Rant Sony Bodhi Wank Cocks :eek:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Is the 7 with Lollipop actually usable now? I used the old dears 2012 7 after the initial update, and it was the most painful mobile OS I've ever experienced, and I'm including my SE X10 when it first came out. Actually and the X1 for that matter....
She only really reads and browses on it mate, her browsing experience is much improved since I put Opera on for her rather than Chrome (which I cannot take to).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sony GB have announced we should see it rolling out Wednesday or Thursday this week. Presume that is for unbranded handsets, I suspect my Vodalame Z3 might be a bit later.

Trem

Cheers Bodlar, got a linky chum?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah got mine today too, really slow download though, even on work's connection.

Trem

Nope nothing here. You doing OTA or through PC?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A what now?!

I just had a notification that it was ready, Xperia update or something, 650ish mb download.

On O2 so other phone companies might be releasing it later on.

Trem

Heh, over the air, is your phone doing it as you walk around or is it plugged into your PC but you already answered my question.

My phone is on EE but is unbranded so I am surprised it hasn't got to mine yet, sods law :eek:

Bodhi

Trem, try going into Settings -> About Phone -> software update. Try refreshing a few times as it doesn't always appear first time.

Think the process took about an hour in total including the download for me. So far I like the transitions and effects, not so sure on the notifications.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah not massively keen on it. Might just be a case of getting used to it.

Bodhi

Aye, especially don't like the lockscreen treatment. If you put them on discreet it tells you what application has sent them, but all content is blocked. I can see the reasoning, but "permanent" notifications (such as the one I have telling me my watch is connected), never disappear :(

Trem

Yay mine is doing it now.

Trem

3:33 that time always crops up in my life for some reason....strange, always wake up at that time.

Anyway, yeah it wasn't really worth the wait was it, but I can now move apps to the SD card and save pics taken on it as well.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
got it yesterday. dunno. everything seems the same, except for the alarm-clock interface?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Mine looks pretty horrific really. The notification thing pisses me right off, I could not give a toss that apps have been updated. I certainly don't want to have to acknowledge each one.

TdC

lies, you teases! it's the correct droid version! perhaps the Sony interface hides all the sexy good stuff?

Bodhi

Mine looks pretty horrific really. The notification thing pisses me right off, I could not give a toss that apps have been updated. I certainly don't want to have to acknowledge each one.

I'm getting used to it, and like some of the stuff they've done (the new Dialer, the PIN lock effects, the new Calendar, seems to run nice and quickly), but some of the other stuff is just meh. Not a fan of the new notification bar (seems to default to blue in most apps, I'm told this is a Lollipop thing), the icons on the notification bar arent half as useful as the Kit Kat ones, my battery life has gone down to a day and a half, and the notifications themselves are a bit annoying.

You can mute notifications on an app by app basis however, so you can filter the noise quite easily.

Overall think I preferred Kit Kat, but not enough to flash back.

TdC

Poag

m00?
Depends where you are coming from.

If you are on 4.4.4 rooted you can perform a factory reset from the recovery and then flash it.

If you are on 5.0.2 then you need to run byselinux on it to get boot permissions, then run the DualRecovery installer. Then you can go into the recovery, factory reset and flash the big zip.

Personally not had any issues with it. Had to re install the Google software i use from the play store but thats the only issue i've had thus far.

byse - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59879026&postcount=3837
NUT DR - http://nut.xperia-files.com/ then XZDualRecovery > XZDualRecovery 2.8.3. And you want the Z3C Installer.

TdC

sounds complicated. I'm on 5.0.2 now since I got the update earlier this week. is there no three-step guide? I'm kind of eyebrows-deep in other things atm :-(

Trem

sounds complicated. I'm on 5.0.2 now since I got the update earlier this week. is there no three-step guide? I'm kind of eyebrows-deep in other things atm :-(
You do have massive eyebrows though:eek:

TdC

yes. I use them to shade my baby-blues from that aweful shiny thing in the sky :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have Lollipop on my Z2 now, I quite like it. The phone is a hell of a lot faster. The only gripe I have so far is that the airplane mode has disappeared from the hold power button down menu.

Oh and I really wish Sony would disable the grouping of similar emails, I fucking hate that.

Poag

m00?
No.

You'd need to roll back to 4.4.4 root it there in a 40 step guide then update again.

Why is there no 3 step guide?
Sony have secured their phones well and the exploit in question only works on 4.4.4 build 93.

Syri

FH is my second home
got 5.0 on my z1 just over a week ago. Some good additions, some not so good, and some that will take a bit of getting used to. One thing that's annoying me though is the battery life. It's gone from 2-4 days (depending on usage) to 1-2 days. It also seems to be doing a lot more cellular communication (speaker interference is evidence of this) and often shows the gprs symbol as well as the wifi symbol in the status bar. I'm guessing these might all be related, but whether there's a setting I'm missing or something I don't know. Anyone else had similar, or have any suggestions for things to try?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
got 5.0 on my z1 just over a week ago. Some good additions, some not so good, and some that will take a bit of getting used to. One thing that's annoying me though is the battery life. It's gone from 2-4 days (depending on usage) to 1-2 days. It also seems to be doing a lot more cellular communication (speaker interference is evidence of this) and often shows the gprs symbol as well as the wifi symbol in the status bar. I'm guessing these might all be related, but whether there's a setting I'm missing or something I don't know. Anyone else had similar, or have any suggestions for things to try?
Get a new phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom