Spam in Fedaykin /as :(

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Coolan said:
The problem with everyone saying if you dont like spam leave ur guild/alliance is there isnt really any alliances out there anymore, and as previously posted if people spam from what ive seen 99% of the time they stop if asked politly but most of the time people dont ask politly they tell you.
Theres enforcing alliance chat rules and then theres being rude.

p.s
Runi u suck :) specially when u were in nemesis :)

good job on saying that, and thats the last what i say on this topic!

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
To Thor666 and overbuffed

OKe here it is Thor666 member off DH u say u got nothing to hide show me ur ingame name and we can have a discussiobn about to behave in The Fedaykin alliance.For starters Reading this makes me go in a mode that looks damn silly nowadays ingame BERZERK Mode.....
For the record all matters concerning fedaykin alliance should be held on our private forums nad mr Vonwar clan head off Danish Huscarls one off the oldest guilds ingame.. DONT ENCOURAGE YOUR FOOTMEN TO WRITE ON PUBLIC FORUMS ... KK

Overbuffed iv not allways liked u nore have i really h8ed u but u writing here noncense about my GUILD is like. ... If ud known the real focking reason why RaH got kicked out on first place from Fedaykin alliance i would accept your sayings here but the REASON WAS NOT SPAMMING on asend The reason was something else i happily discuss with u ingame tmw when there is a meeting...

And i hope the owners off this forums will close this Topic

foreing

Fledgling Freddie
this a copy/paste from mr.vavires ml raid rules.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Ill here type down my ML - Raid Rules, And guidelines to help you out.

Rules

* The raid will start at the time i give up, The raid will start on time. The only 1 that changes this hour i sme, and if i do that its with a reason, I dont wanne hear any complaints if i f.e. postpone it for 30 minutes (f.e. If ya need to wait for like 10+ ppl coming from another raid.(it only happened ones so far, but its apoint made)).

* When on a raid, i would like never to hear complaints about anything, Im the one leading the raid, u choose to join so u have to listen to me, If it takes to long, then next time dont join, Leading ML raids aren't always as easy as it might seem. (*)

* Never be AFK (*)

* When I say to do something then i want u to do that, If i ask u to unstick me, then don't stick me, If i ask u (not to/to) speak to a npc then do that, ect... (*)

* Have respect for fellow players (*)

(*) Every abuse on this rule will get u a warning and u will be stript of ure lotto rights, a second warning is equal to being kicked from BG.

then if i feck up on one of these raids,can i just say chill its only a game and u need 2 loosen up?

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
foreing said:
then if i feck up on one of these raids,can i just say chill its only a game and u need 2 loosen up?

Yeah we forgot everything goes by the same rules stupid us.

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
My 2 cents worth...:

These discussions always turn into debating if the 'rule' is good or bad. That is not important, me thinks. The 'rules' are made by the alliance leaders, and all who join the alliance know or should know these rules. Simple: if you don't like those 'rules', then don't join, or try change those rules within the alliance.

Since Fedakyn has a spam-rule (or rather anti-spam rule) for /as, all members of the alliance should abide to those rules. It's not a matter of liking or not liking.

And for enforcing those rules... well, I for one think, that if an alliance doesn't take action when the rules are broken, then that alliance looses alot of its respect and appearance.

Have fun...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Werewulf, I never said it was about spam the first time. I was just saying RaH have had problems before because of one person so get your facts straight. I don't particularly like you myself but you're in the alliance I'm in - (I wont say 'My alliance' because it's not mine) - So I can't particularly be down your throat on AS 24/7

And BTW - I was in Fedaykin Alliance when RaH got kicked the first time and I actually didn't care as I was still leveling my original character or my shaman so... Mnerr.

I have _nothing_ against RaH, contarary to popular belief. But there are people who (as I said) screw it up for everyone..

Ignore all spelling/Grammar mistakes...

EDIT: So before you try to talk to me about YOUR mistake in the past when it came to RaH - Think about everything :) Don't try to twist what I say because you sound lame doing it.
Well, it's either you or somebody else. I don't care tbh.

This should be closed and left to our forum. PM me on Overdriven on there to flame :)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
The biggest problem as I see it is not if people ask and say stuff in the alliance - the biggest problem is that people respond in alliance instead of in PMs. I, in 99% of the time, say "PM me please" after a question or something yet you always get someone who use /as for a response. This happens offhours and primetime.

I dont mind a little chit-chat on offhours but on primetime I prefer to get info only on /as as we have enough problems with reporting out stuff in /as and/or in BGs as it is.

Just my view.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
foreing said:

Hello All,

Rules

* The raid will start at the time i give up, The raid will start on time. The only 1 that changes this hour i sme, and if i do that its with a reason, I dont wanne hear any complaints if i f.e. postpone it for 30 minutes (f.e. If ya need to wait for like 10+ ppl coming from another raid.(it only happened ones so far, but its apoint made)).

* When on a raid, i would like never to hear complaints about anything, Im the one leading the raid, u choose to join so u have to listen to me, If it takes to long, then next time dont join, Leading ML raids aren't always as easy as it might seem. (*)

* Never be AFK (*)

* When I say to do something then i want u to do that, If i ask u to unstick me, then don't stick me, If i ask u (not to/to) speak to a npc then do that, ect... (*)

(*) Every abuse on this rule will get u a warning and u will be stript of ure lotto rights, a second warning is equal to being kicked from BG.

Actually made me chuckle IRL :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
vavires said:
Yesterday was for me the last drop, the last time i go tpm'ed to do no spam, from now on ill just /ignore those ppl, i can't be bothered with it, its a lot of crapp
So, let me get this right: You are now going to ignore people who enforce alliance rules that your guild agreed on following when they joined the alliance? How arrogant can you be, son?

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Yesterday was for me the last drop, the last time i go tpm'ed to do no spam, from now on ill just /ignore those ppl, i can't be bothered with it, its a lot of crapp, i said like 1 or 2 things and otehrs joined, we had a laugh, this as is worse than school, a job, or milatiry rules.
If u want dogs on a wire, go join the Gaia club. :m00:

greets Vavires

You still have to follow the rules your guild has agreed to follow on /as. Its as simple as that.

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
There is a reason large alliances have /as rules. I am not at all involved in the Fedaykin alliance, but I do very much understand the background of their anti-spam rules for /as. The thing is, normally you join a guild that fits your own level of social needs, and then you can control (by simply selecting the appropriate guild) the amount of spam going on in guildchat. Alliances are different--guilds typically join alliances (at least large alliances) to be able to have joint PvE and RvR raids as well as defend the realm, not for social reasons. The alliance chat is the common communications estate of the alliance, and to carelessly encroach upon this is disrespectful and improductive towards people in other guilds who do not share your own liberal views of spam. If you do not, if you continue to have your way with the best communications channel of your alliance, others will start turning off /as in their clients, thus defeating the whole point of the channel in the first place.

It's simple: If you want to spam, use guildchat. If you still feel the need to spam /as, then join a smaller alliance where this is accepted instead of whining about "lightening up" and "serious gamers", like some of the more uninformed people in this thread do. I mean, the clueless poster above who thought an alliance chat where the spam would go on and no one would care when the realm was being RRed is a good thing, well, what can I say? There is nothing to be said. That kind of attitude simply does not fit in a large RvR-oriented alliances, like the Fedaykin alliance appears to be.

(Note that these are my personal opinions and have nothing to do with my guild or alliance.)

Very well spoken imo =)

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
Werewolf said:
OKe here it is Thor666 member off DH u say u got nothing to hide show me ur ingame name and we can have a discussiobn about to behave in The Fedaykin alliance.

Ok my chars are: Hvergelmer -healer
Ravne -Thane

I have got nothing hide, and i stand by my oppinions.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>I understand what was going on and unlike you I would actually name names. But I won't. I will name the guild though: RaH. Once again I might add. (Anyone other than me remember what happened to them 1-2 years back? When they got booted for not following AS rules) - Not to seem like an asshole.

Actually you are dead wrong in your slanderous implication. The reason for RaH being excluded from the old Fed alliance was a very different one, one that by now should be dead and buried. If you need info shoot Roo or Werewulf a message, though I fail to see why you should "get in the know" of that issue.

>I'm not an AS leader. I've been banned - Several times for AS spam. Yet I follow it now because I actually have respect for the leader and don't tend to disagree with the rules.

Ye, I remember when you were being kicked out of Grey Wolves for not adhering to the alliance chat rules. It is good to see you learnt from that episode :)

>Werewulf, I never said it was about spam the first time. I was just saying RaH have had problems before because of one person so get your facts straight

The way you worded your post it is quite apparent that you meant spam being the cause for the booting, or rather you tried to find something bad to support your slander, though in this case you shot yourself in the foot since there are still people around from that time.

And I think all posters above should read St Angers in this thread and ponder a bit about that situation before pushing into the quasi military style stolen from a Tom Clancy novel... ;) The first Fed alliance was almost destroyed from the actions of some hard line quasi military /as channel guys the spring after SI was released, dont redo that mistake...

Cider

Fledgling Freddie
foreing said:

Hello All,

Rules

* Never be AFK (*)

R O F L M A O :m00: :m00: :m00:

A

Aoln

fucking hell some people take this game too seriously, i thought more casual players would be more relaxed than hardcore players but it seems to be the opposite :eek:

\o/ for being able to spam my /as to my hearts content

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Werewolf said:
OKe here it is Thor666 member off DH u say u got nothing to hide show me ur ingame name and we can have a discussiobn about to behave in The Fedaykin alliance.For starters Reading this makes me go in a mode that looks damn silly nowadays ingame BERZERK Mode.....
For the record all matters concerning fedaykin alliance should be held on our private forums nad mr Vonwar clan head off Danish Huscarls one off the oldest guilds ingame.. DONT ENCOURAGE YOUR FOOTMEN TO WRITE ON PUBLIC FORUMS ... KK

Dear Mr. Werewolf,

I dont, and none in our guild do encourage anybody at all to hold laundry party especially not on freddyshouse. Thor666 (Hvergelmer) wrote here in frustration over that nobody looks at

http://www.duskwave.com/fedaykin/forum/index.php
or
http://www.prydwen.se

Apart from that I already in my first post on this thread appologized for commenting here, cause it was not the right place. I instantly copied my post to www.prydwen.se to the thread of Thor666 there, but only a few has even seen it there, which is very sad. A gossip forum like this you get notice straight away, whereas our own to abovementioned forums hardly get read.

Please have a look at this quote from my first post on page 2 of this thread:

I dont like whitewashing of internal alliance matters on Freddys house either, so here is another reason to tell you please use www.prydwen.se for theese things.

Mr. Werewolf, if you wish to discuss further please continue the thread in www.prydwen.se or on our alliance web page: www.duskwave.com/fedaykin/forum/index.php

Otherwise have a very nice day :touch:

Best regards

Vonwar
GM Danish Huscarls

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar I instantly copied my post to [url="http://www.prydwen.se/" said:
www.prydwen.se[/url] to the thread of Thor666 there, but only a few has even seen it there, which is very sad. A gossip forum like this you get notice straight away, whereas our own to abovementioned forums hardly get read.

One could ask themselves if those forums have a right to exist, if they 'hardly get read'....

I've always found it a good initiative, but you need more than the handful to keep it going... I've since first opening regularly been visiting mentioned forums, but in most of them there's hardly any new postings. Whereas on FH, although it's alot of gossip that you find, you also find the important messages, on a regular basis.

I play a game called Dark Age of Camelot, and want to spend as little time as possible on forums. Only read them to get the info i need, then back to the 'normal' gameplay...

On the original subject: an alliance either drops the no-spam rule in /as, or enforces it. Simple as that....

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
> i thought more casual players would be more relaxed than hardcore players but it seems to be the opposite

I think you view the group of players that really would like to be hardcore rather than semi-hardcore/casual against the actual casuals in action here.

For the initial poster I am wondering why he didnt just adjust the chat channel interface while occupied with a farming session if the default set up was not good enough for the gaming situation. Asking guildies to send a pm your direction in case a relic raid was mounting dont seem like a huge undertaking in a guild were the guildies are communicating.

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
For the initial poster I am wondering why he didnt just adjust the chat channel interface while occupied with a farming session if the default set up was not good enough for the gaming situation. Asking guildies to send a pm your direction in case a relic raid was mounting dont seem like a huge undertaking in a guild were the guildies are communicating.

The point is .. he should not have to. Spam should not disturb his farming session in the first place.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
As many have said this is deffenately not the place to have this discussion but never the less i'll trow in my opinion on this subject..

Fedaykin have the rules needed for the majority of the gamers to have the maximum fun possible .. those that can't/wont or dislike those rules can either debate and follow the majority or go some where else rather simple ...

What ever rules are there are to be followed just like our rl society .. if u dont follow u will suffer the concequences like it or not ..

And All ppl it is a /as rule to reply in pm's everybody seems to forget that today ..

When ppl spam dont tell him to STFU on /as what reaction do u count on to get from that ? .. i would say trash .. u dont speak to eachother that way ..

/send or /tell the person spamming to pls stop if that doesnt work go to hes GM/officer and deal with there .. if none take screenie do it at next possible time ...

If u deal with thiese issues in a nice mature way ur most likely to get a mature response ...

To those of u being so upset about the spamming maybe u should consider making a smaller chat window ?? i for 1 dont even notice it .. i look occasionally to see if anything interesting is goin on else i continue with my doing ....

So many of u are wearing so small shoes it must hurt like hell tbh ...
I love this game but shit like this makes me wanna quit

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Iceflower said:
Eh, what is the point of an alliance channel anyway if the majority turns it off due to some individuals with a severe case of spam incontinence? Why should the rule-abiding alliance members suffer because some see fit to walk all over the alliance rules?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Some thoughts on this after I was pointed this way:

1) As said, the place to handle this is on alliance forums but since it isn't...

2) You join a guild, you abide by that guild's rules. That guild joins an alliance, all members of that guild are expected to comply with rules for alliance chat usage or are generally (rightly) expected by the other guilds that you will have that access right removed. If the guild won't enforce it, then generally the alliance will vote and have the guild removed.

You don't get to pick and choose the rules that suit you. No amount of "Great I Am" style posturing allows you to step outside of those rules. Nobody is irreplacable.

3) When dealing with AS abuse (which has always been a tricky one for any guild and alliance) even though the hardest thing may seem to be to handle it politely, and many fail, thats the only way to resolve it because anything else just leads to arguments and even more bad feeling.

4) If the Fedaykin alliance rules are now zero spam then thats the rule you must abide by. Its been voted on and you're showing your own GM(s) and officers disrespect by not abiding by it. You are in fact making the people you say you care about the most in game look bad by your own selfish behaviour. You're also putting unfair pressure on friends to defend you for something you shouldn't have done in the first place.

5) Any issues with a guild in the dim and distant past are irrelevant unless the current situation directly relates to those issues by being a result of them or part of ongoing problems with a guild that may lead to booting. Otherwise everyone would be permanently mudslinging at each other as nobody is perfect and absolutely nobody goes on without making any mistakes.

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
I must admit when i made this thread, i didnt know people got would get mad at me for doing it. Even if i did i would have done it anyway, cos spamming makes me mad. Havent really got anything more to say other than i hope i made a good difference by bringing the subject up here. And i havent seen the kind of spam that annoyed me since. A little spam is ok, aslong as i can read other channels at the same time, and people dont do it to annoy others. Glad to see so many participating in the debate, and to have so many possitive and intelligent replys.

I hope we can all still be friends ingame, as i wouldnt wanna ruin anything for anyone. :wub:
-Hvergelmer/Ravne

Brite

Banned
ive not been on for a while but the spam on fedaykin alliance isnt bad at all, your just over exagerating it, either make your text box smaller or turn off alliance chat temporarily, people from the venom alliance who joined fedaykin (recently i dont know ? DC was just in it when ive been back for a bit) but the /as chat was always fun and its creates a good community, people should be able to talk within reason and have a laugh and have a bit of community beacause thats what the game should be about talking to people and community ect... not being robots who are so .... boreing, look at that a post without swearing ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom