Wij

I am a FH squatter
What's it got to do with the EU? Italy is in the EU but as far as I'm aware doesn't choose its leaders.

Putin-aligned parties are a boil on the arse of the world.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Good turn out, but nowhere near enough to make a slightest difference.
Maybe some crying kids next time.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Going back to a conversation many pages ago I am now a Swedish citizen and the process took around 8 weeks. It would have been less only i went on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of that so they couldnt progress whilst I had my passport.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Going back to a conversation many pages ago I am now a Swedish citizen and the process took around 8 weeks. It would have been less only i went on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of that so they couldnt progress whilst I had my passport.

Congrats. How much did it cost? Starting my application soon but it costs a fortune

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice Yons. What sort of stuff did they want off you / ask for?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm entitled to an Irish passport apparently.

Still trying to figure out why I'd want one, but I can have one.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I can get a Turkish one for 1000 euro as one of my parents are Turkish. The question is why the hell I'd want one. Irish sounds more like it!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can get a Turkish one for 1000 euro as one of my parents are Turkish. The question is why the hell I'd want one. Irish sounds more like it!

Might be good when the the Three Emperors of Putin, Erdogan and Trump take on the free world, you might wanna be on the right side of that one.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Time to learn "Du gamla du fria" now then. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Free travel in the EU once Brexit happens :)

Given I've been to more non EU countries than those within the union on my current passport, I'm really not too concerned :)

DaGaffer

Free travel in the EU once Brexit happens :)

Working in the EU would be the more important consideration. I can carry on living and working in Ireland under a British passport, but if I want to go to a third-country in the EU I could have problems, especially in the early post-Brexit when the UK withdraws without a deal because UKGov are demonstrably fuckwits.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Working in the EU would be the more important consideration. I can carry on living and working in Ireland under a British passport, but if I want to go to a third-country in the EU I could have problems, especially in the early post-Brexit when the UK withdraws without a deal because UKGov are demonstrably fuckwits.
Yeah. This is the big pisser. Freedom of movement is truly a great thing to give up. :(

Job

Free movement of workers is for the rich so they can play you off against each other.
You know that Scouse, but are so up the EUs ass you are in denial.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Free movement of workers is for the rich so they can play you off against each other.
Free movement of labour is just furthering the workings of a free market. The whole system should become more efficient leading to overall growth. It's not a zero-sum game. There will be winners and losers but the net effect should be positive. Are you not a free-market fan?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Me and my friends, many of us who've worked in europe, aren't rich.

Perhaps it doesn't suit the unskilled in rich countries - english plumber types - but people who didn't toss it off at school in some self-defeating anti-intellectual strop can and do take advantage of their ability to take their skills and see europe and enjoy the experience of living and working there.

You hate it because polish plumbers are better than your lazy xenophobic ass...

DaGaffer

So where do you draw the line @Job? Everyone should stay where they were born and get a job down’t pit? Free movement in the UK is OK but with the EU it isn’t? Why? Half of the North of England has moved to the South-East over the last 30 years; why is that free movement OK but wider movement in the EU isn’t?
Brexiters have always framed the debate in terms of the threat from inward movement of labour and flatly reject the opportunity of outward labour movement even as millions move around the country in pursuit of work.

It doesn’t matter whether this is all a fucking plot by the illuminati, it’s the world we actually live in.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

I am currently living in my 4th EU country and am far from rich, freedom of movement gives you a chance to make a positive change if opportunities are limited where you are. My kids have 3 EU nationalities and I hope (and i will continue to vote for) that they will get same or better opportunities I have had

Gwadien

I love it how bad the government is at negotiation and bluffing.

It's so obvious they do want a trade deal.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am currently living in my 4th EU country and am far from rich, freedom of movement gives you a chance to make a positive change if opportunities are limited where you are. My kids have 3 EU nationalities and I hope (and i will continue to vote for) that they will get same or better opportunities I have had
Come on @Job - in the face of this direct evidence from someone on the board - what factual argument do you have shows that stopping free movement of people is more important than enabling what Ormorof and his family have experienced?

Job

I havent got the time atm..mtb in Yorkshire..but Ill say people ate getting confuded with my comment about them being the rich..Im talking about the global super rich..they want migration and movement because it keeps their costs down and its the classic divide and conquer...keep the peadants moaning about each other while they go to the bank.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
And yet its you, who is against that freedom of movement on these boards, that moans the most about "others"

Gwadien

wp EU

EU leaders clash over new migrant deal

The 28 EU leaders agreed several other measures, including:

• Strengthening external border controls, with more funding for Turkey and countries in North Africa
  • Exploring the possibility of "regional disembarkation platforms", designed to thwart people-smuggling gangs by processing migrants outside the EU
  • Boosting investment in Africa to help the continent achieve a "socio-economic transformation" so people no longer want to leave in pursuit of a better life in Europe

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I havent got the time atm..mtb in Yorkshire..but Ill say people ate getting confuded with my comment about them being the rich..Im talking about the global super rich..they want migration and movement because it keeps their costs down and its the classic divide and conquer...keep the peadants moaning about each other while they go to the bank.
Fumny. Unsurprisingly you found the time to regurgitate the exact same shit whilst ignoring the direct challenge, dick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom