Rant Sony Bodhi Wank Cocks :eek:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Still haven't done the Android 5.0 update for the my Xperia Z3 Compact (or any model!). Have they always been this god awful and slow at releasing stuff? Of course I can't root it because of the DRM protection Sony have written in which will fuck up the low light camera performance. Yeah the camera, the camera software is shit and I'm hoping the update will fix that as well.

It's really quite bad seeing as they are the last major player in the phone market to not have this update rolled out yet.

Bloody shit @Bodhi mate.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got it on my Moto G a few days ago. Sony eh. Pffft.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
there's an android update?

Teedlecaremeter:
Milk in tea...............][..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Hot Lezzas

Poag

m00?
Still haven't done the Android 5.0 update for the my Xperia Z3 Compact (or any model!). Have they always been this god awful and slow at releasing stuff? Of course I can't root it because of the DRM protection Sony have written in which will fuck up the low light camera performance. Yeah the camera, the camera software is shit and I'm hoping the update will fix that as well.

It's really quite bad seeing as they are the last major player in the phone market to not have this update rolled out yet.

Bloody shit @Bodhi mate.
Dis..is incorrect.

I have a Z3 compact rooted with the DRM keys intact :D

Boop.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/how-to-root-backup-drm-keys-t3013343

They also put out a notice last month about it being delayed to the end of this month. 5.0 that is

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My Z3 arrives tomorrow, if I am not 100% satisfied I am taking @Bodhi 's firstborn

Trem

Dis..is incorrect.

I have a Z3 compact rooted with the DRM keys intact :D

Boop.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/how-to-root-backup-drm-keys-t3013343

They also put out a notice last month about it being delayed to the end of this month. 5.0 that is

Fucking yes!

I kept checking and checking XDA and was finding nothing, granted I am always half arsed and it is a bit daunting on there when looking for one specific thing if you are a half arsed type of person but.....FUCKING YES!

Cheers for the link @Poag I shall give Sony until the end of this month (just because I am having a rough time with other stuff at the moment and I have no spare brain power to tinker) then I will root it. Do you have a custom ROM on yours?

My Z3 arrives tomorrow, if I am not 100% satisfied I am taking @Bodhi 's firstborn

Hardware very good the software running it not so good, like Apple's latest offerings I guess. The camera should be awesome, it is not. The phone should fly, it does not. It will either run way better on Lollipop or if not it will be wiped and a different ROM put on, I was close to doing it anyway and ignoring the DRM key issue until Poag put that link up. Would like to keep Sony's answering machine but that's all.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Lollipop update starts rolling next week. Chill petals, I've seen enough bad feedback about Lollipop in general I'd rather they took their time and made it work properly.

Haven't had any issues at all with the camera, used it for two trips away now, and its been perfect - I've been getting better snaps than my iPhone wielding colleagues.

And if your phone isn't flying, you've installed something filled with AIDS on it. My Z3 is still properly rapid. My 2 year old Z, not quite so much. Still does a pretty decent job all told.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Aww...now I want the Z3 rather than the iPhone 6 I've been lumbered with

How much is the Z3 compact out of contract?

Edmond

Just found it on Tesco direct, sim free for £369, is that about right

All the other places are a bit off due to pushing a contract and not sim free

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Mine is the normal one rather than compact, my wife has the compact and I thought it's a little too compact.

Trem

Just found it on Tesco direct, sim free for £369, is that about right

All the other places are a bit off due to pushing a contract and not sim free
Doesn't seem too dear mate, sell me your iPhone for the wife if you want as well.......actually you would probably want about £7859 for it and I barely love her anywhere above 46p.

Edmond

Doesn't seem too dear mate, sell me your iPhone for the wife if you want as well.......actually you would probably want about £7859 for it and I barely love her anywhere above 46p.

Its a 64gb in silver, still in the box, all shiney like....

Mine is the normal one rather than compact, my wife has the compact and I thought it's a little too compact.

The normal one is too big for me to have in my pocket all day

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally the only experience I had with a Sony mobile was my mums and they were terrible with updates, although probably no more so than HTC at the time.

Trem

Personally the only experience I had with a Sony mobile was my mums and they were terrible with updates, although probably no more so than HTC at the time.
HTC were one of the first with this update. Much better than Sony in this instance.

Bodhi

Bear in mind Sony are also updating all the way back to the original Z, which is a 2 years old S3 equivalent, so they may take a bit longer, but in my experience, tend to do a pretty decent job.

Also, if you want to be properly bleeding edge, they offer AOSP ROMs too, and have just released the binaries for Android 5.1 if you so desire.

However, as KitKat is still working a treat, and I'm still unsure about some of the new design in Lollipop (material design seems to be an excuse for some proper lazy design efforts), I personally am in no rush.

edit // http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/12/sony-mobile-releases-binaries-for-aosp-android-5-1-lollipop/

Always worth checking on Xperia Blog for update news etc. Sony France have announced the Lollipop rollout starts next week.

Trem

Always worth checking on Xperia Blog for update news etc. Sony France have announced the Lollipop rollout starts next week.

Well I couldn't be happier for the bloody frogs, really, made my day. I did a little skip just thinking about @caLLous sitting there eating a garlic knowing he will be getting the update next week (if he has a Sony) BUT THAT DOESN'T GIVE ME MY UPDATE BODLAR!! :eek:

It's worse because Sony said the update would roll out in February and it didn't and Android 5.0 *is* much better than 4.0, it really is. So I see the wife using 5.0 to look at bloody Pinterest or whatever the fuck it is and it's all smooth and nice and it's on the Nexus 4 I gave her and I'm here on my fancy new phone with shitty old KitKat on it.

:eek:

Bodhi

Erm dude, the update is global, and even if our region is a little behind it is entirely possible to flash a UK phone with a French ROM. Have a look into a program called FlashTool, its an unofficial but supported way of flashing Xperias, and a good way of getting updates quickly if your carrier is being retarded (Vodafone I'm looking in your direction here). I've had all sorts of ROM's on my Z, from German to Indonesian (trying to get round the gay volume limit in Walkman) to the Journalists sneak peak ones. And if it goes wrong its a piece of piss to return it to original.

Trust me, slower updates aside (and I must admit 5.0 is a bit late even for Sony, they're normally only a week or so behind HTC - but then it sounds like the UI is getting a much needed overhaul), SOny have plenty of tools out there to tinker with your handset. Although as my Z3 is still silky smooth on everything, I really do think you've broken something. You've been on the Camel Pr0n App Store again haven't you.

Trem

I'm just spitting my dummy out mate, I'm used to instant updates because I have come from Nexus phones and went for this one this time because I didn't want a huge handset.

The camel pr0n talk is just rumours, cruel rumours and lies :eek:

Bodhi

I figured that :) Updates are a bit slower than on a Nexus, but at least they usually work. In fact I've come to refer to Nexus users as Beta Testers :)

Bodhi

Glad you are enjoying Mr Raven, they are indeed a cracking handset. And it's now available with Lollipop

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/1...update-for-other-z-series-rolls-in-two-weeks/

(Z2 and full fat Z3 are rolling out too). Haven't seen my update yet (as my Z3 was through work so is Vodafone branded, so I have to wait for them to get their fingers out), but if you get bored of waiting, you can follow the instructions below. I've been updating my Z for 2 years using this method, without any real issues.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/1...peria-lollipop-using-xperifirm-and-flashtool/

No root or unlocked bootloader required, and your warranty stays intact this way.

Trem

Mines on EE but is unbranded and not locked and still no OTA update Bods. I don't think its Vodafone being slow, just that the update isn't here yet.

Poag

m00?
If you are rooted, theres a flashable zip on the xda forums that brings you up to 5.0.2 and keep you rooted.
however ATM there are no working recoveries, so once you are there you are kinda stuck until that is resolved.

I've flashed it on my Z3C and its pretty sweet, not entirely sure i like a couple of the changes but they are in places i use less often so no big deal.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Someone help me.

Can I get a Z3, somehow, running pure stock Android?

My Nexus 5 is ailing, it's a great phone but as applications have become a bit more advanced (and I use the phone more) the battery is just woeful. The Z3 is the only handset out there that a) looks like sex and b) has a great reputation for battery life.

I just can't go to a "skinned" phone, it must be stock.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Read a review of one yesterday, was like "I'm having that and plugging it into my 4k TV".

Then I saw it's a cool grand? Was like "errr, I'll wait".

Edit: just saw your spoiler, hahahaha :D

Edit edit: shouldn't this be in the nerdy awesome shit thread? :p
Turns out I am a cunt :)

@TdC @Jupitus - Can someone move my GTX post to the awesome shit thread please :) xxxx

Poag

m00?
Someone help me.

Can I get a Z3, somehow, running pure stock Android?

My Nexus 5 is ailing, it's a great phone but as applications have become a bit more advanced (and I use the phone more) the battery is just woeful. The Z3 is the only handset out there that a) looks like sex and b) has a great reputation for battery life.

I just can't go to a "skinned" phone, it must be stock.
There is a CM12 for Z3Cs. There are no "Google Play Editions"

That said the skinning of the Z3C hasn't been that bad imo, using root and titaniumbackup i've disabled most/all of the crapware.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Don't want a C, must be the biggy. I'll hold on for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom