Sim City

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Can you play it without servers if in the future EA disconnects the service?

You will, there's already people working on server emulator hacks for this game.

The servers aren't actually needed. Try it yourself, start the game and load into a city, pull your internet cable out and watch the game happily putter on for quite a while until it tries to sync up to the cloud save.

Good read here for conspiracy theorists, and i don't really see anything there that makes me disbelieve him/her...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/simcity-server-not-necessary/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

They must need all those servers to computate the genius AI needed to line the cars up in the *exact* correct order in which their houses are.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You will, there's already people working on server emulator hacks for this game.

The servers aren't actually needed. Try it yourself, start the game and load into a city, pull your internet cable out and watch the game happily putter on for quite a while until it tries to sync up to the cloud save.

Good read here for conspiracy theorists, and i don't really see anything there that makes me disbelieve him/her...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/simcity-server-not-necessary/

2 hour repost. Record? :D

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm pretty sure you hold the record of less than 30 minutes Wazz, we'll never forget.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Yeah read about them trying to pull some wool etc, shame i don't use hacks etc. Well, just have to wait until EA caves(heh) and removes the online must.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah read about them trying to pull some wool etc, shame i don't use hacks etc. Well, just have to wait until EA caves(heh) and removes the online must.
I seriously doubt that EA will admit a mistake like this after going through all the trouble insisting that the servers are a must have. So with that in mind i don't see the problem using a server emulator.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc they won't. They think their customers are stupid...for some reason.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>

If something like that comes out and works, it might actually get me to buy the game.
As it is now, I have no interest in it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I seriously doubt that EA will admit a mistake like this after going through all the trouble insisting that the servers are a must have. So with that in mind i don't see the problem using a server emulator.

Yeap, not likely at all knowing past EA policies. Might change their tune since one of the guys who (supposedly proven) worked on it said that servers aren't needed.

I'm not that big of a fan of simcity that it's a must have, so i'm not really bothered, but if they change their mind they'll get a lot more sales out of it.

That's what always makes me wonder.; why not?

Easy to say that it's 'cause they're morons etc, but i've learned that there's always a reason, just never ran into one that would explain this.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Have to say the traffic system via one main road connection is very annoying, my second city ran in to early issues with Ada's busses utterly flooding the main part of my city thus causing police, fire and trade issues to the point where the only solution was to remove the bus stops so they wouldn't come :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think the firm Wazz works for is making their own sim city sorta thing...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Have to say the traffic system via one main road connection is very annoying, my second city ran in to early issues with Ada's busses utterly flooding the main part of my city thus causing police, fire and trade issues to the point where the only solution was to remove the bus stops so they wouldn't come :)

LOL i over did it on the buses?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I think the firm Wazz works for is making their own sim city sorta thing...

You're very stupid at times.

As said previously in the thread, I really wanted this game but held off to see what it was like. Every new thing I read on it reveals something new about how inherently broken the whole design is. It's shameful, depressing and astonishing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You're very stupid at times.

As said previously in the thread, I really wanted this game but held off to see what it was like. Every new thing I read on it reveals something new about how inherently broken the whole design is. It's shameful, depressing and astonishing.
I was joking, chill out bud :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Is that a joke? Two of my links reposted in the same day by different people? :eek:

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I love the way everyone just piles into the nearest house at the end of the day. nice pre release testing there guys.

jesus...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
so... i think ill wait a year or so before even bothering to think about buying this :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom