Starfield Direct

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah was looking at this man. seems pretty sweet. am just worried it'll be Fall Out in Space :-/

Embattle

FH is my second home
yeah was looking at this man. seems pretty sweet. am just worried it'll be Fall Out in Space :-/

Would there be something wrong with FO in space, I mean it clearly has a lot of the same sort of systems in place?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I very much like the look of it. Not enough to pre-order because I won't do that any more, but definitely to pick it up asap assuming it has a smooth launch.
No Man's Skyrim is the best description I've seen of it so far. Pre-ordering is for suckers, I'm just glad I have a free 12 month GamePass subscription so I can try it for free before eventually buying the eventual Special GOTY Edition at some point in the future.

TdC

No Man's Skyrim is the best description I've seen of it so far. Pre-ordering is for suckers, I'm just glad I have a free 12 month GamePass subscription so I can try it for free before eventually buying the eventual Special GOTY Edition at some point in the future.
hehehe and crossing your fingers the game breaking stuff has been sorted by that point :)

TdC

Would there be something wrong with FO in space, I mean it clearly has a lot of the same sort of systems in place?
oh its not a bad thing. I just hope for some new thing they'll incorporate. I recently got Everspace 2 and while gorgeous it does nothing I've never seen before. Maybe I'm jaded.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Decided to order it, got it through CDkeys for £46.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The AMD Starfield promo provided the push I was waiting for to upgrade to AM5 (that and most of the early problems with the platform have been ironed out) so I'll be getting it for free.

Embattle

FH is my second home
When I got one of my recent processors I got Street Fighter V free, haven't played it yet.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I pre-ordered The Last of Us way before release (see above about not pre-ordering games any more :eek:) then got a Sapphire Nitro+ 7900 XTX a few weeks after the game had launched which entitled me to a free copy, which was annoying, so now I'm making sure I get a freebie. It being a game I actually want and would probably have bought anyway is a bonus.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I got that graphics card, no free game however.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Getting bigger every year...preload is 116 GB, or to put it another way it is 50,000 times the size of the original Doom.

Update: Actually doing the preload now shows it at 86 GB.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't even pre-order BG3, that I knew would be a work of art.

Just don't do it!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Getting bigger every year...preload is 116 GB, or to put it another way it is 50,000 times the size of the original Doom.

Update: Actually doing the preload now shows it at 86 GB.
Son has just been round and we were talking games and asked if I had patched my xbox games, nope. So we went on and started to update the games, over a fucking TB of patches to download on shitty ADSL2 (I know!)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Son has just been round and we were talking games and asked if I had patched my xbox games, nope. So we went on and started to update the games, over a fucking TB of patches to download on shitty ADSL2 (I know!)

Patches do indeed run rather large in games, thank fuck I left ADSL behind some time ago :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Only the ultimate edition releases tonight by the looks of it, standard is 06/09

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Early reviews don't appear to match the hype. Leaves plenty of time for BG3, until they finish it, I guess.

Zarjazz

Early reviews don't appear to match the hype. Leaves plenty of time for BG3, until they finish it, I guess.
Having played for several hours it's definitely been over-hyped. It's not terrible, far from it, but it's certainly no BG3 or GotY contender. What it is is a Bethesda game to its core with all the pros and cons that entails. Less bugs on release than normal but still full of jank and awful AI, character models and animations that still somehow look 10 years out of date despite the AAA budget, a tedious main quest and mediocre writing, and such barebone RPG mechanics it barely deserves the label. But despite all that something you could easily spend a few hundred hours in if you can overlook it's faults.

My two biggest complaints are firstly some major QoL issues, the main one's being the inventory management is atrocious and the lack of a mini-map, especially in the cities is mind boggling - did the future someone lose access to Google Maps? Secondly, this feels far less openworld than the previous games. There's nothing like Skyrim where you could be walking to a quest and then get distracted by some other events going on in the surroundings or stumbling across some secret dungeon you could spend hours in. Instead despite the near infinite size of space and a thousand planets to explore all you end up doing is jumping between fast travel points to get *anywhere* - your ship, a city, interesting locations, going into space, landing, flying between planets; it's all just loading screens and clicking on a map marker.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Having played for several hours it's definitely been over-hyped. It's not terrible, far from it, but it's certainly no BG3 or GotY contender. What it is is a Bethesda game to its core with all the pros and cons that entails. Less bugs on release than normal but still full of jank and awful AI, character models and animations that still somehow look 10 years out of date despite the AAA budget, a tedious main quest and mediocre writing, and such barebone RPG mechanics it barely deserves the label. But despite all that something you could easily spend a few hundred hours in if you can overlook it's faults.

My two biggest complaints are firstly some major QoL issues, the main one's being the inventory management is atrocious and the lack of a mini-map, especially in the cities is mind boggling - did the future someone lose access to Google Maps? Secondly, this feels far less openworld than the previous games. There's nothing like Skyrim where you could be walking to a quest and then get distracted by some other events going on in the surroundings or stumbling across some secret dungeon you could spend hours in. Instead despite the near infinite size of space and a thousand planets to explore all you end up doing is jumping between fast travel points to get *anywhere* - your ship, a city, interesting locations, going into space, landing, flying between planets; it's all just loading screens and clicking on a map marker.

Yeah, bought it and had a bit of fun for a couple of hours, but the inventory just upset me, refunded it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

You writing for IGN these days?

View: https://youtu.be/nMMNkfSQuiU?si=D5gaNL7BZjnNtnw1

Zarjazz

You writing for IGN these days?
Well, damn. If I'm agreeing with an IGN review and complaining about the same issues then we have a series problem and so does the game. I feel dirty.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
10/10 game of the century 0 bugs best game ever.

- me, 0 hours played. Only watched the first 5 minutes of gameplay.

Come at me bros.

Will play my when it comes to us mere mortals on gamepass then give a proper opinion.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm enjoying it, although crashed a few times now.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've seemingly fixed the crashing issue by using the AMD adrenaline software, in essence in gfx card under volts whenever I play Starfield.

TdC

a friend showed me some gameplay yesterday and hoo boy the Bethesda faces are certainly a thing XD

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm even amazed at the detail that went into the airlock doors.

Users who are viewing this thread