Sidi Raid- Saturday 6th September :)

O

old.Ramas

Does this mean win or lose stone lotto ? Coz i can see times when say a minstrel want a sword thats dropped, but also wants to respec, He'd have to give up 1 or the other

Incidentally, given the various raid organisers bizarre (from a Cleric point of view) decision to lotto weapons before armour and jewelry, it would be a handy rule for any raids to say that we could continue lottoing for items after having won a first item, but then if we should win a 2nd or subsequent item, we'd of course have to return the first item to the lotto pool.

(For a cleric all the weapons are pretty crap, and easy and cheap to buy crafted alternatives on the open market, wheras armour/jewelry is fricking expensive. Also clerics are never going to give a shit about procs on a weapon, a cleric mace is simply a shiny looking spell-craft gem holding device.)

I

ilienwyn

Tbh i prefer a thousand times more a good jewelry than a weapon/shield. Yes weapon and shields can be shown and say oh i got a Sidi drop but jewelry is much more useful making a SC template.

W

wolfofslaughter

Originally posted by Pin
As far as I would be concerned, a drop is a drop is a drop. Anyone who goes has a right to lotto for anything that drops and can do with it what they please. Use it, vault it, sell it, use it for a week then sell it, whatever. I certainly wouldn't attempt to police where things end up, there's much better things to do with my time.

For a start, it's not like these are the only raids being run. And it's not like the drops have a timestamp ID on them to say when they dropped. As for Sidi items, probably only 30% of Sidi items in the system have come from Aligro/Falcor raids.

I say just forget about it all and let the market sort itself out, true Capitalism is a much better system than what's being attempted with these raids/lotteries.

Yep, exactly plus i think some people forgot it is ONLY a game. No one has the right to police what happens to drops after people win them. They won it they do as they wish with it.

Who made certain players of the game the sidi loot police?

It didnt say in any of the recent patches anything about certain people having the right to police drops but i could be wrong.

Has anyone came across anything like this in other games? I would not think so.

Fact is the whole sidi raid debate has got out of hand to say the least. What next will falcor or aligro or other raid leaders come bashing down your door to arrest you if you sell a sidi drop?

Do sidi drops have a stamp on them saying, made in france not for resale?

K

Keogh

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
Yep, exactly plus i think some people forgot it is ONLY a game. No one has the right to police what happens to drops after people win them. They won it they do as they wish with it.

Who made certain players of the game the sidi loot police?

It didnt say in any of the recent patches anything about certain people having the right to police drops but i could be wrong.

Has anyone came across anything like this in other games? I would not think so.

Fact is the whole sidi raid debate has got out of hand to say the least. What next will falcor or aligro or other raid leaders come bashing down your door to arrest you if you sell a sidi drop?

Do sidi drops have a stamp on them saying, made in france not for resale?

We got your point in your first sentence :D And I totally agree with it.

F

Falcor

errr tbh, this si about respec stones

so...u think stones should go to anyone sod wether they need them or not? dont be completely stupid.....u get lsit before raid, that way stones go to where needed, i aint talking about other drops im talking about stones DONT turn this into a drop debate
NO ONE can argue that anyone has the right to a stone over ppl who desperatly need one,

"Oh well nothing dropped for me ill grab me a free stone and sell it, sod the ppl who need to respec" that should not be happening

F

Falcor

Originally posted by Pin
As far as I would be concerned, a drop is a drop is a drop. Anyone who goes has a right to lotto for anything that drops and can do with it what they please. Use it, vault it, sell it, use it for a week then sell it, whatever. I certainly wouldn't attempt to police where things end up, there's much better things to do with my time.

For a start, it's not like these are the only raids being run. And it's not like the drops have a timestamp ID on them to say when they dropped. As for Sidi items, probably only 30% of Sidi items in the system have come from Aligro/Falcor raids.

I say just forget about it all and let the market sort itself out, true Capitalism is a much better system than what's being attempted with these raids/lotteries.

So sod the ppl who need a respec stone then?

waaaaaaaay more than 30% if u r honest,

pin u dont do open raids so u cant talk tbh, guild raids u just give drops to guild and let them sort it, so tbh right to lotto for anythign would be havoc on an open raid, now maybe next time pin go on what was said, i was talking about respec stones NOTHING MORE for a start, and also try and say things which are at least acheivable and are not fantasies....

A

**Aligro**

ok this is what will happen with stones.....

at the start i will take the names of those in need of a stone, on a first come first serve basis, which means that the people who put there names down first get the stone above those who put their names down latest.. if more stones drop than the number signed up for them then they will be lottoed off first which means if you lotto for them and win you cannot lotto for the rest of the lotto

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by **Aligro**
ok this is what will happen with stones.....

at the start i will take the names of those in need of a stone, on a first come first serve basis, which means that the people who put there names down first get the stone above those who put their names down latest.. if more stones drop than the number signed up for them then they will be lottoed off first which means if you lotto for them and win you cannot lotto for the rest of the lotto

I assume at the start is at the start of the raid - before you leave gwyntel, rather than at the start of hte lotto? :)

good plan that, encourages people to turn up early.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Falcor

After a full respec and a single line respec - noone should "need" a respec :)

And if they really need it - opening them up so people can sell them on BW and making sure there's enough around that it's no more than 1p per stone, say 2p for a full respec - it'd be a heck of a lot easier for people to fix their specs if they should do something silly.

that said, of all the systems for restricting stones the "say before raid, can't lotto if you do" one works best.

Aligro - if you do your first come first served and not everyone gets a stone that wants one - keep the list till the next week :) and anyone on there can choose to skip the queue as it were.

P

Pin

If you're determined to miss the point, what can I do?

How are you to say if the person you give it to needs a respec stone? Or any drop for that matter?

Okay, someone needs some cash, they forgo the item lottery for a respec stone. That's almost a guaranteed 2p in the bag for spending 4 hours semi-afk in Sidi. You'd either never know, nor be able to do anything (and nor should you imo).

So, what happened then? Well, someone who needed cash got 2p for attending the raid. Someone who needed a stone got a stone for 2p. Where's the problem?

The same with items. Okay, so a piece of class-specific armour drops for a certain class. How are you to say whether that Scout who took it is going to vault it, wear it, sell it on, etc? You don't know. So he sells it on, makes some cash for his time on the raid. And someone else who DOES WANT/NEED IT gets their piece of armour.

IMO, there is much more chance of someone who buys the item actually using the bloody thing than someone who just turns up on the raid and gets a certain item just because that's the one that dropped (if he wanted the vest, but only the boots dropped he'll take the boots, etc).

waaaaaaaay more than 30% if u r honest,

Well, there's at least 2 large guild/alliance raids each week aswell as the general one. The general one brings in around 40 drops (and now around 15 stones on top), where the ones half that size bring in ~25 each.

Then there's the small focus groups who are in there clearing the first floor or so for 4-8 drops a time (more if they spend longer in there).

But what does it really matter? There's hardly something to argue about.

pin u dont do open raids so u cant talk tbh, guild raids u just give drops to guild and let them sort it

Sure, the guilds who come get drops, and the drops then go to people who need them, or if no one needs them in that guild, they get sold on. what concern is it of the raid leader?

But if I was to run an open raid I would do the same policy. Have everyone step up, do /random 1000 once, run a parser on the log and let people choose the items they want in order of who rolled highest.

That way people can take what they actually want from the selection that dropped. Sure, people may just choose the items they can make the most profit on rather than anything that they actually want, but it's certainly no worse off than any other method, tbh.

now maybe next time pin go on what was said, i was talking about respec stones NOTHING MORE for a start, and also try and say things which are at least acheivable and are not fantasies....

The only things I'll say to you now are:

1) Yes you only talked about respec stones in this thread at that particular time, but are you saying you are not trying to police where loads of other items go? Like almost every time one shows up for auction on BW? Drops will be used, vaulted, sold many times over, and you shouldn't have any say in the matter. Once a person wins it it is theirs to do with as they please. Just like when you buy/win all your loot, we don't start bitching at you for having 20 vaults loaded with items you never use. If you want to collect every sword in the game, or whatever, that's up to you.

2) You are wasting a massive amount of your own time trying to police the most trivial of matters. Let people get on with it how they want. Just put the bloody raids behind you when they finish and stop fretting, you'll have much more fun.

Just read these very wise words a few times...

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
Yep, exactly plus i think some people forgot it is ONLY a game.

PS. I'm not trying to twist anything you say against you. I'm not trying to make an argument over any minor point. I'm trying to do you a favour and help you lighten up some.

F

Falcor

Only times i try and "police" items are when some1 has come to me and told me one has gone missing or something, or if one goes off a raid then appears on bw etc, i am no way trying to control every drop, i veiw respec stones differently that other drops, in that they are there for pl who need to respec to help them selves, and can easily be controlled and make sure they go to the needy

O

old.Ramas

Okay, someone needs some cash, they forgo the item lottery for a respec stone. That's almost a guaranteed 2p in the bag for spending 4 hours semi-afk in Sidi. You'd either never know, nor be able to do anything (and nor should you imo).

So, what happened then? Well, someone who needed cash got 2p for attending the raid. Someone who needed a stone got a stone for 2p. Where's the problem?

Exactly, the fact that people could earn money for SC armour in sidi or win respecs by farming gold, would in fact, be a good thing.

One might even suggest its the whole fricking point of the trade window.

This why, in an ideal raid situation, excess respec stones would be lottoed off amougnst those who did not win a drop.

L

Lizia

I will be there, will lotto for respec stone :) Becouse I want to try the earth spec.

Lizia

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Exactly, the fact that people could earn money for SC armour in sidi or win respecs by farming gold, would in fact, be a good thing.

This why, in an ideal raid situation, excess respec stones would be lottoed off amougnst those who did not win a drop.

I agree, either way these people fought for the drops whatever they are. As for stones there are plenty around and if someone can't find they can always arrange a dragon/sidi/summoner raid.

T

thorwyntf

I will be there, will lotto for respec stone Becouse I want to try the earth spec.

tbh, this is the perfect example why the "Need-before-greed" rule is BS when talking about respec stones. People, who´re selling stones are basically considered antisocial criminals who´re trying to rip off the "needy" who´re trying to ungimp their chars.

I want to try a new spec and if I don´t like it, I might re-respec = needy

I need money for my SC armour and lotto for a stone to sell it to somebody who needs it = criminal

O

old.CrazyMuppet

This mindless mudslinging is taking away my motivation to join Sidi raids...

I'll skip tomorrow... i like Falcor's raids better anyways.

And stop flaming his ass, he does a good job... anyone with smartass comments should organise a similar raid of their own and try keep a zerg in line. Then, and only then, you obtain the right to criticise people like Falcor.

T

thorwyntf

anyone with smartass comments should organise a similar raid of their own and try keep a zerg in line. Then, and only then, you obtain the right to criticise people like Falcor.

yeah.. and only people who´ve been prime minister or president before have the right to criticize the gouvernment and express their opinions. And it´s required that you´ve written a book before you´re allowed to say that Harry Potter sucks. And if you want to say that Justin Timberlake´s is making crappy music, you need to be a musician and have released a CD before.

Unlike some people like Skile, most of the critics here are there to give input and support the raidleader (whoever it is).

The right to express your point of view and the ability to think is not a high level realm ability.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Unlike some people like Skile, most of the critics here are there to give input and support the raidleader (whoever it is).

The right to express your point of view and the ability to think is not a high level realm ability.

Fagane, Skile and Aligro are just trying to screw over Falcor, that is all. No other motive than that.
And people complained about the rr5 rule for one weapon drop, Falcor was going to revise the rules he said, after the raid that was already set. Still people bitched...
So basically, your a set of ungratefull twats, who don't do anything similar for Albion, yet insist on slagging of someone that does so succesfully.
Not sure what gave you that... that is more what he was saying.
Regards, Glottis

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Lizia
I will be there, will lotto for respec stone :) Becouse I want to try the earth spec.

Lizia

Full earth sucks.

Earth/Ice is not bad
Earth/Air is not bad.

Here, I Saved you a Respec-stone :p

T

thorwyntf

Fagane, Skile and Aligro are just trying to screw over Falcor, that is all. No other motive than that.
And people complained about the rr5 rule for one weapon drop, Falcor was going to revise the rules he said, after the raid that was already set. Still people bitched...
So basically, your a set of ungratefull twats, who don't do anything similar for Albion, yet insist on slagging of someone that does so succesfully.
Not sure what gave you that... that is more what he was saying.

I agree about the Skile etc. thing, but as you might have noticed, a good portion of the postings here are indeed constructive, so the general "lead a raid before you´re complaining" just doesn´t make sense.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Pin
(loads of stuff)

Bloody hell Pin, you should win something for "most sense ever talked in one of these stupid Falcor/Aligro threads".

W

wolfofslaughter

Originally posted by old.Ramas

yep :)

K

Keogh

Was a good fun raid. Never been on one before and at 4+ hours to Apoc then a long wait for the lotto I doubt I'll do many more.

But hats off to Aligro, the raid was reasonably smooth with a few bugs that didn't really spoil it.

Apoc is one tough bastard.

S

skile

Na, I _DID_ start my critisism BEFORE I got banned, and I planned to keep on going, and then I got banned, for NOT BREAKING ANY RULES ALL!. And that sure "put more wood on the fire". I don't like _PEOPLE_ being banned for not breaking rules.

Bad rules and bad leadership, hence my critisism. If I would feel bad about something, It would be that I did not spend even more time arguing for JUSTICE.

I did critisise Aligro a lot as well. When he started to claim weapons a while ago. But now Aligro has much better rules than falcor, hence i support Aligro. Aligro have had conflicts with friends in my guild, so it's not favouritism. Just fairness.

O

old.Zeikerd

We had 77 people at Apoc, we put up a good fight against him, but we knew from the start we would fail. You need atleast 85 people on Apoc, and kill the Harbringers first when they spawn.

Users who are viewing this thread