StarCraft2 Beta Announced

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm in copper atm :( The placement matches were my first ever sc games so I had no idea what I was doing. but I'm in 3rd place in my division of 100 people now so tbh I reckon I could do ok in bronze. I never really played sc1, I've always been an age of empires player, so it takes some getting used to.

My last serious RTS was Dune 2 :d

Have just been playing vs the CPU ( not really to play against as it's horrific ) to learn the units/mechanics properly before getting raped by actual people.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Rank reset today, you have to remake your profile and do placement matches.

Lethul

FH is my second home
My last serious RTS was Dune 2 :d

Have just been playing vs the CPU ( not really to play against as it's horrific ) to learn the units/mechanics properly before getting raped by actual people.

was it possible to play serious in Dune 2 ? :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
was it possible to play serious in Dune 2 ? :)

Ofc! It was better than any C&C game produced to date. It only really got surpassed by SC1.

Go play a copy on Dosbox or something, it's a seriously good RTS ( well it did invent the genre pretty much ).

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ofc! It was better than any C&C game produced to date. It only really got surpassed by SC1.

Go play a copy on Dosbox or something, it's a seriously good RTS ( well it did invent the genre pretty much ).

Yeah I know it was a good game, played it tons! :) Most often as Ordos (was they called that? :p). But, it wants really possible to be "serious" in it imo. Was there even multiplayer? :)

Ofc that depends on the definition on serious :p

PS. Ornithopter ruled!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Maybe we should post our ingame IDs for friendlist and get some games in?

I'm playing as Luck.Box

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Anyone up for a 2vs2 game today? If so, let me know he or pm me a time. Would love to try out some strategies.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just had a 1hour, 36minute game... terran vs terran proper marathon in SC2 terms! :D

After 30 minutes I had invisible banshees wipe out all non flying buildings/units in my base because I forgot to scanner sweep (wont be doing that again). 1 SCV survived, I medivaced onto an island with my flying buildings and ended up winning... the other guy was not amused ^^.

Best game so far despite me being a complete noob when it comes to the terrans.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
lol sounds awesome, post rep!

I decided to start using terrans today, and I'm getting owned a lot, gone down to like 90th in my divison lol.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
lol sounds awesome, post rep!

I decided to start using terrans today, and I'm getting owned a lot, gone down to like 90th in my divison lol.

Any ideas where I can upload it to? Should really know but don't want to end up signing up to random site to do it. :)

Gotta say hats off to Blizzard for making some awesome music for the game too; music in games doesn't really get a big enough mention often enough...

YouTube - Starcraft 2 Terran Theme Music

For anyone who hasn't played it yet. :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Cheers me dears.

Starcraft 2 Replays - Beton (T) vs Kirennian (T)

Be prepared to be severally underwhelmed at my stupidity. ;)

Just lol, however bad you were - he was FAR worse.

"Hey he's building vikings that kill my missile turrets because they just land... I know I'll build 20 more!"

I played it through at 6x while doing stuff then came back and FF'd a lot of it :p

It was funny him telling you to leave and then losing though.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
i watched on 6x too. I lolled hard when he started flaming you; as if some guy with 30 apm who thinks building 100 missile turrets is a good idea is in a position to call anyone a noob.

I thought you made pretty good use of your vikings. And other than the obvious mistake of letting those banshees destroy you base early on, the only other thing I can think of is that you left you units as 0/0 the whole game. You should've got some upgrades, especially when you had loads of minerals stored up.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Haven't watched the replay but sounds like a guy I got to play 2on2 with. He turtled up and I destroyed 1 enemy, but at the same time the other enemy battered my base. So I attacked the last enemy while he was killing my base. It ended up with both of us losing our bases, i wiped him out with Dark Templars and he started building a few carriers.

He did however start a new expansion where he turtled up with photon cannons (only nexus and cannons) so my DTs couldn't kill him. He had 6~ carriers a nexus and minerals and cannons. My mate was untouched. So I told him, he got carriers, get lots and lots of anti air. What did my mate do. He built 30-40~ missile turrets in his base :(

We lost :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It was funny him telling you to leave and then losing though.

My favourite part about the match ;)

the only other thing I can think of is that you left you units as 0/0 the whole game. You should've got some upgrades, especially when you had loads of minerals stored up.

That's something I definitely need to work on...I seemed to do it in most matches sadly. While that was only the 2nd time I played as terran since switching from protoss, it's far from an excuse...

Haven't watched the replay but sounds like a guy I got to play 2on2 with. He turtled up and I destroyed 1 enemy, but at the same time the other enemy battered my base. So I attacked the last enemy while he was killing my base. It ended up with both of us losing our bases, i wiped him out with Dark Templars and he started building a few carriers.

He did however start a new expansion where he turtled up with photon cannons (only nexus and cannons) so my DTs couldn't kill him. He had 6~ carriers a nexus and minerals and cannons. My mate was untouched. So I told him, he got carriers, get lots and lots of anti air. What did my mate do. He built 30-40~ missile turrets in his base :(

We lost :(

It's reasons like this that I've given up trying 2vs2 unless playing with a friend. It really is a huge disadvantage to not have a teammate and instead just a random doing stupid things all the time. May as well have an AI on your side... :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just posted a replay from my only game today so you can see how bad I am :D

I still won :p

Starcraft 2 Replays - Luck (Z) vs kramp (P)

Zerglings ftw? :)

Anyonelse noticed how the 2vs2 leagues work btw? You go up as a pair and if you play with another person, you basically have to start with placement matches and get a seperate league place. Very odd but in a quirky way, I kind of like it...I think. Just had muchos fun in the silver league tonight, finding out just how fantastic but at the same time, appauling zerg can be, and are and might, on occasion, be. o_O

Still annoyed at my account wipe last night but then, I guess that's what betas are for. :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Zerglings ftw? :)

Anyonelse noticed how the 2vs2 leagues work btw? You go up as a pair and if you play with another person, you basically have to start with placement matches and get a seperate league place. Very odd but in a quirky way, I kind of like it...I think. Just had muchos fun in the silver league tonight, finding out just how fantastic but at the same time, appauling zerg can be, and are and might, on occasion, be. o_O

Still annoyed at my account wipe last night but then, I guess that's what betas are for. :)

There is one set team 2on2 ladder and one random team 2on2 ladder. The way the matchmaker works atm tho it can be a set team vs a random team (not a fun matchup quite often :p )

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I still haven't played any 2v2 games :p I'm now working my way to the top of the gold league 1v1 , I think I might be able to make platinum soon if I have the time to play.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Woo, platinum 2vs2! :D

My God are some of those games difficult though...

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I've been experimenting a little bit with nydus network mining.

Basically, if you build a couple of nydus networks in your base with rally point set to your base, shift clicking back to the nydus worm, then have exits on multiple mineral patches with rally points set to the minerals, shift clicking back to the nydus exit, you can mine from multiple locations with very little macro, without having to actually commit to an expansion.

My problem is coming up with the gas for it :p Anyone got any solutions which could come about from multiple rally points? It seems as though every nydus entrance and exit are linked so saying unload all while selecting just one exit would exit all drones from every nydus network... it has its advantages but for this cheese, it far from helps...

mooSe_

FH is my second home
That's actually a pretty cool idea. But don't you have to keep telling the workers to exit the nydus network and stuff? Sound's a lot more intensive than just leaving them to automine an expansion. Tbh I can't see the benefit you gain outweighing the extra attention you have to focus on your drones.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
press 4
press d
continue to do other stuff for 10 seconds.
press 5
press d
continue to do other stuff for 10 seconds.
rinse and repeat.

If you have more then 1 network and exit, reduce that time significantly, especially if the nydus is directly next to your base and the minerals.

It's kind of effective setting it up in a map like twilight fortress at the opponent sides gold expansion so that when they inevitably try to take it, it's already half mined out. I did a private game test on 7 mineral patches and it's very nice to know that after pressing 5, you'll have some 300 minerals straight away for more units. In a strange kind of way, it almost forces you to consider building units after pressing it which can only be a good thing.

I just need a way to figure out how to do the gas as efficiently, perhaps prolonging the delay between macro key presses and setting extra waypoints and it could be a very formidable way to build up income without commiting more then 100minerals/gas per nydus exit... no stretching of forces etc.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Another nice trick, I have to admit I got both of these from HDStarcraft who also got them from someonelse, is using stalker blink.

Blinking a mass of stalkers across a large distance can mean only a few go across at a time and thus end up getting killed easily and/or do little damage when they arrive at their destination.

Hold shift.
Right click on the very edge of the cliff you're trying to jump from.
Press B.
Left click on the other side of the expanse.
Double right click a little further away so your units move as soon as they blink over.
Set a further attack waypoint just after this so they start fighting.
Let go of shift.

Try it...it's truly awesome and makes hit and runs, even with just a few stalkers on either side of an opponents base absolutely devastating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom