Sim City

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I'm glad you are happy with a game you didn't want in the first place.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm glad you are happy with a game you didn't want in the first place.

Doesn't matter i gained my money back through a game which i enjoyed and a coupon towards another game i enjoyed, i didn't lose anything but that precious thing called time.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yes, because gaming is all about getting your moneys worth. I hear ya.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I held off to see what it was like and haven't parted with any money. EA have wrecked what could have been brilliant.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I held off to see what it was like and haven't parted with any money. EA have wrecked what could have been brilliant.

I blame Maxis they are the developers, EA is partly to blame sure.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Maxis are to blame for the bugs and general unfinishedness (I should think they were under immense pressure from EA to get it done though - it wouldn't be the first time that's happened) but all the "money" stuff (DLC's, DRM etc) is entirely EA's doing. If ever there was an example of a publisher trying to monetise the shit out of a game, this is it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Maxis are to blame for the bugs and general unfinishedness (I should think they were under immense pressure from EA to get it done though - it wouldn't be the first time that's happened) but all the "money" stuff (DLC's, DRM etc) is entirely EA's doing. If ever there was an example of a publisher trying to monetise the shit out of a game, this is it.

Doesn't matter what pressure they were under if they couldn't get the basic systems right such as the sims going back to their actual house instead of going to a random house or a store for the night what else haven't they done?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, toothpaste anyone?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Doesn't matter what pressure they were under if they couldn't get the basic systems right such as the sims going back to their actual house instead of going to a random house or a store for the night what else haven't they done?

If a publisher says "release it" you don't have a choice but to do that. EA is notoriously uncompromising when it comes to release dates on most of their games. As long as the hype is there they generally don't give a fuck if the game is ready or not.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
If a publisher says "release it" you don't have a choice but to do that. EA is notoriously uncompromising when it comes to release dates on most of their games. As long as the hype is there they generally don't give a fuck if the game is ready or not.

Well - if a developer keeps pushing for a delay or more money - eventually any publisher will want to release the product.
Whether they're EA or not. I don't like EA much, but we can't really blame them for things we have no idea about.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Probably true. But name one other publisher that has a worse or equally bad track record as EA when it comes to pushing out unfinished games.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Probably true. But name one other publisher that has a worse or equally bad track record as EA when it comes to pushing out unfinished games.

ZeniMax Media Inc the publishers of Elderscrolls and Fallout and as bad as putting out unfinished games, remember Fallout NV? the bug list was absolutely huge what they released the game with and Skyrim had a lot of bugs at release as well.

Activision releases buggy games all the time.

At the end of the day Maxis put out a buggy game where fundemental systems do not work, such as Sims not returning to their homes after work and sleeping in any house they can park their car into that is not EA's fault as far as i'm concerned, and these systems that are broken did not come to light until a week or 2 weeks after the game released.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't remember any major bugs with Skyrim or NV, there was a sound bug on fallout 3 which was a bit annoying but that was more a driver issue than anything strictly game related. All bought on release day.

The bugs in Sim City don't sound like bugs, they sound like sloppy/lazy design and unfinished code.

But yeah, EA aren't the only ones, they are just the worst.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't remember any major bugs with Skyrim or NV, there was a sound bug on fallout 3 which was a bit annoying but that was more a driver issue than anything strictly game related. All bought on release day.

The bugs in Sim City don't sound like bugs, they sound like sloppy/lazy design and unfinished code.

But yeah, EA aren't the only ones, they are just the worst.

You don't remember the nearly 300mb patch that was released to fix the huge list of bugs that shouldn't have made it past Alpha testing nevermind release on New Vegas? Bearing in mind this patch was released over half a year later raised a few eyebrows.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-bugs-exterminated-in-gargantuan-v1-06-patch/

That link isn't just exlcusive to Playstation it was across all 3 platforms.

New Vegas is probably the best example of a bug ridden game released at launch.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_patch_1.06

Link to the huge patch and huge fixes of bugs that would make anyones jaw drop.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Quick scan through the patch notes and don't think I remember seeing any of them, maybe the odd glitch now and again but nothing that bad.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Quick scan through the patch notes and don't think I remember seeing any of them, maybe the odd glitch now and again but nothing that bad.

Well it's there in black and white Raven, many people suspect they released the patch so late as to draw less attention.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, I don't remember any of them on the PC and I played it to death for months.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Holy crap, this is up to V5.0 now. I wonder what the highest ever version number for a game is.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pretty much my feeling too. Having never wanted the online shite in the first place (I just want to build a city dammit), this is basically them admitting that they were being bit fat liars all along and that they *could* implement an offline mode without completely breaking the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom