Star Wars: Battlefront

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else looking forward to it? Battlefield in star wars I guess you could call it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends if they pull it off, but definetaly a shooter i could get into. All the pieces are there(skil, lore, tech, money, etc), now they just need to put it together.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
DICE can do some good stuff, despite Battlefield being used over and over again they've done well with it. I think they'll do a good job with this too, just have to wait and see though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. DICE. Will be buggy as fuck. And if EA release it it won't be getting bought by me.

Mate of mine worked at a company that had a working Battlefront a long time ago that was canned for financial reasons (well, not even that, it just wasn't the "right time" apparently). He said it was one of the best games he'd worked on - and considering he'd done Timesplitters 2 and Goldeneye.. Shame.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
DICE can do some good stuff, despite Battlefield being used over and over again they've done well with it. I think they'll do a good job with this too, just have to wait and see though.

I think that at worst it's going to be a somewhat good shooter. Just like BF, at it's worst it's still some fun.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm hoping it'll feel totally different than BF like they said it did in that second video, won't know until it get closer to release though. As @Scouse said after the BF4 release i'm not holding my breath, that was a monumental fuckup until months after and many patches later, even then its still not totally fixed.

I think DICE will have learned from their mistakes though, the BF4 bugs they handled well, they put all the DLC on hold until the majority was fixed, hopefully they just fix it before launch this time round.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think DICE will have learned from their mistakes though
Not at all. It's not "mistakes" it's standard DICE/EA business practice. Has been for the best part of a decade...

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Bad company 2 was the mutts nuts. The crown prince of PVP shooters, IMO.

Perfect mix of gun play, team play, strategy, and vehicles. No fuckin bunny hop run and gun shit.

Battlefield went downhill after that, trying to hard to be COD.

BF3... bleh

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Find it odd, there is no atmosphere to space battles. Granted I can understand there is no bot mode, but would love to have seen a 501st BF2 inspired storyline. I keep getting wowed by the graphics and have to remember there doesn't seem to be a lot there in terms of content.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I'm not a big star wars fan but that footage did look impressive.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. EA

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so we all hate EA right? but ITS STAR WARS AND IT LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I heard from someone that the devs were saying dont put any stock to the e3 footage its all changing. Donno if thats true or not.

Poag

m00?
One of my clan mates is in the alpha and has shared a couple of videos. It looks absolutely awesome. Plays nice. Gun play similar to BF4 rather than hardline.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. EA
You are joking right.

If it were the EA we all know and love, they'd release it unfinished and release the rest via DLC

SilverHood

FH is my second home
So who else is playing the beta? Wasn't sold until I got to be Luke and duked it out with Darth Vader and won. That was pretty epic.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Yup been playing it.

It's ace.

Does an awesome job of making you feel like your IN a Star Wars film.

Piloting an ATST or using the cannons on the ATAT never gets old!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was watching my son play beta on XBone and have to say it does look awesome. Just hope the game play has more variety. He was using some sniper rifle, got a kill then turned in to Luke Skywalker :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I played it for half a hour, load of shit.

When I first played it I thought 'hmm, this is nothing like the old Battlefront' then I realised that it was.

That's the issue, it's relying too much on the past - 3rd person on a FPS game? Nah...

on Hoth, the map is actually pretty small, it just has ridiculous drop backs.

Also, 8 friend cap or something per server?

How stupid.

10/10 would not buy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah more i watched it on twitch more it just seemed like a reskin.

Nothing really new.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so i played it and while i love the subject matter i did have some instant issues the guns dont feel any different to each other, honestly there's fire rates that's about it. other than that the drop pod map was probably the most fun. always seemed very one sided though maybe cos i was on the losing team more often than not i just feel whoever got the first 1-2 pods would go on to win with the bonuses the pods drop. the walker map was my immediate bug bear dont get me wrong its a massive load of fun but not once did the rebels win, when i played it, about 25 maps of it i played, imps always won and comfortably, definately a balance issue there? or just peoples lack of experience time will tell i guess. dont like having to buy abilities either theres scope for abuse there. other than that it really was alot of fun and after all its a beta. ill buy it cos its star wars but i dont know how long i will stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom