solo rvr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mey

Part of the furniture
TBH when I started to play DAOC, I Didn't sign up for Dark age of SOLO WARFARE.. Get it in to your heads, the game isn't about Soloing..

Its about, guess what, that hard word, that most players don't get.. “TEAM WORK”. If you want solo fights, go play Legend of Mir and be a pk'er or something..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
an mmo is what you make of it, there is no rules on whether you want to solo, it is still rvr.

Mey

Part of the furniture
RulesLawyer.gif

End of Discussion..

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
dont go there if you dont want too, noones forcing you

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:
TBH when I started to play DAOC, I Didn't sign up for Dark age of SOLO WARFARE.. Get it in to your heads, the game isn't about Soloing..

Yes, well you might've signed up for war but it's still a game, enlist to army or stop that dream of war.

Light

Loyal Freddie
Mey said:

the games about whatever the fuk i want it to be about .. there are no rules about whether i play in a solo, fg or zerg even

why do some of u even give a shit if some wanna solo its just a fuking game .. chill out and have some fun jeez

edit: alb coast/surs forest would get my vote

Mey

Part of the furniture
I would be having fun, but i get the WAJN "i want to solo, don't add on me FFS YOU NOOB", people pm'ing me :(

Light

Loyal Freddie
Mey said:
I would be having fun, but i get the WAJN "i want to solo, don't add on me FFS YOU NOOB", people pm'ing me :(

/ignore and carry on

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:
clueless moron......

stroke ..stroke.. stroke ur peen.... gently down the stream....merely merely merely .... having a brain is but a dream...

Wasnt u the ground troops supporting guy?

plz, be quit, keep walking less talking, and support anything.

PS:

i want a place 4 solo guys 2. =)

Calo

Part of the furniture
I can already see how it will go

-people agree on fh to make a solo area
-solo area will be wiped alot by fg's who can now be certain of an ammount of rp's everytime they go to that area
-solo ppl will whine on fh that **** fg doesn't stick to the "agreement on fh"
-solo ppl will whine more and find another area being so naive thinking that maybe now nobody will steamroll them
-solo ppl will be raped again and will quit.

seems like fun. :p

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
I can already see how it will go

-people agree on fh to make a solo area
-solo area will be wiped alot by fg's who can now be certain of an ammount of rp's everytime they go to that area
-solo ppl will whine on fh that **** fg doesn't stick to the "agreement on fh"
-solo ppl will whine more and find another area being so naive thinking that maybe now nobody will steamroll them
-solo ppl will be raped again and will quit.

seems like fun. :p

ofc it will be like u said, cause most of u group friendly char players are just jerks.

but at least u dont will lose time anymore 2 find some solo guys.

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
What I think people are after isn't a solo RvR area per se, but an alternative to the main bulk of RvR where people can go. You shouldn't worry whether the spot is known to all or not, because with the /rw system you can see any reasonable sized fights from miles away anyway. What I do think is needed though, not a set spot such as Bryjna bridge all the time (iRvR is going to kill any designated spot as it switches between the frontiers and such) but a set amount of maybe 2 to 3 areas, in which you can roam between and find others who can't be bothered with the traffic jams. If anybody remembers Odin's Gate from Old Frontiers, that is the kind of area in which people are asking for, they just don't have the voice to say this spot here will be the alternative area. That's the thing with NF vs. OF - Many bridges opposed to 1 mile gate per frontier; keeps that players can port to by choice, instead of the bottleneck that was OF MG -> TK all the time. That's why I don't think you can have a designated singular spot on its own, it's usually the landmarks that do it for you, or, in the case of iRvR wherever the opposing porting keeps are located.
With clustering coming soon the situation could go either way. Bigger zergs around the main bridges or a break of separate areas that hopefully move about so as to not get dull. In the end though an alternative place(s) to play your toon like OG wouldn't do any harm whatsoever. Everybody knew Emain was the zergfest; Odin was the quieter zone which was varied with duos and lots of stealthers, but lots of one vs. ones. Then there was HW, the dead zone, apart from here or there. Update that into the context of NF and we're seemingly missing out on that secondary area quite a few people were fond of. Moan about getting zerged all you want... the /rw system isn't going to stop that, and if you can remember it happened in OF anyway. If the FGs that were running in Emain were bored they'd take a detour through Odin and vice versa, in fact I seem to remember OG was the better spot to find fairer FG vs. FG action. It would be very nice to see an area in which the alternative frontier (albeit was zerged to hell at times too) could be utilised once again, but it hasn't happened since NF release and will continue to not change unless people do something about it; hence the threads. If people can organise a three-way RvR situation and pull it off successfully, then surely you can get this going again. Just an idea... everybody hates to run... but what about utilising some of the rope bridges in either of the frontiers? I can imagine they'd be quite fun to fight around if there was enough players. So basically you can't expect this to instantly change but with enough effort all round it can definitely get better, just don't expect it to be a miracle cure for the zergs. You'll still get the FGs roaming to pick off the weak fights every so often and I can imagine the tower hunters late at night would also find it amusing to outnumber everybody at the alternative area. If enough people want it you can pull a new area off and word of mouth will spread, just choose a spot and start hovering around it and hopefully interest will grow.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:

Its about, guess what, that hard word, that most players don't get.. “TEAM WORK”. If you want solo fights, go play Legend of Mir and be a pk'er or something..
get it into ur head that some ppl wanna solo, some ppl wanna run FG's, some ppl wanna zerg and some ppl wanna pve, u cant rly force ppl to stop doing what they wanna do

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
get it into ur head that some ppl wanna solo, some ppl wanna run FG's, some ppl wanna zerg and some ppl wanna pve, u cant rly force ppl to stop doing what they wanna do

no one is forcing anyone to do anything.

First off all, making a thread to name a spot or zone for solo fighting purposes, will catch they eyes of the Goa Gm's. Didn't know that most of you are really such a bunch of bloddy retarded chipmunks, not to know that. Since Cross realm duelling is and always will be considered rp farming.... they should be tarminated.
I don't mind ppl fighting one on one, if it all starts and continues innocent, hereby i mean you have an honest, not arranged, fight, it is ok.
But that is hardly ever the case with some ppl in here...

It always goes like this:

"hey i wanne duel... i wanne play solo.."
The person in question starts roaming only to experience about one or two fights in his full evening of gaming.
The person starts thinking... "damn, there should be some way i could increase the number of duels!!!"
>>>>ERROR
Next step and the most logical one created by lower intelligent beeings..."i need to find a way to communicate with the other realms, so i can arrage some fights"

if you have arrived at the last step.. pls just leave our universe. You don't fit here anymore, this is an mmorpg where all have agreed to fight a war versus two other enemies upon chosing a starting realm. Don't give me but but but.... piss off.. END

Cammlan has been created for the lesser intelligent species in this universe so they can stroke their peens every time they logg in.. there is nothing else to do but gank, communicate and fight where whenever you like...

Taking the priveledge of transferring the concept of camlann to excalibur may make you inventive, although it is simply NOT wanted. You still try, and keep trying to create something that should NOT be here.

If you love to roam solo, no one will hold it against you, but setting location, arranging a local spot to achieve it is a BANNABLE offence.. END.

Trying to FIGURE OUT where other ppl from other realms ROAM solo, IS CROSS REALMING.... END..

call it a lonely crusade vs total war.... at LEAST mine is justified...
Your lonely crusade versus arranged fighting and passing information across fronteer lines is NOT justified and NOT allowed....

Then the whining come... blablabla take it to serious blablalba....

it comes to this... and i'm sorry to say it again, i know some don't/won't understand it, but if i play a game of tennis , i won't be using my feet to get the ball to the other side of the net, i won't be playing sideways on a court... i will do it as it is demanded....If i wanted to do that i would play foot-bag or something...

edit: if you really are tired of this concept and want to add something for yourselfe... move to cammlan, really... on excal you will be chased an haunted... and one day you'll be gone.

Mordenaar

Fledgling Freddie
Only one place where other groups wont come down to jump the soloers, thats in the middle of the ocean between the 3 realms. tho doubt anyone would go there as most hate fighting under water. Seems like a great idea as i play solo the majority of the time and if too many albs or mids are out i usually go mess about in the BGs or something. If we organised an area i would be glad to join you there once in a while :clap:

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
im not even gonna bother replying to that red_hatred, cant you go to the roleplay servers instead and leave the rest of us alone?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
jesus ironfart...seek help, i mean that, it cant be healthy getting so worked up over a game.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:
no one is forcing anyone to do anything.

First off all, making a thread to name a spot or zone for solo fighting purposes, will catch they eyes of the Goa Gm's. Didn't know that most of you are really such a bunch of bloddy retarded chipmunks, not to know that. Since Cross realm duelling is and always will be considered rp farming.... they should be tarminated.
I don't mind ppl fighting one on one, if it all starts and continues innocent, hereby i mean you have an honest, not arranged, fight, it is ok.
But that is hardly ever the case with some ppl in here...

It always goes like this:

"hey i wanne duel... i wanne play solo.."
The person in question starts roaming only to experience about one or two fights in his full evening of gaming.
The person starts thinking... "damn, there should be some way i could increase the number of duels!!!"
>>>>ERROR
Next step and the most logical one created by lower intelligent beeings..."i need to find a way to communicate with the other realms, so i can arrage some fights"

if you have arrived at the last step.. pls just leave our universe. You don't fit here anymore, this is an mmorpg where all have agreed to fight a war versus two other enemies upon chosing a starting realm. Don't give me but but but.... piss off.. END

Cammlan has been created for the lesser intelligent species in this universe so they can stroke their peens every time they logg in.. there is nothing else to do but gank, communicate and fight where whenever you like...

Taking the priveledge of transferring the concept of camlann to excalibur may make you inventive, although it is simply NOT wanted. You still try, and keep trying to create something that should NOT be here.

If you love to roam solo, no one will hold it against you, but setting location, arranging a local spot to achieve it is a BANNABLE offence.. END.

Trying to FIGURE OUT where other ppl from other realms ROAM solo, IS CROSS REALMING.... END..

call it a lonely crusade vs total war.... at LEAST mine is justified...
Your lonely crusade versus arranged fighting and passing information across fronteer lines is NOT justified and NOT allowed....

Then the whining come... blablabla take it to serious blablalba....

it comes to this... and i'm sorry to say it again, i know some don't/won't understand it, but if i play a game of tennis , i won't be using my feet to get the ball to the other side of the net, i won't be playing sideways on a court... i will do it as it is demanded....If i wanted to do that i would play foot-bag or something...

edit: if you really are tired of this concept and want to add something for yourselfe... move to cammlan, really... on excal you will be chased an haunted... and one day you'll be gone.

I concur. Random Encounters, Great. Arranged encounters, not good.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Ironheart for president!

Capital punishment for soloers!

Crucifixion and diembowlment for all teh ewul x-realmers!

Yes! :m00:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:

You're confusing people who act like arseholes and people who just want solo fights. The 2 issues are entirely different.

Mey said:
I concur. Random Encounters, Great. Arranged encounters, not good.

They will be random encounters, but in a certain area.

I really can't see the problem. Even from a "roleplay" point of view there should be nothing wrong with arranged fights (providing they were genuine fights and not rp farming) - there have been pre-arranged duels for thousands of years.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
I really can't see the problem. Even from a "roleplay" point of view there should be nothing wrong with arranged fights (providing they were genuine fights and not rp farming) - there have been pre-arranged duels for thousands of years.

No m8!! THIS IS A WAR GAME WE NEED TO FIGHT TO DEATH FOR MIDGUARD!!!11

And yes, ignore whatever the King is saying :m00:

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
No m8!! THIS IS A WAR GAME WE NEED TO FIGHT TO DEATH FOR MIDGUARD!!!11

And yes, ignore whatever the King is saying :m00:
how did u become a Scrounging Bastard? :m00:

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
You cant really put it down as duels, its just a proposed area where the usual soloers will hunt.... giving more of a chance of actually meeting some enemy who dont outnumber you 250+ to 1.. RedHatred... Relax man, its just a game.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Want to find solo'ers,

Do realm assination missions, or wander in the routes between the towers,

DS

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
RED HATred, u should get some help, its just a game!!

and why are u calling ppl names, its not nice!! it nice sitting miles away cursing at ppl u never seen and think they cant do nothing to stop u.

grow up a bit, go out side, see the life (yes theres life outside ur front door)... and so on

and other ppl saying ur a roleplayer...mhm.......i think there nothing wrong in roleplay, if it dont go overboard.

so chill, no need to get worked up on a idea that probaly will never happen.

and now topic:

mhm im not very fond of the idea. only thing i want is that the insta rvr would go away. so ppl roam and there would be a challenge to find a enemy to fight.

cant stand it that all ppl from 3 realm are in one zone.

all-in-all its a bad idea to call a zone stealther zone.

Arilinn

Loyal Freddie
Ironheart is full of shit imo. :) But still, reading his posts makes you wanna cry and laugh, thats what keeps me awake these days.. Keep em coming, haha!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
declaring a particular place in the frontier as a "solo area" as in you will go there and look around for soloists probably doesn't count as cross realming.

If you were to pm someone on irc and say "I'm off to loc XYZ in pennines, come meet me for solo 1v1 fight lovin'" that'd be cross realming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom