and then crit shot if you are very quick, but this can be hard. The best thing you can do is have the hunter in front of you, and the pet behind you, so that you block most the hunter's attack. Hunters can be devestating in melee. (And theres usually more of them!) Use slash arrows.

Against shadowblades you should slam + crit shot + normal shot (rapid fire on last shot if necesary). It is possible to melee shadowblades to death as a slash scout. Use slash arrows, except on Tiri, who has an appaling crush resist.

Against nightshades is very tough. Again, slam + crit shot is the way to go. The hibernian haste buff is very nasty on them, and you wont find yourself blocking on them much. If you are forced to melee with one you're probably in trouble. They are mostly specced pierce, which your armour is weak to. Use crush arrows.

Keep in mind that your preformance vs. all enemies depends greatly on your weapon spec. Slash scouts will have a good advantage over Mid rogues but a disadvantage against hibs. Thrusters will be neutral against hibs and resistant, I think, fighting mids. Keep in mind this also works the other way around. Scouts are resistant against crush and weak vs. thrust.

Just my 26 dollars, and response to Kin's post. :)

K

knoll

u are the man loxley :)

go rid odins from luri's

and to Kin i never said im a super hunter i just wanted to piss of glottis u retard :)

F

freeco

Loxley!! I love u man! :D

loxley4tehwin!!1
Glottis4tehbin!!1

S

shatar

Loxley's post sums it all up pretty well I think.
So why am I posting you might ask yourself, to abuse the clap smiley ofcourse.
:clap: <---- see
There are both advantages and disadvantages with a big slow 2h weapon. If you miss you are in deep shit cause your next blow is ages away and your enemy is most likely to get in several strikes on you while you wait for next time to strike. If you do hit though it makes one helluva lot of damage, and it is supposed to do that since it's a big slow 2h weapon.

B

behatch

Originally posted by Appollo
Too many stealthers in a small area, isnt anyones fault, blame server size.

never thought about that but now i have its actually true

camping spots in the most popular rvr zone for mids

mmg
amg
apple
vs
bowl

5 places where there is usually 20+stealthers not includeing albs

spots mentioned above are the most commen for albs/mids(not hibs :p) so yeah chances of getting add's is quite high

yeah sure get pissed off,i do,everyone does

but gal stfu you are a zerging prick...

K

kin

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Scouts have access to the shield spec line, and thanks to having dexterity as their primary stat scouts are the best blockers in the game. This shield makes arrows worthless against us. Scouts can only equip small shields meaning we can only block one attack per round, which can be an issue if you have two enemies attacking you from your front. Shield is halved in effectivness against duel wield, but doubled against 2-handed. (I think?) Slam (42 shield) gives a stun but has no to-hit bonus and can be very difficult to land vs. and enemy with any defence. (Parry, block and evade.)

Scouts have access to evade 3, better than hunters. Evade is halved vs. dual wield.

Scouts have access to studded armour, directly in the middle of the armour ladder. This makes us on a par with the light tanks of the other realms.

Scout's Longbow ability is supposedly the best of the 3 archers. We have the most range, do the most damage (if you ignore the Ranger's self damage add) and have access to the slowest crafted bows. (most damage)

Against rangers a scout can easily win if you play right. Merely engage all the ranger's arrows and back away until you are out of his range, once he stops shooting quickly take out your bow and shoot him. If he reaches you, use the slam + crit shot technique. Rangers should be fought with crush arrows.

Against hunters you may have difficulty, especially as a thrust scout. Due to the pet you cannot usually shoot at a hunter, typically leaving you little choice but to melee. It is possible to slam both the hunter and the pet and then crit shot if you are very quick, but this can be hard. The best thing you can do is have the hunter in front of you, and the pet behind you, so that you block most the hunter's attack. Hunters can be devestating in melee. (And theres usually more of them!) Use slash arrows.

Against shadowblades you should slam + crit shot + normal shot (rapid fire on last shot if necesary). It is possible to melee shadowblades to death as a slash scout. Use slash arrows, except on Tiri, who has an appaling crush resist.

Against nightshades is very tough. Again, slam + crit shot is the way to go. The hibernian haste buff is very nasty on them, and you wont find yourself blocking on them much. If you are forced to melee with one you're probably in trouble. They are mostly specced pierce, which your armour is weak to. Use crush arrows.

Keep in mind that your preformance vs. all enemies depends greatly on your weapon spec. Slash scouts will have a good advantage over Mid rogues but a disadvantage against hibs. Thrusters will be neutral against hibs and resistant, I think, fighting mids. Keep in mind this also works the other way around. Scouts are resistant against crush and weak vs. thrust.

Just my 26 dollars, and response to Kin's post. :)

Scouts and rangers have access to same bows, only hunters have slighty faster bows. A slow bow = good on crits and thats
it, because u can frontload more damage.

A ranger will not shoot a blocking scout if his any good, he will speed in and fucking own a equal lv scout in melee,
because.

A ) dw = 1/2 block and 1/2 evade.
B ) Hib studded = slash resist, Alb Studded = weak to trust or if
ur lucky it will be slash vs trust. Btw hib pierce do have some nice
styles.
C ) AP.
D ) You have specced 42 in a skill which is not effective against a ranger in melee, while he has used the same specpoints in a skill which is effecrive against you.

Its a fact very few high rr rangers out to play, but try meet a rr7+
who knows how to play and you will see. You will lose when he fires purge on ur slam, if it lands, and then use ap3, ip and hitting you as hard as a sb in melee.

Yes you may kill some rr2 rangers at mmg in odins, but thats not the big guys. Try a duel against Eleasias or Orizque and you will learn.

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by kin
Scouts and rangers have access to same bows, only hunters have slighty faster bows. A slow bow = good on crits and thats
it, because u can frontload more damage.

We still have the slowest bows, I never said they were unique to us.

A ranger will not shoot a blocking scout if his any good, he will speed in and fucking own a equal lv scout in melee,
because.

A ) dw = 1/2 block and 1/2 evade.
B ) Hib studded = slash resist, Alb Studded = weak to trust or if
ur lucky it will be slash vs trust. Btw hib pierce do have some nice
styles.
C ) AP.
D ) You have specced 42 in a skill which is not effective against a ranger in melee, while he has used the same specpoints in a skill which is effecrive against you.

If you're just meleeing the ranger then you're doing something wrong, if he just charges well, whats your point? You can still shoot him only you wouldn't have lost end through engage. Shoot until he reaches you, slam, crit shot. And stop whining about the half shield/evade thing. BOO HOO, WE'RE NOT PERFECT AGAINST EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE GAME!!

Its a fact very few high rr rangers out to play, but try meet a rr7+
who knows how to play and you will see. You will lose when he fires purge on ur slam, if it lands, and then use ap3, ip and hitting you as hard as a sb in melee.

There are very few high rr anything that isn't overpowered.

Yes you may kill some rr2 rangers at mmg in odins, but thats not the big guys. Try a duel against Eleasias or Orizque and you will learn.

Well now, Eleasias is inactive and Orizque travels in fg of rr7-10 LA ppl, so how the merry fuck do you suggest I duel them? And go to Odin's, I promise you that you will encounter more than rr2 rangers. Palan, Kaor and Sonny serve as good enough examples.

From all that you have said it is easy to realise that you are a shitty scout, and as the old saying goes, 'a poor craftsman blames his tools.'

K

kin

You cannot slam and crit a ranger with purge.

You cannot engage a ranger unless he shoots first, which equals
the max 2 shoots u will get in before his in melee range.

You cannot beat high lvs of ap in melee. Against slash scout
its 26+10+20/30 % melee resist for 60 seconds.

A rr7+ ranger like ur scout will be able to afford these ra's,
and if that ranger is anything near decent he will have purge.

Btw Loxleyhood i was rr6 before you got ur scout to 50, i have fought Eleasias and Orizque in old days when they soloed. I think i know a bit more about scout vs rangers than you do. The only time scouts was equal was before ra's. It true there is not many of them out, but thats not because of the scout treat, its because
infils are so strong.

K

knoll

Like u said loxley its all about the man behind the keyboard u seem to do very well with the gimpest char in the game according to Über Kin.

even the wanker Aussie did well around 200-300k rp's/week much leeching though but still with the gimpest char in the game.

but remember he knows everything cause he was lvl 50 way before u.

Kin u are a retard

K

knoll

and by the way play a hunter Kin u talk about shield buhu its halfed against dual wield same goes for your evade 3.
even if its halfed its something.

try a hunter with evade 2 thats halfed and a slow ass twohanded weapon that gets evaded like all the time or when fighting scouts blocked all the time.
yes when it hit it hurts but that is if it hits.
but ofc we got the all powerfull doggy with us.

K

kin

Originally posted by knoll
Like u said loxley its all about the man behind the keyboard u seem to do very well with the gimpest char in the game according to Über Kin.

even the wanker Aussie did well around 200-300k rp's/week much leeching though but still with the gimpest char in the game.

but remember he knows everything cause he was lvl 50 way before u.

Kin u are a retard

No ur the retard, care to try ur keyboard skill against mine ?

PS : That doggy of urs prevent a scout from using his primary weapon, there is nothing stopping the hunter from kiting.
The hunter can chose how to fight.

K

knoll

but scouts are so gimped u cant play it right ?

and yes if i where the same RR i would gladly try u but im not so i take it later.

KK

K

kin

but scouts are so gimped u cant play it right ?

and yes if i where the same RR i would gladly try u but im not so i take it later.

KK

I play it fine, dosent mean scouts atm has lowest posibilites of
the archers, since our shield is less usefull than the lv 42 it cost,
and there is very little choice but to spec it.

Btw access to ap more than makes up for 1 lv of evade and a shield, at high rr its fucking 30 % melee resist for 60 seconds.
If you doubt that why dont you ask some sbs how nice it is
to fight a high rr mincer like alpha when he pops it.

Its not my fault that a lot of rangers and hunters dont use the potential of there class. Its not my fault i see a lot of Legoxxx
rangers and hunters in epic and unbuffed getting whooped by
high rr scouts. Its not my fault when 200 infils add to an archer
fight and own the poor ranger when his fighting a scout.
Im just pointing out which abilities is best in the current state of rvr.

K

knoll

what u on about there is nothing forcing u to spec shield if its that bad.

can allways go 50 thrust buy some dodger and still have a shield for blocking other archers arrows nothing forces u to specc it to 42 since shield slam is so bad according to u.

every alb stealther got a 9sec stun. 2 that are anytime and infs well thats allmost anytime as well atleast against a 2-handed weapon wielder.

K

kin

What do you think is best in melee.

low shield + 50 trust + evade 3 + some lvs of dodger + neutral damage

against

mid spear + pet + 30 % melee resist + 10 % melee damage + purge.

K

knoll

another funny thing scouts are the worst archer class u say.

Class Realm Points Characters

16 Scout 81,148,768 1,627
28 Hunter 53,779,080 1,581

top 20 scouts all got over 1mil rp's not at all bad considering its the worst archer class u are so forced into specing useless 42 shield.

K

knoll

Originally posted by kin
What do you think is best in melee.

low shield + 50 trust + evade 3 + some lvs of dodger + neutral damage

against

mid spear + pet + 30 % melee resist + 10 % melee damage + purge.

ah yes against a RR8 or 9 hunter u seen many around lately ?

K

kin

ah yes against a RR8 or 9 hunter u seen many around lately ?

No because mids mostly plays sbs, but its still does not change that at high rr a hunter > scout in most situations.
Excalibur has a lot of scouts, and a lot of infils, which inflict on the numbers.

Many infils = fewer hunters.
Many infils = fewer sbs (after 1.62)
Fewer enemies = scouts who mostly is add to fights has it much easier.

Why do you think all the old scouts returned lately ?

K

knoll

another funny thing scouts are the worst archer class u say.

Class Realm Points Characters

16 Scout 81,148,768 1,627
28 Hunter 53,779,080 1,581

top 20 scouts all got over 1mil rp's not at all bad considering its the worst archer class u are so forced into specing useless 42 shield.

at 2236000rp's hunter can get IP,Purge,Aug con3,AP3.
at 2236000rp's Scout can get IP,Purge,Aug qui2,Aug dex2,MoB3,Dodger2,MoP3.

i think that scout is pretty viable especially with shield since your RA's are most passive exept ip and purge ofcourse.

K

kin

at 2236000rp's hunter can get IP,Purge,Aug con3,AP3.
at 2236000rp's Scout can get IP,Purge,Aug qui2,Aug dex2,MoB3,Dodger2,MoP3.

i think that scout is pretty viable especially with shield since your RA's are most passive exept ip and purge ofcourse.

How much damage do you think a hunter pet do xtra in melee ?
How much damage do u think a scout with lv 50 enhance using AS
do on a hunter in best equip?

Then put on top of that Purge, IP, ap3 and enhanced mid spear and u have a lost fight.

Yes at high BC spec a scout will outperform a hunter in bow, but
not by that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom