solo rvr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>Now, since people are whining and moaning about soloers not having a place of their own, why not just set it up, ofc theres gonna be the occasional group that comes along to fetch some easy rps, but the duos/trios etc and the full groups that arent all that random would stay out of this area?, it really shouldnt be all that hard, just pick some zone somewhere(preferably non-hib since we already hosting irvr), wouldn't this be an idea?.

excellent, tell us where so we can steamroll them with at least a fg and/or get them suspended for crossrealming.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
excellent, tell us where so we can steamroll them with at least a fg and/or get them suspended for crossrealming.

ARGH muy now you ruin it should be a surprice so we can steamroll them without telling em...

well on topic stop arrening 1 vs 1 on FH apply to GOA that you gimped stealthers need a place with an arena where only 2 people can enter to fight each other cause you gonna /cry if you have to wait 5-10 min to find a fight in the biiig zone out there.

Why is it that the only people who want 1 vs. 1 are stealthers? if I run around with any of my chars I always find a 1-50 vs. me fight cause I run somewhere stealther PA me, I stand and wait to die thats it... I run again then but if i'm smart I don't run same way if I don't think I have a small chance of survival, then I run an other way. not so hard as solo to find fight...

However why do people keep saying it's easy to run as zerg and hard to solo.. no actually the easy part is solo the hard part is to get 50+ people to work together as a team so that they can actually acomplys something, try a zerg vs zerg fight, they alot more fun then 1 vs. 1 cause your chance of survival isen't 50% anymore it random, and try a zerg vs. zerg vs. zerg those are the most fun in the game, all 3 realms running in to each other nuking/hitting everybody with a red name hoping that you win and not another with red name is on you.

MMORPG (MASIVE MULTIPLAYER online roleplaying game) on a server with a population on more then 1000 people you only want to play 1vs.1 imo seek other game then... singleplayer games for that...

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Dimmer said:
ARGH muy now you ruin it should be a surprice so we can steamroll them without telling em...

well on topic stop arrening 1 vs 1 on FH apply to GOA that you gimped stealthers need a place with an arena where only 2 people can enter to fight each other cause you gonna /cry if you have to wait 5-10 min to find a fight in the biiig zone out there.
People are not trying to arrange duels here. All they want is an area, a zone, where they have a better chance of running into other soloers.
We're not going to bring our bots and meet at loc x,y.

Why is it that the only people who want 1 vs. 1 are stealthers? if I run around with any of my chars I always find a 1-50 vs. me fight cause I run somewhere stealther PA me, I stand and wait to die thats it... I run again then but if i'm smart I don't run same way if I don't think I have a small chance of survival, then I run an other way. not so hard as solo to find fight...
Stealthers are not the only people who wants 1vs1...

However why do people keep saying it's easy to run as zerg and hard to solo..
Who says soloing is harder than zerging or running a FG?

no actually the easy part is solo the hard part is to get 50+ people to work together as a team so that they can actually acomplys something, try a zerg vs zerg fight, they alot more fun then 1 vs. 1 cause your chance of survival isen't 50% anymore it random, and try a zerg vs. zerg vs. zerg those are the most fun in the game, all 3 realms running in to each other nuking/hitting everybody with a red name hoping that you win and not another with red name is on you.
Who the hell are you to tell others what's the most fun in this game?
If you like brainless zerging where you don't have to think, that's fine. Others prefer FG fights, some like duo/trio or soloing.
Running around in a zerg and spam f8+anytime isn't my idea of fun.

MMORPG (MASIVE MULTIPLAYER online roleplaying game) on a server with a population on more then 1000 people you only want to play 1vs.1 imo seek other game then... singleplayer games for that...
I mostly solo and like it that way. Other times i may duo or trio and sometimes i even join a group.
I don't tell you how to play this game, so i suggest you don't tell me how i should play.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
People are not trying to arrange duels here. All they want is an area, a zone, where they have a better chance of running into other soloers.
We're not going to bring our bots and meet at loc x,y.
read other posts on FH

Stealthers are not the only people who wants 1vs1...
no only 90% of em...

Who says soloing is harder than zerging or running a FG?
Read more posts before asking...

Who the hell are you to tell others what's the most fun in this game?
If you like brainless zerging where you don't have to think, that's fine. Others prefer FG fights, some like duo/trio or soloing.
Running around in a zerg and spam f8+anytime isn't my idea of fun.
Where do I tell others what is most fun in the game? I simply state what I find fun here in game.

I mostly solo and like it that way. Other times i may duo or trio and sometimes i even join a group.
I don't tell you how to play this game, so i suggest you don't tell me how i should play.
Once again where did I tell you how to play the game, I just getting annoyed watching time after time crossrealming happends people arrenging fights and breaking the CoC time after time...

Now the next time you try flame about something, try reading it before you do, you might discover that the easyest way to get unpopular is calling people morons and stuff just se Ironheart, no one likes him cause of his language here and prolly ingame as well, most of the stuff he says actually makes sense but due to his language no one listens to him.
So try to calm down and act mature.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
declaring a particular place in the frontier as a "solo area" as in you will go there and look around for soloists probably doesn't count as cross realming.

If you were to pm someone on irc and say "I'm off to loc XYZ in pennines, come meet me for solo 1v1 fight lovin'" that'd be cross realming.

Come on Flim, where can we draw a line?

Creating a zone, or give an area where solo'er could be found is the start of a real downfall. Firstly, as Muy stated it, posting it on a certain forum will make sure a fg trashes that beach-spot for easy rp's. So looking at it , there would not be a location where solo'ers can be found since the whole realm knows it. Looking at that, what would the use be of even discussing a topic like this since it will end in whines about those ppl that got trashed to tell others to stay away from a zone... Final result would be another pointless demand for something which simply CAN't be provided in an natural way. Sheer coincidence is the only way that it can be tollerated, not on a reserved spot.

Topics like this shouldn't even be discussed, imo, i don't need to 'get a grip" as some ppl say here... they should start getting their act together and try to figure out if they aren't just plain bored of the game seeking something else?

No NO and NO i will not contribute in a constructive way to something which isn't allowed.

And yes, Bracken you are correct, some wars were faught ammoungst champions to determine the outcome of a war with less bloodshed. But ot in here. Duels were held in their own realm and mostly were held to win a Ladies Hand and an easy way to bypass the chasity belt complex ^^.
I don't personally fance the hand of a Hibernian maiden or a Midguardian Meatball. I wouldn't fight over that.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I look forward to seeing some of you out there in the solo hunting areas :D

And a nice big FU to the must-zerg nazi's :flame:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Duels were held in their own realm and mostly were held to win a Ladies Hand and an easy way to bypass the chasity belt complex ^^.

Someone translate please! I have no idea what he's talking about.

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
it means that his character will get laid if he beats someone in a duel.

c'mon people, there will be no agreements or whatever, this will just be the place you go if you wanna solo, no keep takes or whatever will be included and noone will profit from this(if you remove fun as a profit).

how the hell can it be x-realming when people just wanna have fun with no profit made?

ironheart, cant you fucking understand that the way mythic wants the game to be it has never been?, the game is what the players make it, not what the company says its supposed to be.

personally im getting abit tired of getting told what to think, will you please stop with the namecalling aswell, it's getting quite annoying, and frankly quite abit sad.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Creating a zone, or give an area where solo'er could be found is the start of a real downfall.

"Firstly, as Muy stated it, posting it on a certain forum will make sure a fg trashes that beach-spot for easy rp's."

FGs can sometimes be evaded, especially where the terrain isn't level (beno area comes to mind, north of the river). Usually they're looking for other FGs to fight, and it's actually dangerous to gank soloers as it can quite easily let another FG get the drop on your group in a bad position.

Looking at that, what would the use be of even discussing a topic like this

1) It might actually happen.
2) You'll get annoyed about it and post again :clap:

Anyway red_hatred, are you up for my 1337 plan of d00m? (see your other thread) Plenty if keep taking in it for you, I'm sure you personally could man the trebs in Arthur's name, and for the hand of the fair Galahdriel (who randomly is in FC...)

Also Red_Hatred, have you seen the team wizzie video? Thats the one where a bloke has like 6 computers and has 4 wizzies + cleric + minsteral, and he can control them from 1 keyboard. It's great I'll tell you there is much love on his server for them.

Anyway how about TeamTreb!!! I think you should buy maybe 10-15 pc's and wire them all together so you can move your treb army around and attack any malingering hibernian or smelly midgardian defenders. You might *actually* kill something! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Or better yet TeamSmiteCleric! 8 smite clerics, all with DI3 and BoF3 /assisting and smiting thine enemies mightily! And then you'd have your own FG, and you could pop on #xrealming.daoc and call out the cowardly enemies and lure them to their DOOM! It would be great!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
the games about whatever the fuk i want it to be about .. there are no rules about whether i play in a solo, fg or zerg even

why do some of u even give a shit if some wanna solo its just a fuking game .. chill out and have some fun jeez

edit: alb coast/surs forest would get my vote

Cool Ill post this on my guild website just so Horner knows where to find u all..

RvR is all about the unplanned....could be a solo fight, or a mass keep take.

To be honest, if people where not to assume them selves playing and play the role they have undertaken....arms, pally, scout whatever, then battles will come as u want them.

eg. scout ---- ahead of main force relaying details
ns ---- behind or ahead of main force looking for scout.....

tanks ---- main force or skirmish grp on flanks ie taking towers when
main force on keep.
casters ----- in keeps/towers blowing the crap out of tanks ...

its not role playing, its playing a role in the overall scheme of thinks..

too many damn wanna be hero's, but they never will be.

hero's are ordinary people, doing extraordinary things......

DAoC is a game true, but part of that game is to play an armsman as an Armsman for example, no point in scouting a keep as a tank as you'll get spotted, where as scout/inf and even mincer can get a look and disappear without then enemy knowing....

Play the role, and be fulfilled in knowing you are doing what you should be...

soloers - stealthers
group - tanks, casters + above
zerg - everything else + above

my view like it

or lump it, albion-hibernia - midgard are at war....

I play nice in thid, will not attack unless I am attacked first.
In RvR if your a valid target and i think ill win... your toast

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
Come on Flim, where can we draw a line?

Creating a zone, or give an area where solo'er could be found is the start of a real downfall. Firstly, as Muy stated it, posting it on a certain forum will make sure a fg trashes that beach-spot for easy rp's. So looking at it , there would not be a location where solo'ers can be found since the whole realm knows it. Looking at that, what would the use be of even discussing a topic like this since it will end in whines about those ppl that got trashed to tell others to stay away from a zone... Final result would be another pointless demand for something which simply CAN't be provided in an natural way. Sheer coincidence is the only way that it can be tollerated, not on a reserved spot.

Topics like this shouldn't even be discussed, imo, i don't need to 'get a grip" as some ppl say here... they should start getting their act together and try to figure out if they aren't just plain bored of the game seeking something else?

No NO and NO i will not contribute in a constructive way to something which isn't allowed.

And yes, Bracken you are correct, some wars were faught ammoungst champions to determine the outcome of a war with less bloodshed. But ot in here. Duels were held in their own realm and mostly were held to win a Ladies Hand and an easy way to bypass the chasity belt complex ^^.
I don't personally fance the hand of a Hibernian maiden or a Midguardian Meatball. I wouldn't fight over that.

OK GIVE EM THERE OWN BLOODY ZONE!!!!....

but anyone in this zone must make a /macro as follows:

/macro L33t /y DONT ADD YOU MUPPET!!!!!!!!

make a zone full of soloers, and have scouts adding casters adding.....
unless you prearrange it that they dont.....hmmmm thats x-realming....

It wont work so give up whining.
want proof?

come thidranki, molvik, leirvik

how can someone solo, know that 2 others from different realms are about to duel......unless they communicate via a linked system....cant work wont work not wat game is about.

If this was the case and your an inf behind a hib caster sitting down with a mid caster......are you telling me you wont pa one and garotte the other too death, if you dont then perhaps getting dance nation on psone is more your style, or a book on flower arranging.

KILL EM ALL!!!!!!

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac, what are you trying to achieve with your posts?

Light

Loyal Freddie
some of you really dont get it at all do you.

based on what you call cross-realming ill email goa now and report all of you - for going to known rvr areas in alb/hib/mid nf zones, especially when you go there after lookign at the war map :m00:

Zoias post was spot on, Sollac you are the one in need of reading and comprehension lessons

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
Sollac, what are you trying to achieve with your posts?

just that you pick character ie armsman, your a defender of the realm, thus expected to partake in keep defence and sieges.

your not expected to under take recon.....

players pick characters they wanna play ...fine, but at least play the role you have chosen.

A solo area/zone will not work as all soloer's will add, as if solo you wont know about the prearranged match....

human nature is wat will make it fail,

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Dimmer said:
read other posts on FH

no only 90% of em...

Read more posts before asking...

Where do I tell others what is most fun in the game? I simply state what I find fun here in game.

Once again where did I tell you how to play the game, I just getting annoyed watching time after time crossrealming happends people arrenging fights and breaking the CoC time after time...

Now the next time you try flame about something, try reading it before you do, you might discover that the easyest way to get unpopular is calling people morons and stuff just se Ironheart, no one likes him cause of his language here and prolly ingame as well, most of the stuff he says actually makes sense but due to his language no one listens to him.
So try to calm down and act mature.
What exactely do you want me to read? I've read this thread.
What it basically is, is some people who want to find a zone they can go to, where they have a better chance at meeting other soloers and get some good fights without getting zerged all the time.
They may still be added on there, but all they want is to have some more fun before they get zerged and have to release.
Why does that annoy you so much?

Then there are people like you, who try to tell them they shouldn't be playing this game if they like to solo. That they are cross-realming even though they are not arranging duels of any kind.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
Zoias post was spot on, Sollac you are the one in need of reading and comprehension lessons

:twak:

come face to face and we'll see who needs reading and comprehension lessons

wanna make it personal use pm.

got a valid point post it here ass-hole

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
Then there are people like you, who try to tell them they shouldn't be playing this game if they like to solo. That they are cross-realming even though they are not arranging duels of any kind.
Uhm first time I ever got flamed here /victory
I have never said don't play if you like solo but why should you or others have special treatment cause you only like to play solo, when I go RVR I go into a war, killing all that is not in my realm. this means adding on fights etc. then people yell to me to stop add and stuff and why should I? I can not se anything wrong in helping my fellow contry'smen in a battle as well as I hope they help me in battle, but like said before here, try compare to RL.
Denmark in war with Sweeden (this is not happening I hope) I would not run around with a gun hide and se fellow danes fight sweedes and not do anything to help my contry, I would go help the danes in the fight.
Solo: I would never expect a fellow dane to tell me to stop killing the one he is killing, nor would I ever expect a area where the fight would only be 1 vs.1 in a war.

Duels against mids/hibs/albs can be done on camlan as this is the reason they made the server (so I think).

but if you want a zone for "solo" then /send GOA and let them make a zone for it. Arrening certin zones for special combat via FH is imo Crossrealming and against the CoC.

Light

Loyal Freddie
Sollac said:

come face to face and we'll see who needs reading and comprehension lessons

wanna make it personal use pm.

got a valid point post it here ass-hole

1st i apologise it was Dimmer that stated Zoia needed to read the thread properly.

it was not personal it was a valid point, he was telling Zoia to read a thread properly, and i was stating the he had and based his responses on the understanding of it, it was you that had not.

still you are the only one resorting to personal abuse here

Light

Loyal Freddie
Dimmer said:
why should you or others have special treatment cause you only like to play solo

but if you want a zone for "solo" then /send GOA and let them make a zone for it. Arrening certin zones for special combat via FH is imo Crossrealming and against the CoC.

who is asking for special treatment? do what you like.

go report it to goa then - to be honest though why do you really care? its a game and peoples idea of fun in it is varied, why so bothered about what others might think is fun and try to ruin it

some of you are so bitter and grumpy its beyond me...

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Dimmer, i'm not flaming you. I'm just not agreeing with what you say, so i argue with you.
You said in your first post that, in your oppinion, people who likes to solo should play another game, but never mind.

I never yell at people who add on my fights. Some may do it only to get some RP's, but i also understand that most do it to help me out. To help their realmmate, as you said.

We don't want a place where we can have duels all day long and not be afraid of FGs coming to ruin our fun.
A zone for only soloers would become boring quite fast. Part of the fun is that you never know what you'll run into.
However, if you get killed over and over again all day long, it becomes frustrating.
If we knew there was a high chance to run into other soloers in one particular zone, that would only make the game a little more fun to play for those who like to solo.
That's what this is after all, a game. People want to play it to have fun.
People can take their zerg there to gank us if they like. Noone is stopping them.

Perhaps we should get one of the GOA GMs to post their oppinion on this.

vintervargen

Banned
ROFL never seen so many retards on the same place before, and to no surprise 99% of them are albs -.-

"bwee i dont have the skill to fight ppl 1vs1 so noone else should be able to either bweeee bweee :("

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
just that you pick character ie armsman, your a defender of the realm, thus expected to partake in keep defence and sieges.

your not expected to under take recon.....

players pick characters they wanna play ...fine, but at least play the role you have chosen.

A solo area/zone will not work as all soloer's will add, as if solo you wont know about the prearranged match....

human nature is wat will make it fail,

I do NOT think people choosed armsmen (for example) to bash doors or keepguards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom