Sex Skyrimming, current status

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Could someone drop me a message on steam when they get the chance, would like to talk about mods and stuff -nerd-

Gwadien

Think I've broken it - this is not as simple as other mods, every time I boot the game with mods - it crashes the game after the loading screen, I think it's got something to do with SKSE, not entirely sure how to install it properly, apparently.

Still crashing even w/o mods.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
actually, we've all been there. first thing to try, if it won't start with mods removed, is Steam's "verify local files" option.

TdC

well, take everything off, reinstall, and then just put the HD texture packs in. also, be aware that the steam skyrim doesn't come with the (unofficial) patch.

Gwadien

So I fixed it, so it worked again, tried from the start, then I booted it through the SKSE thing, and it was telling me that my Skyrim wasn't up to date.

I've given up, I think I'll stick to vanilla, this is far too much hassle.

TdC

odd. which skse are you running?

Gwadien

The latest one, I removed it again, then it started bugging out even more - Every time it got to the initial screen where it has play/options etc etc, I clicked play and it just looped back onto the same screen, so I've rage quit.

TdC

derp :(

you sure the game actually runs from fresh install?

Gwadien

Yeah, my leet archer got to level two, then I tried modding, and it went bad, I don't understand why it's so difficult to get a simple system which does all the file editing and such.

TdC

well, there is always Nexus Mod Manager. run TES5edit to clean up your shit. it might work.

Gwadien

well, there is always Nexus Mod Manager. run TES5edit to clean up your shit. it might work.
That's what I used, nexus mod manager, but it seemed I had to download skse separately.

I've already rage deleted the game, so I'll reinstall tomorrow and see what happens.

TdC

I feel bad for you chum. My Skyrim proves surprisingly robust, though I will cry when my venerable savegame finally dies. I also have SKSE installed as a binary in the Steam Skyrim folder and all is peachy. Hope things work out!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Modding with MM is actually the simplest thing, especially with nexus "download with mm" buttons :p

Readme, follow instructions, learn and apply.

SKSE is the same, just follow the rules to the letter.

Gwadien

Modding with MM is actually the simplest thing, especially with nexus "download with mm" buttons :p

Readme, follow instructions, learn and apply.

SKSE is the same, just follow the rules to the letter.
Aye, I did with SKSE, since there wasn't a SKSE on Nexus, I had to do it separately, but as above, it fucked up, and I have 0 idea why.

Gwadien

No fucking idea what's happened, fresh re-installed the game, still looping the first screen, fucking shit.

TdC

very very odd that. not sure what to do about it chum. only thing that comes to mind is a similarity with Bioshock on my comp, where I played the first one to bits, let it sit for a year, and then it wouldn't even start.

anything in your windows logs at all?

Poag

m00?
No fucking idea what's happened, fresh re-installed the game, still looping the first screen, fucking shit.
Delete the skyrim folder.

If your using steam it only removes the files it installs rather than everything in the folder. Any mods will still be present. So by removing and reinstalling you've effectively done nothing.

Del the skyrim folder (your saves are elsewhere). Install SKSE, boot it up.

Install ENB, boot it up. Be ware that DXD hooks will cause ENB to die (like Dxtory did for me).

Then go about installing stuff with Nexus Mod Manager. Start with things like the mesh edit.
Do a couple, boot it up and make sure it still works, if it doesn't remove the ones you just installed and try them again one at a time, NMM keeps the INSTALLED time as a column option so they ones you just installed are easy to find.

Also get BOSS http://boss-developers.github.io/ it sorts out the load orders for mods which can cause issues if you load them out of order.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
If you want a very thorough step by step, check out the STEP project. It talks you through literally every step of installing skyrim, setting it up, installing tools, then mods in what order etc. Takes a while but you end up with a gorgeous game that works.

I only did step core, and its great.

Gwadien

Delete the skyrim folder.

If your using steam it only removes the files it installs rather than everything in the folder. Any mods will still be present. So by removing and reinstalling you've effectively done nothing.

Del the skyrim folder (your saves are elsewhere). Install SKSE, boot it up.

Install ENB, boot it up. Be ware that DXD hooks will cause ENB to die (like Dxtory did for me).

Then go about installing stuff with Nexus Mod Manager. Start with things like the mesh edit.
Do a couple, boot it up and make sure it still works, if it doesn't remove the ones you just installed and try them again one at a time, NMM keeps the INSTALLED time as a column option so they ones you just installed are easy to find.

Also get BOSS http://boss-developers.github.io/ it sorts out the load orders for mods which can cause issues if you load them out of order.
Aye, I uninstall then methodically deleted everything steam apps>skyrim and also users->appdata etc

TdC

erm, that is just too weird dude. all your other stuff works ok?

Gwadien

erm, that is just too weird dude. all your other stuff works ok?
Games? - Yeah.

I completely wiped Skyrim, there's -nothing- I can think off which i didn't go through and delete in terms of hidden files and such, it's silly, I just don't understand.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Gwadien

I don't think you understand my friend.

I've clean uninstalled it - If I do that stuff, it still doesn't work - still the same errors.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Poag

m00?
I don't think you understand my friend.

I've clean uninstalled it - If I do that stuff, it still doesn't work - still the same errors.
Try your Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\my games skyrim folder...might be something there ballsing it up.

Does it crash if you start a new game? Can you even start a game?

TdC

he says he can't get past the start game / continue screen Poag

Poag

m00?
Then he should firebomb his PC as hes evidently ballsed something else up during the installation of a mod.

If ypu've wiped out the entire skyrim directory, and can't load a new game, then there is something else wrong with your PC. I've had my skryim crippled many times due to mods, and a nuke and reinstalled worked every single time.

Gwadien

I got a response from the Skyrim maker dudes, gonna see if their response is any use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom