Rant Sony Bodhi Wank Cocks :eek:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Stock would be my choice after the Xperia skin, just find the Nexus devices a little dull, but can see the appeal.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Imagine a stock Z3, or stock Z4 when it arrives. I'd buy it in a flash!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :)

Does it just remove all the bloatware?

Embattle

FH is my second home
A guide to the different ones - http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/android-interface-guide/

In essence it is a layer over the top of android OS, it is an attempt to differentiate the phones on a software level plus drive more possible revenue to their own services. The problem is most of the functions and adaptions are actually worse and most annoyingly each time google release an update the phone manufacturers have to take that version and adapt their skin to it. All this requires extra time and often the manufacturer will stop doing updates long before the phone is unable to handle the android updates.

To me I believe that all skins should be an option, in essence the phone would come with stock android you would use a service like google play to download the skin if you wanted to.

Last edited:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Something else I've just realised, you can't move the god damn apps to the mother fucking SD card with this version of Android (KitKat), or is that a Sony thing?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depends on the Ap, stuff you have got from the store you can (I think!) stuff that is bloatware you can't.

Edit, good point, I can't see where you can do it. My S4 had the option in app settings.

Trem

Depends on the Ap, stuff you have got from the store you can (I think!) stuff that is bloatware you can't.

Edit, good point, I can't see where you can do it. My S4 had the option in app settings.
Aye you can't move anything mate, I got an app manager program that finds everything that in theory can be moved to the SD card and the option just isn't there. I think this is a Sony thing maybe, need someone else to confirm. Very annoying and if this isn't fixed in the update it will be rooted.

Poag

m00?
I've had a few "move app to SD card" options in 5 on my Z3C. I am rooted but its coming up as part of the app management screen so seems set correctly.

Bodhi

Aye you can't move anything mate, I got an app manager program that finds everything that in theory can be moved to the SD card and the option just isn't there. I think this is a Sony thing maybe, need someone else to confirm. Very annoying and if this isn't fixed in the update it will be rooted.

It's a Google thing, they took that option out of Kit Kat, think there was a moderate fuss about it at the time, which led to a few vendors putting it back in again (Sony did for their mid range handsets that had less storage). It's confirmed to be backin Lollipop though (don't know if this is Google or Sony who have done this, I know it's there for the Z3 and baby Z3 though).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Sony has locked some/all of their own apps from being uninstalled. You can turn them off, but you can't get rid.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I think they removed it in KitKat because of a security issue? I remember there not being an option there when I was on KK.

Trem

Guess what!!

Still no sign of it on mine :eek:

Wank!

Bodhi

Guess what!!

Still no sign of it on mine :eek:

Wank!

No sign here either. If I was too bothered I'd just stick the Nordic ROM on it like I posted the guide to earlier. Judging by my experiences of Lollipop so far? I'll leave it for now.

Trem

No sign here either. If I was too bothered I'd just stick the Nordic ROM on it like I posted the guide to earlier. Judging by my experiences of Lollipop so far? I'll leave it for now.
It's far better mate, it really is. But not just that I am hoping that Sony have improved their camera software like I said, so many people are complaining about it so it isn't just me. The images should be so much better than they are and it clearly isn't the hardware.

I haven't had the mindset or time to fiddle plus I need my phone on and active 24/7 at the minute otherwise I would of chucked another rom on. Some things are just more important right now :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My Nexus 5 just got the 5.1 update...
Any verdict, lots of reports of it being a bit bad on the memory front.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Any verdict, lots of reports of it being a bit bad on the memory front.
Can't say I've noticed any impact! However I'm not that much of a phone obsessive that anything non-obvious would bother me. The only thing I think I've noticed since installing Lollipop is possibly the battery life is worse but that is just speculation and coudl be coincidence.

Trem

Yay! Watched my wife updated her Nexus 4 and 7 with it this morning :eek:

Bodhi

Yay! Watched my wife updated her Nexus 4 and 7 with it this morning :eek:

Is the 7 with Lollipop actually usable now? I used the old dears 2012 7 after the initial update, and it was the most painful mobile OS I've ever experienced, and I'm including my SE X10 when it first came out. Actually and the X1 for that matter....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom