DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And what about the Serbian President..he is completely correct, hypocrisy of the highest order and just another reason why the EU is never going to work.

The Serbian president is talking about Kosovo you tool. I've already explained the difference for the slow of thinking.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thats a bit far, just cluster bombs should do it.

Job

It concerns me that a Serbian president references an ongoing political dispute of some magnitude whike comparing it to a major recent European war and its not all over the news.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It concerns me that a Serbian president references an ongoing political dispute of some magnitude whike comparing it to a major recent European war and its not all over the news.

What's not all over the news? The fact that Kosovan Albanians fought the Serbs twenty years ago and broke away from Serbia over a decade ago? Or that neither nation is in the EU, and the comparison between Catalonia and Kosovo is fatuous bollocks that only the Russian media on behalf of their historic Serb allies would be remotely interested in while conveiniently ignoring all the Serb atrocities? Yeah, highly newsworthy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Interesting that the banks are thinking about moving their headquarters out of Catalonia so they can remain in the EU if Catalonia does manage to break away.

Parallels with the UK there...

Job

What does it even matter, banking is slowly becoming non geographical anyway, AI is going to destroy finance, banks will just be on mainframes spread around the globe.
Anything bring the 'centre' of something is fading fast.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What does it even matter, banking is slowly becoming non geographical anyway, AI is going to destroy finance, banks will just be on mainframes spread around the globe.
Anything bring the 'centre' of something is fading fast.
Mainframes?

Job

What people dont say mainframe anymore

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They say it all the time, on the wireless.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
*shrug* still mainframes around, we've got some, mostly running mahoosive DB2 instances. I blame the contract architects.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The only mainframe I remember was in my dad's office. It was a gigantic machine took up floor space of about two squash courts.

Job

My mum worked at the tax office computer centre, she would take me in to show me the new hardware and let me program some of the machines.

We are talking punchole tape and punch cards, you literally punched into a device with a card, it looked like a bit of an old school typewriter, or you used a sort of telex machine to write in to pink punchtape, it collected in a big plastic bin, you ripped the tape, wheeled the bin into the main room, where reel to reel tape machines the size of american fridges would accept the tape and suck it out of the bin, transferring the info into digital, the punchtape was the hard backup, if you made a mistake, you had to rip the tape and stickytape a new start.
Punched tape - Wikipedia

1200px-PaperTapes-5and8Hole.jpg

voqT3.jpg

Job

It's all relative , in 50 years people will be laughing at Windows PC's.

Job

It appears that is quite an old joke.

Goose_step.gif

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It appears that is quite an old joke.
Fuck me. Are you immune to satire? It's the daily mash ffs!

It appears that this is an old joke?! The goose-stepping nazis??!!! :eek7:

omg1!11oneelevenmeltdown! I think my brain has literally just imploded. I'm going for a lie-down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom