World of Warcraft - Ascension (Private server)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
its quite fun and I don't want to be 'that guy' but what they're doing puts Blizzard to fucking shame.

basic idea is you start as a "Hero" class and mold your class how you want, you can tailor every single ability

Example: I can be a Shadow Priest with Warlock Shadow Spells OR an Arcane mage with Druid Arcane spells.

There's also a Draft mode server where you get given somewhat random choices every other level and you have to cobble together a class from that, its quite fun and professionally done as far as private servers go.

Trailer for current season:
View: https://youtu.be/QpBAJ6ks6sc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Being a private server there are some things you unlock via donating... BUT! you can sell donation points to people as well, so you can buy donor points from other players meaning you can fully F2P the game as long as you can make gold efficiently.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Being a private server there are some things you unlock via donating... BUT! you can sell donation points to people as well, so you can buy donor points from other players meaning you can fully F2P the game as long as you can make gold efficiently.

And boom, they have a legal case against them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
And boom, they have a legal case against them.

not technically, donations aren't required, entirely optional for server costs. and the server has been running like 7 years now? that's longer than nostalrius ran and they have more players. I'm not 100% sure but I'd wager they're hosted somewhere US doesn't have any sort of legal pull - it's odd though because my ping is flawless, I get 20-40 ping most days.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
not technically, donations aren't required, entirely optional for server costs. and the server has been running like 7 years now? that's longer than nostalrius ran and they have more players. I'm not 100% sure but I'd wager they're hosted somewhere US doesn't have any sort of legal pull - it's odd though because my ping is flawless, I get 20-40 ping most days.

No, it goes as following.

It's OK to run a server with donations so long as there isn't any benefit to the person donation.

As soon as you do 'donations for shit' you can very easily end up in legal trouble...

Which will probably just mean shutting the server down, but doesn't mean the people hosting the server can't cash in first :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I really do not know why this is necessary at all dragonflight is shaping up really nicely, no need to spend money on a game that I have already played (a bit like why I do not rate classic).. and all the stuff that Gwad stated oO

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No, it goes as following.

It's OK to run a server with donations so long as there isn't any benefit to the person donation.

As soon as you do 'donations for shit' you can very easily end up in legal trouble...

Which will probably just mean shutting the server down, but doesn't mean the people hosting the server can't cash in first :)

If it shuts it shuts, its been up 7 years now, I have no doubts its on Blizzards radar. Still fun while it lasts, much like any other freeshard.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I really do not know why this is necessary at all dragonflight is shaping up really nicely, no need to spend money on a game that I have already played (a bit like why I do not rate classic).. and all the stuff that Gwad stated oO

I tried the pre-patch for Dragon flight and I wasn't impressed. I can't say how the expansion will turn out, if the pre-patch is anything to go off though It's genuinely going to be another BFA once the fanvision has faded after a month or two.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Even managed to get their own official Twitch section btw under "Ascension deck building game" lol

Yoni

I tried the pre-patch for Dragon flight and I wasn't impressed. I can't say how the expansion will turn out, if the pre-patch is anything to go off though It's genuinely going to be another BFA once the fanvision has faded after a month or two.
How are you not impressed it was only the release of the class trees… no dragons or invasions- naysayers be naysayers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
How are you not impressed it was only the release of the class trees… no dragons or invasions- naysayers be naysayers.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it :p

Yoni

Of course I do not need to I am just interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom