Sidi Raid- Saturday 6th September :)

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
But no Apoc...
Regards, Glottis

Why, would any other one kill Apoc with these numbers this patch?

S

ScarletPinp

Originally posted by Gordonax
Bloody hell Pin, you should win something for "most sense ever talked in one of these stupid Falcor/Aligro threads".

couldnt agree more... and skile u should read the last quote in Pins thread....

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
We had 77 people at Apoc, we put up a good fight against him, but we knew from the start we would fail. You need atleast 85 people on Apoc, and kill the Harbringers first when they spawn.
You need at least 85 people if:

1. You have randomly thrown together groups of whoever happens to be there.
2. You have a significant number of characters below 50 who are just there to leech exp.
3. You just charge into the encounter in a disorganised and undisciplined manner.
4. You have ~40% who are semi-afk and/or just not bothering to put in any sort of effort.

With properly organised groups of competent and fully attentive level 50's I don't see any reason why you couldn't kill Apoc with 6-7 fg... maybe even less.

K

Keogh

Originally posted by alithiel50
With properly organised groups of competent and fully attentive level 50's I don't see any reason why you couldn't kill Apoc with 6-7 fg... maybe even less.

I really look forward to reading your report when you try that.

O

old.Zeikerd

Originally posted by alithiel50

Unlike the dragon, Apoc doesn't scale with number of attackers. He is the highest level bastard in the game and with anything below 80 attackers you can't even hit him.

A

alithiel50

We had 77 people at Apoc

with anything below 80 attackers you can't even hit him.
From the reports I've heard of saturdays raid, he had 5-10% of his health taken before everyone was wiped... how did this happen if there were only 77 people there and you can't even hit him with less than 80 people? :p

When you take into account the number of people on these raids who are afk or just not joining in with the combat, you probably only have 50-60 people anyway... :rolleyes:

A

**Aligro**

you can hit him, but the flameballs kill you before you have enough time to do any significant damage to him

P

Pin

Originally posted by **Aligro**
you can hit him, but the flameballs kill you before you have enough time to do any significant damage to him

Actually, no.

If you have random groups of non-50s, wearing shit gear, with not enough clerics, and not enough power (mcl, RP, power pots, etc), then no, you can't heal the damage.

If it's a proper raid, yes you can. Just hold aggro of apoc on 1 group, all healing 1 main tank, and it's a piece of cake.

Random zergs don't do this, of course :p

O

old.Zeikerd

How can you heal 1200+ damage to mages? When you kill Apoc with 75 people, we'll talk again.

P

Pin

How can you heal 1200+ damage to mages? When you kill Apoc with 75 people, we'll talk again.

the fireballs don't hit anywhere near 1200 (more like ~600). and certainly not on someone with capped heat resist, and resist buffs/pally resist chants.

And well, we'll see what we can do ;)

F

Flimgoblin

I imagine it's possible with less than 85 - but with a tired raid in random groups (it's not down to the sub-50s, just the random set up groups... if you have perfect groups ala the small dragon raids you'll probably do much better)

That said I doubt it's possible with much less than 60 unless you have a lot of petspam and power...

Also the moment one person dies you're in a world of pain with the harbingers :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Also the moment one person dies you're in a world of pain with the harbingers :)

they spawn at around the 4th death, so there is some breathing space ;)

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
it's not down to the sub-50s, just the random set up groups...
Partly, but your sub-50s are less likely to have high resists, so will take more damage from the rain of fire, so drain more cleric power - and so likely lead to more deaths at an earlier stage.

I know what sort of heat resist Ive had on alts wearing the typical mixture of dropped armour, and its not pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread