Sim City

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ironically I only think it needs the offloading when it is online :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...r-tells-us-offline-regional-play-easily-done/

“I’ve analyzed all of the data calls to and from EA servers – all of the APIs, every request for data, and all of the data that comes back,” explains the modder. And in doing so, he’s found some surprising results. “The SimCity servers are not doing any calculations that could not be done on your PC, even for an entire region single player offline mode, let alone just the city you are in.”

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's all getting rather awkward for EA :)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Just someone let rip a charge on false marketising on them.

Sure, awkward from EA. Even more awkward that it aint surprising and the same shit will happen again. And again.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
EA Admits SimCity Could Have Run Offline

The Vatican Confirms The Pope Could Be A Catholic

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Reinstalled SimCity 4 last night to tide me over until they sort out offline saving and fix the major bugs. Which may be never!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would imagine offline saving will be a community achievement; EA will never back down. Unless they can monetise it somehow ofc (imagine a DLC release to enable it).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It really wont be long until offline saving.

I might actually break my rule of no pirating games for this, just because EA are such utter cunts and piracy is the only way to punish such stupid DRM.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It really wont be long until offline saving.

I might actually break my rule of no pirating games for this, just because EA are such utter cunts and piracy is the only way to punish such stupid DRM.

If they also can make zones bigger, then ..... hmmmm......

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
wonder if theyre "fixing" the non-online and the other modded stuff to keep their iron grip

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think they genuinely have no idea what they are doing. They have realised they aren't dealing with slack jawed consolers who do as they are told.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Was playing sims 3 yesterday and was thinking; Hmm, well i'm girly.

And then i thought that if they just added old simcity style terrain, road, housing, economy etc modding tools(which they already partly have in sims), they would've had a perfect sim city game with an added sims layer.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Pretty nice chicking there laying those golden eggs. Perhaps we should inform MJ about this, could be a good idea for Camelot Unchained!

If you want to plop these playful attractions in your city, you need to be located in the United States and you’ll also need to purchase a specially marked Crest or Oral-B product to receive a code good for all five attractions.

I seriously wonder why there are still people out there in the world that come up with these things. I also wonder why (if there are any) there are people falling for this crap.

More over because:

EA isn't just selling games to players, they're selling players to advertisers. And it's not just a passive advertisement, as the only way to get to this content is to actively go to the store and buy a certrain brand of product. That, in many ways, feels worse to me. Cities filled with ads are actually realistic, as real-life cities are filled with billboards and screens. This is something else, and it's in ever worse taste considering the problems the game has faced since launch.

So they already have free advertisement. Suppose I could live with this, could even argue it adds to the realism. But no, release an unfinished game (small cities, small regions with no way to edit) with an simple (but promising) engine. You have to add DLC that is linked to commercial partners aswell, to squeeze ever single penny out of the game.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Quick straw poll:
How many of you QQ EA at but paid them money for the game anyway?

I did not buy it and dislike EA.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
As said earlier, I held off to see what it was like.

Aada must be the one crying his cock off, he said some of the features in this game were some of the best ideas ever. Poor lad.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I didn't! I don't give EA any money as a rule.

Aada

Part of the furniture
As said earlier, I held off to see what it was like.

Aada must be the one crying his cock off, he said some of the features in this game were some of the best ideas ever. Poor lad.

I didn't know it was all a fake sham did i? server issues i could deal with but fundemental systems not working or completely broken beyond repair is another thing nobody knew about until a few days after.

My points were purely based on the Online DRM which for the record i had ZERO issues with and i'm sure Embattle can also comment on never having a problem with actually playing the game.

Fundemental systems within the game just being completely fake is shit and i'm happy to say that but as far as going to actually play the game i was able to do so with no issues.

Still i got my free copy of Dead Space 3 and a £15 coupon to use on Origin after i complained further so nothing lost really a great game gained and £15 coupon which i used towards Crysis 3.

Still, always better to be the cunt sitting on the fence shouting as loud as you possibly can isn't it? what did you get from all that? nadda

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom