StarCraft2 Beta Announced

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Account wiped again...

In a way I'm glad as my 1vs1 matches were all bugged. Since the last reset, I decided to play my first placement match after which, I got instantly placed in the copper league (with a win too). My profile said I still had 5 to go but I had 1 completed...and was placed o_O.

I played a few more and was wondering why on eaarth I was loosing to copper league players until I asked one of the guys in game and it turned out he was in the gold league. As a result I had no idea who I was against and couldn't progress out of the copper league being against high level players while others in the league were only against copper.

I quit and then when I logged back on, it had all reset. I must of had of the period of the last week around 20 different profiles when I've logged in, around 10 different error messages and have decided not to bother playing until the next patch when it's supposed to be fixed.

Bye bye 2vs2 platinum league. :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Tbh can't complain about bugs in beta :p

No complaint, merely a statement of disappointment as we were doing alright for ourselves to get into plat...

Anyonelse had any of these issues? It seems like it happens to only a select few who get the same problem happening repeatedly.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's happened to me loads, logged into 5 different peoples accounts this week, had someone log into mine and play games under it and leave me a message, had my friendslist wiped several times/etc.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've only had a few problems. I logged into someone elses account once, and a couple of times it has told me to replay my placement matches, but if I leave it and log back in later then my record is back again.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
It's not quite up yet. I'm looking forward to using the galaxy editor though. Also infestor buffs :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
New update does indeed sound promising, especially as a current infester user. :)

Drop fungal growth over their army, spam infested terrans then mind control their best units from range sounds awesome. Yesterday I had a great match with someone sending around 50 banelings at my main army...1 fungal growth later and they were all dead. Game won. :D

Just had my account reset again for the 6th time. :p

I'm glad this time though as it was completely screwed. I had been playing 2vs 2 with someone, winning matches then today I logged on and saw 5 losses in my profile; I right clicked and lo and behold, my ID wasn't even present in them yet they counted towards my stats. My friends ladder positions were all screwed up, yet that same guy who isn't in my friends list was right there. I clicked his name and it linked to my profile... very bizarre.

I am enjoying the beta but don't intend to play again until this patch comes out which I thought was supposed to be fixing this issue... some days it'll take some 20 tries worth of error messages just to log into my own account.

Fingers crossed eh? :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I thought the patch was meant to be out last night, but if you launch the client atm it says 7pm CET ( 6pm gmt ) - although the yanks got it last night :(

Apparently all kinds of fun stuff that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes :D

mooSe_

FH is my second home
the only thing I don't like is the hotkey changes. I have played like 300 games now and I was quite used to the previous setup... I guess I could always change them back, but that's effort

Lethul

FH is my second home
New update does indeed sound promising, especially as a current infester user. :)

Drop fungal growth over their army, spam infested terrans then mind control their best units from range sounds awesome. Yesterday I had a great match with someone sending around 50 banelings at my main army...1 fungal growth later and they were all dead. Game won. :D

Just had my account reset again for the 6th time. :p

I'm glad this time though as it was completely screwed. I had been playing 2vs 2 with someone, winning matches then today I logged on and saw 5 losses in my profile; I right clicked and lo and behold, my ID wasn't even present in them yet they counted towards my stats. My friends ladder positions were all screwed up, yet that same guy who isn't in my friends list was right there. I clicked his name and it linked to my profile... very bizarre.

I am enjoying the beta but don't intend to play again until this patch comes out which I thought was supposed to be fixing this issue... some days it'll take some 20 tries worth of error messages just to log into my own account.

Fingers crossed eh? :)

Wanna play some 2on2s today? GF out tonight so i got all night for SC2 :p Stupid server maintenance :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
I thought the patch was meant to be out last night, but if you launch the client atm it says 7pm CET ( 6pm gmt ) - although the yanks got it last night :(

Apparently all kinds of fun stuff that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes :D

Yepp, Zerg apparently has a 100% win tactic vs Zerg :p

6pool with 10 Zerglings.

PS. quite evil of them to patch during primetime :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm patched already :d

rename your realmlist.stf in /support, launch sc2 and you'll start patching now.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Wanna play some 2on2s today? GF out tonight so i got all night for SC2 :p Stupid server maintenance :(

Can't as I'm out tonight sadly mate... tomorrow I should be about though. Friendlist reset again so will add people again when I'm back.

As for the zerg issue, it's monstrous and it seems from word of mouth that everyone is doing it until it gets patched. Perhaps they'll hotfix it soon.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
ugh I hate the idea of having to 10pool or less every game

kirennia

Part of the furniture
9 pool always! :D It gives you the queen earlier which is a mineral benefit to offset the deficit of not pumping drones and you get an earlier defence of zerglings.

I'll generally pump drones to 9, get a spawning pool, get an overlord, build 10the drone. I then build I think one more drone allowing for enough minerals for a queen when the pool finishes its build. Then pump half drones, half lings, I suppose dependant on whether you want to early attack or not.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
you only use the early lings for defence? If they don't attack you you might as well do some harrass with those otherwise you will be at a disadvantage.
I often go 14 hatch 14 pool in ZvZ so although you would have your queen earlier, my eco and larvae count would quickly overtake yours and I could outmass you with lings. Your only chance would be to take out my fast expo with your early lings.

edit: my name is mooSe.moose now also

ECA

I am a FH squatter
9 pool always! :D It gives you the queen earlier which is a mineral benefit to offset the deficit of not pumping drones and you get an earlier defence of zerglings.

I'll generally pump drones to 9, get a spawning pool, get an overlord, build 10the drone. I then build I think one more drone allowing for enough minerals for a queen when the pool finishes its build. Then pump half drones, half lings, I suppose dependant on whether you want to early attack or not.

10pool is about the earliest you'll ever need to pool unless you're planning on trying to end a game very early.

The earlier you pool the earlier you get the queen out - but pool+queen doesn't offset having an extra 6 drones running for an extra minute or so. Around 13-16 is pretty optimal.

Unless you can show solid proof that 9 pooling gives more of an economic advantage than a 15 pool then pffft :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
finally played some 2v2 games. I did the placement matches with a clanmate from aoe3 we went 4-1 and got gold league (only lost to proxy gate + fast reaper cheese). I prefer the maps where you start close to your ally, I don't like it when they can double rush my ally and I can't get there in time.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
20100505.gif

i hope its the monkey... ^.^

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ive got a spare "buddy key" for the beta if anyone feels they desperatly need it, let me know, PM, etc ;)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i know my roomie would like one, i got one but he still hasnt. if you still want to give it away hell take it for sure!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Got SC2 beta now via preorder. Any tips for a complete noob ?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
pick a race to play and watch some replays of good players using them and you will improve quickly

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yes, after losing like 7 times in a row in copper league I think so aswell :D

Think I need to learn the units more aswell, what counters what etc. Had to hit f12 for tips for a unit I didn't see before

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom