Savage as solo char ;)

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
So, what is their weakness and whats makes them to an easykill for enemies ?

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Slash weak armor. Killing themself vs someone that can outlast em (parry/block/evade/absorb). Any caster should be able to kill em since they have no charge.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Their weakness is simply the fact that using your abilities removes your life, so any smart soloer will simply kite you while you self suicide.

If something stands toe to toe with you you'll probably do well, especially against classes with bad defense that rely on quick fights. Classes built to survive (paladins for example) will be very hard to take down since you not only need to outdamage them, but also the damage your doing to yourself.

I've soloed with one on classic and did ok, but against good opponents expect it to be frustrating.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Not played mine enough solo to say much about them for soloing, but...

Give back insta taunt shout :mad: :mad:

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
They should put buff duration back the way it was...its just silly now Imo. You end up hitting them too fast and just killing urself.

/Dracus

censi

Can't get enough of FH
never really got mine ready its ml10 and lvl 49.

lets be honest who gives a rats arse about potential vulnerabilities versus casters.

sure a solo sav is gonna get his ass blown off by any caster... no real interupt no real speed. so hey yer thats pain...

now the important things... in melee fights.

V anything with physical weapons the save is going to be packing 50%+ resists. its gonna prolly be packing either evade boost or parry boost depending on the weapon choice of opponents. and prolly the DPS boost. the haste boost I personally would opt against now with haste buffs and celerity procs.

so the savage will prolly versus physical weapon opponents win a lot of dick swinging contests.

add some nice quad hits or trebles etc with the dps buff... you can really get stuck in...

in the battle of timers the savage has the stand som or WH cycle. can throw battler into the equation and has warguard and ip etc...

I would have likes to get my savage finished but i think its prolly too much effort for 2 few fights.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Well I go solo sometimes, and Im not easykill...
Have no problem killing most casters. You just need to move with the terrain, so you find them before they find you, and not the least use the terrain as your advantage when ur getting hit. Going front vs front a against caster is painful for all tanks, unless you have loads of interupt. :)

golena said:
Their weakness is simply the fact that using your abilities removes your life, so any smart soloer will simply kite you while you self suicide.
Hehe, your not forced to use your selfbuffs. If you manage to kill yourself with them, you really need to think through what your doing.
90% of the casters I manage to back-stun, and very few casters survives long enough to get out from the 3 sec stun. If someone should manage to kite, I just need to cast my cl disease on em, and then they got a problem. :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
censi said:
sure a solo sav is gonna get his ass blown off by any caster... no real interupt no real speed. so hey yer thats pain...

Well... to be fair most classes get shit on by casters our days.. (notice i say most! not all) casters = easy mode = no skill = roll a real class :/

Lethul

FH is my second home
They are actually quiet strong imo, but prepare to rest alot after each fight :)

I have taken down high rr champs / merc / bm, 4 infs at a time, rr11cleric+rr8 reaver duo etc etc, 2 shotted a rr7 minstrel who added after a solo fight vs an inf :)

Ive had plenty of duels vs Papasan when he was slash spec and won more than i lost (if i remember correctly). (i wasnt allowed to warguard tho ;/ )

and i never even bothered to make a decent template, i didnt have WH or Phoebus. Nor did i have any con/hp cap items and was CL0 (atleastin the begining(sp.)).

The hardest targets for me was arms/paladins. As i only had my thrust greaves my damage really really really sucked vs them and they blocked/parried a quiet a bit too :)

but you have to rest even after an easy win :p

and casters can be beaten if you use terrain. use a charge and hope he dont run away instantly then 2 shot him

ogmonda

Fledgling Freddie
well with the risk of getting my arse spanked again i still can say savage is a good solo char if u know how to play with him and chose u r fight's and by choosing u r fight's i mean:
1. any kind of stealther if u know they are in an area go for them ..they will surely jump on u but no worries u will kick their arses unless they are 3v1 or 2 v1 (high rr,s).only trick on fighting stealther's is to use parry//haste//dmg self buff's (if u don;t have u r rr5 ability yet) and make a speckial q-bar for stealther's with the parry chain u will see is better.chance of winning is 85-90%.
2. vs any kind of caster (except necro) like some1 posted ahead of me .. use the terrain.. if they see u first be sure u have CB up set on mezz, (run as they will surely chase u) run menas' sprint+wh speed charge.. then find u r self a valley, a big tree smth to cover u up as they will surely still follow u and send thei pet's on u.. when pet is on u use "scare pet" end buff and the sprint to them .. u might need to use purge on this instance as they will cast quickcast stun (usualy) but then u are next to them and they are defensless... i usualy win 50-60% of my encounter's with caster's.
3. vs heavy tank's well this is a based of a pure luck u MUST use the evade buff on those as most of them will try to shield stun u or other dirty tricks that require a lot of end .. when they are endless they will mostly try to use an end pot//charge etc which require them to drop their weapon's for a sec or 2 .. then u gotta use the side style which the follow up is a nnice and life saving stun.(this style u gotta try it every fight but is best if u landed on tank's) can't say any dirty trick's on tank's as i just say is pure luck. when i see 1 i make sure i have either PH or WH up, harpy cloack (if poss) or som, battler is a must for them but let them use it first (if they have it), i allways use IP in a battle against them so be sure u have it.
4. clases u should avoid: necro, heretic (if u donlt have a decent template), paladins(maybe) the rest u can jump as u will never know woot hapen's.
btw be sure u jump them first .. is better then get jumped. and make a defensive template or a very offensive 1 never make a 50-50 template as it will get u nowhere.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
I can kill necros, you just disease (cl abbility) and they are chanceless. ;)

In my template I have Band of stars, I have experienced that its better to debuff all stats on high defensive classes (armsmen, paladin, hero etc) than using battler, because a abs debuff doesnt help much if you cant get through parry/block on the target.

Versus Paladins disease is quite a must, if I dont get it in with cast I use my ML10 claw untill I get disease proc. Since plated are very resistant vs thrust its nice to use legendary wep against them. :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Coolan said:
No surprise there mate you always fail.
yeah lets get on the sama hate train!!!

Samapoon ! :D

I'd like to see some ideas for savages as they were so harshly nerfed a long time ago and mythic haven't really looked at them since, the taunt for instance is completely pointless..Paladins + Friars have instant taunt now, whereas Savages have to stand still and cast it for 2 seconds? :/

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
fought unetze or something today i would say he hitted me for enough dmg :D
Or in other words he spanked me twice :O

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Rolv said:
I can kill necros, you just disease (cl abbility) and they are chanceless. ;)

In my template I have Band of stars, I have experienced that its better to debuff all stats on high defensive classes (armsmen, paladin, hero etc) than using battler, because a abs debuff doesnt help much if you cant get through parry/block on the target.

Versus Paladins disease is quite a must, if I dont get it in with cast I use my ML10 claw untill I get disease proc. Since plated are very resistant vs thrust its nice to use legendary wep against them. :)
Hehe. I bet you're gonna like to get your hands on "The One" slash claw when LotM comes? :worthy:

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
If its the One that got abs debuff? .. Oh yeah! :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sarumann said:
fought unetze or something today i would say he hitted me for enough dmg :D
Or in other words he spanked me twice :O

Nice to know that my GM finally sorted his svg ^^ xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom