StarCraft2 Beta Announced

kirennia

Part of the furniture
just got my key today its downloading as we speak ..........oh need to change my pants i seem to have sticky patch :D

Doh, I thought everyone already had a key that wanted one.

Well in case anyone still does who reads this, I still have one spare...

kirennia

Part of the furniture
New patch, records/friends lists wiped again and quite a few bugs including an apparent huge number of people randomly disconnecting from games. Apparently they've redone the entire underlying networking structure of the game for this patch switching from TCP to UDP. Absolutely no idea why they were TCP in the first place.....really.....

As for the patch, some of it sort of makes sense but I do get the feeling they make a couple of decent suggestions and then just roll a (very) multi-sided dice to see which unit to change and whether to buff or nerf them. 25% HP drop to ultralisks, modification of their damage so they do more damage to armoured units but less to unarmoured (and which type is generally at the front of any army...), walkthrough forcefields, infestor 25% damage buff...

...I'm just confused by their strategies for changing units.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The privacy/security problems of the new friendlist astound me that with amazing levels of shortsightedness.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I quite like some of the balance changes, but everything else is just terribly implemented crap.

Lethul

FH is my second home
"
# Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League. "

What is the point of that? oO

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It seems the ultralisks themselves have been given some really weird undocumented changes.

Their claw now has a pbaoe radius of 2 which is a buff... yet all radius units only receive 33% of the damage of the host when last patch it was 100%. So against a single, armoured unit, ultralisks are better but against any others, they're worse, lol. Also, their normal melee has a standard dps of '76' while the building headbutt which is supposed to be stronger, now only has a dps rating of '75'.

I'm beginning to wonder if they've taken lessons on balance from Mythic...

While I know this is a beta and they're just trialing some things without intending them to go live as they are, how on earth are they intent on getting the balance right with only what, 8 days left with the beta after making bizarre changes like that. Hats off to them for making a great game but some of their patch changes have just been plain weird.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ultras lose to 3 zealots now despite their "buff" so worthwhile :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
lol even after all their efforts I would still rather have a few roaches than an ultra in late game.
At least I can micro a roach vs zealots :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'd rather just being able to have a game now. :( Every time I've tried a custom against CPU to check if it's fixed, it still crashes. As more of a macro player, games crashing within the first 15 minutes every single time means I just can't play at all, bleh.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I'd rather just being able to have a game now. :( Every time I've tried a custom against CPU to check if it's fixed, it still crashes. As more of a macro player, games crashing within the first 15 minutes every single time means I just can't play at all, bleh.

ofc you can play, start rushing! :)

I would not say I'm a rusher, but I feel most games ends around 12min mark.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I managed to get a few games yesterday until I developed another bug where my minimap turned into a blank square, which made it very difficult to play. I managed to win a diamond league game like that though :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
It is still working, shouldn't it gone down yesterday?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Apparently beta servers are back up but login not up yet, so hopefully it's back sooooooon.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I've got to cram in a few exams before 27th July. Because there's no way I'm studying after that for a wee while.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
The patcher is up and so is the NA server. EU and Asia still down :( The patch notes weren't very exciting, but I'm still excited because I'll be able to play again soon :clap:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ladder and custom games are reported to be broken on NA. So noone can play atm really. Probably why EU is not up yet

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I keep crashing, have lost like 10 games so far because of crash or freeze :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just played my first match just against a single medium AI... my God do I have a lot of lag at the moment :(

Doubt I'll be able to participate in proper matches for quite some time. :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
It's running pretty smoothly for me. The only problem is I totally suck now. In beta phase 1 I was in diamond and now I'm losing to people in bronze :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Not in time for an edit, oh well...

Pingplotter says I have a second delay from my house to the next step, no matter where I'm trying to get to so it isn't the game, just my crappy internet. :(

edit in time for this bit:
It's running pretty smoothly for me. The only problem is I totally suck now. In beta phase 1 I was in diamond and now I'm losing to people in bronze :(

I just had a scare against the medium AI, not knowing what I was doing, lol. Think I injected larve about 6 times total during the game, hehe.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Bit more of a stable connection now so I tried my 1vs1 placement matches...won 4 of them yet got placed in the silver league, despite my last opponent which I beat being in platinum.

Huh?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It takes time for that sort of stuff to converge. I won 2 / 5 matches and ended in gold.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I went 3-2 and got bronze league then played about 20 games and got promoted straight to platinum

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I started in gold and got bumped down to silver after losing 15-20 matches due to crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom