Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The number of people in employment means dick if it's based on zero hours contracts and wages dropping like a stone. Inflation's at about 3%, wages dropping alarming amounts in real terms for best part of a decade, the pound also taking a massive hit in value.

I'm alright, jack, but lots of people really aren't....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Which experts?
Come on, the experts, the experts.

Hang on, so a lower population means we have more jobs? That sounds like nonsense.

Did you miss the simple sum? lets break it down as you obviously struggle with GSCE maths.

You have 100 people and 80 jobs. meaning you have 20 unemployed.

The next day 10 people leave, you now have 90 people and 80 jobs, meaning you have XX (please show your working) people unemployed. Due to an odd quirk, unemployment figures count people out of work, not in work...

and you can start with zero-hour contracts.
You can, anyone with an IQ in 3 figures will tell you that the numbers are tiny and most of those with them, want them, as per the (I will let you google it) majority of McDonalds staff that wanted to keep them. As someone self employed I find it surprising that you think it weird that people want to work when they like, rather than a set 9-5 5 days a week.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The next day 10 people leave, you now have 90 people and 80 jobs

This is not how economies work. Fewer people, fewer jobs.

As someone self employed I find it surprising that you think it weird that people want to work when they like, rather than a set 9-5 5 days a week.

Because I earn a lot of money in a day and therefore don't care if I have a quiet month. When McDonalds pays £50 an hour, perhaps everyone will love zero hours contracts.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because I earn a lot of money in a day and therefore don't care if I have a quiet month. When McDonalds pays £50 an hour, perhaps everyone will love zero hours contracts.

Seeing as 80% of McDonalds staff decided to stay on zero hours contracts and 20% decided to move onto set contracts, when asked the explicit question of, do you want to keep your zero hours contract or move over to this here fixed contract?

I think we can safely say that 80% of McDonalds staff prefer them.

No?

If we use that as a metric for that part of the economy and type of staff, students etc we can kind of see that those working in that industry prefer flexible hours where they can work when they like.

Its pretty much only dinosaurs such as yourself that assume kids don't want them. The rest is this witchcraft like gig economy you might have heard of, where people are choosing, through there own free will to work for the likes of Uber, whenever they feel like it, rather than becoming a taxi driver and working set hours for someone else.

Let me know if you need me to explain the maths to you, no problems.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Let me know if you need me to explain the maths to you, no problems.

You know, I could have replied to your post with something constructive, but after that you can go back onto the block list. You're just a massive cunt and, like Job, a cancer on this forum.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just got corrected and educated in the style I like to use, hate it and I am taking my toys home with me.

Ok...

But fwiw, the cancer is probably the leaches that refuse to pay a sub, like yourself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The cancer is you being generally insulting to everyone's intelligence when they try to engage you honestly despite A) whining about insults directed at you and b) having zero education yourself.

Chill the fuck out raven. Try to have a discussion for a change. Tom made valid points (and even you made a few). It's possible to conduct yourself without the casual angry-man-shouting-down that has become your default.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The cancer is you being generally insulting to everyone's intelligence when they try to engage you honestly despite A) whining about it yourself and b) having zero education yourself.

I treat fuckwits, as fuckwits. You will notice that there are 2 people I have a problem with on these forums, the common theme? They both think extremely highly of themselves and talk down to people, constantly. One just put me on ignore, I suggest you do the same. I am really not interested in your opinion.

I mean, you are still trying to carry this on, despite being flushed, despite claiming to put and end to it. Just stfu or go away, either/or. It's not the first, second or third time you have had these long running issues with people is it? You do understand that the common element, every time, is you? Right? You do see that don't you? You do have the social skills to understand that if you are rude to people they will either ignore you or give it back to you? I know you hate it when that happens but tough shit.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is not how economies work. Fewer people, fewer jobs.

If the people creating the jobs leave the country then yes, the number of available jobs will go down. If the people doing the jobs leave the country, then someone who still lives here will take their place.

Not especially difficult to understand.

And as I've mentioned before, there is plenty of research and real life experience out there which suggests zero hours contracts are nowhere near as unpopular as Steptoe would have you believe. His party, for a start, fucking loves them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jesus..Junkys speech, you would think he was the King of Europe, everything us brexiters said, out there in plain words.
Army, taxes, Europe wide finance minister...the different reactions from the countries of the EU say it all, they range from, lets go for it, to, wtf are you doing.
Europe is morphing into the EU.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He had been on the sherry again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ever. Closer. Union.

You guys act like that fact was some sort of secret.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ever closer union would also, presumably be democratic, in an ideal world

"Right lads, do as your told, hic" not so much...

They can keep it, glad to be out of it. They had a chance for a decent, fair Europe, instead they filled its leadership with people proud of their corruption. Fuck the lot of them.

And before the deluded spout on about it being democratic, demonstrate 1 action that could help remove that corrupt, banker wanker, alcoholic arsehole?

They might want to look at the definition of democracy before they do though...

Anyway, not that it really matters to us.

We are not just out, we are out out :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ever closer union would also, presumably be democratic, in an ideal world

"Right lads, do as your told, hic" not so much...

They can keep it, glad to be out of it. They had a chance for a decent, fair Europe, instead they filled its leadership with people proud of their corruption. Fuck the lot of them.

And before the deluded spout on about it being democratic, demonstrate 1 action that could help remove that corrupt, banker wanker, alcoholic arsehole?

They might want to look at the definition of democracy before they do though...

Anyway, not that it really matters to us.

We are not just out, we are out out :D

The democratically elected European Parliament appoints (and can remove) The Commission and its President. Just like the UK where the Prime Minister is appointed by the party in power, not by a direct vote. So if you want to remove Jean Claude Juncker, you talk to your MEP. It will be just as successful as talking to your MP about removing Theresa May. "The definition of democracy" doesn't apply to the EU, but it doesn't apply to the UK or the US either; it just comes down to the level of delusion you're prepared to tolerate.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, except the prime minister is an elected MP, Junker is a pissed up guy from Luxembourg who's previous experience is pretty much exclusively advising multinationals on how to get away with tax fraud.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, except the prime minister is an elected MP, Junker is a pissed up guy from Luxembourg who's previous experience is pretty much exclusively advising multinationals on how to get away with tax fraud.

So? Being elected an MP has zero bearing on one's competence to be a minister, and the UK is a country with a House of Lords for fuck's sake. Juncker (and the Commission) is there to execute the will of the European Parliament, pretty much like a civil servant, its just a different way of skinning the cat. As for his former job in Luxembourg, so fucking what? Countries work to maximise their economic assets, and small countries don't have many. What he was doing was right for Luxembourg, just like its been right for Ireland. Criticising him for doing his job effectively seems to be a peculiar way to question his competence (and by the way, the UK is the last country to criticise others for enabling tax avoidance, we have whole territories set up to do it for us). I have no comment to make on his drinking habits as I don't know anything about them, although its intstructive that we admire our most famous Prime Minister for his qualities when on the sauce.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
This whole discussion tickles me. How England feels about Junker / EU is how the Scots feel about May / Westminster, yet the Scots were told "you'd be fucked" in the same way Junker is patronising England.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This whole discussion tickles me. How England feels about Junker / EU is how the Scots feel about May / Westminster, yet the Scots were told "you'd be fucked" in the same way Junker is patronising England.

Little Englanders all around.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

What like Bill Gates and James Dyson who both think we have a bright future? Those sorts of Little Englanders?

But of course an alcoholic beauracrat says we'll regret it, so guess we can ignore them.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its usually the same people that were raving about Scotland being able to break free. Will of the people and all that.

Until the result cam in that is.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

What are you on about? Do you think people want to build a big wall around the UK and not deal with anyone? Maybe a handful of feckless layabouts but who actually cares what they think? They don't vote, they don't work...perhaps we should send them packing too.

Trotting out that bullshit just shows you don't understand it, still, after well over a year #embarrassing

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What are you on about? Do you think people want to build a big wall around the UK and not deal with anyone? Maybe a handful of feckless layabouts but who actually cares what they think? They don't vote, they don't work...perhaps we should send them packing too.

Trotting out that bullshit just shows you don't understand it, still, after well over a year #embarrassing

Allow me to cite some of the rhetoric from Indyref on that very point:

Scottish independence: Ed Miliband raises prospect of guards along

Walls? No. Armed guards? Red Ed was all for it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ever. Closer. Union.

You guys act like that fact was some sort of secret.
Except of course during the run up to the vote anyone mentioning a federal Europe was shot down as a white van man xenophobe.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Said it before and will says, a federal Europe would be great if it was fair.

But it isn't and those in power don't want it, so fuck it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Why Farage is still there amazes me even more. What is his purpose there apart from yelling and accomplishing nothing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is still an MEP isn't he?

He is as much uses as the rest of them, toothless, failed politicians.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well the other MEPs are invested in Europe and are contributing whereas he is just a knob.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They can think they are contributing all they like, they are there to be told what is happening, that is about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom