Sidi Raid- Saturday 6th September :)

P

Pin

Did you actually read what you wrote?

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Is it a match who can clear Sidi fastest or something?

I am always bored in Sidi after 10 minutes, no Falcor or Pin who can change the fact that bashing the same kind of mobs over and over again is boring :)

Was nice in the beginning that Aligro wielded the weapons because it was all new and stuff.

Nowadays Sidi-raid is routine and people wanna clear it as fast as possible. Dunno why, they prolly think it's boring. If its boring then why go at all ?

O

old.Ramas

On the subject of bellum, I've come to believe the reason people keep dying on him is this 'ignore the adds' nonsense.

Pin's raid a while back came to the conclusion we might as well try assisting on the adds since the direct zerg was unlikey due to numbers (~70 people).

Bellum went down quicker than a solo Thane, and the raid then proceeded to get apoc down to 35% before we got wiped.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
Did you actually read what you wrote?

Yeah I did. Did you read the passage where I said it matters fuck if a raid lasts 3 hours or 5 hours because your average human being thinks it's boring after 10 minutes.

Meaning if you think Sidi is boring (after 10 minutes) then it matters absolutely nothing how long the raid is gonna last, just dont go at all.

Not to mention the fact I think its plain silly judging someone by the amount of time it takes him to clear out Sidi on his raid.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
The raid on Sunday had no problems bringing him down though ;)

gifv tictacs ;)

Edit: nm someone said you just killed the adds :)

Someone had said previously that killing the adds didn't work - guess they were wrong ;)

*fast* sidi raids are dull anyway - it's just a case of zerging your way through the dungeon as fast as possible...

gifv fights where you have to press buttons etc.

P

Pin

Yeah I did. Did you read the passage where I said it matters fuck if a raid lasts 3 hours or 5 hours because your average human being thinks it's boring after 10 minutes.

Meaning if you think Sidi is boring (after 10 minutes) then it matters absolutely nothing how long the raid is gonna last, just dont go at all.

Not to mention the fact I think its plain silly judging someone by the amount of time it takes him to clear out Sidi on his raid.

okay then. I disagree completely.

I (and many, many others) want to go to Sidi for the loot. If one raid can clear the place with the same number of people in 2 hours less than another raid, and then have 2 hours more of their Saturday/Sunday available to do other things, then how could this be described as bad?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
*fast* sidi raids are dull anyway - it's just a case of zerging your way through the dungeon as fast as possible...

gifv fights where you have to press buttons etc.

it doesn't have to be a plain zerg with as many people as possible to do it fast ;)

and I wouldn't really describe it as 'dull'... maybe just repetetive, as after going to Sidi 30+ times over 6 months in raids varying from 1 group to 160 people, it doesn't really matter how you do it, it's still the same mobs, in the same spawns, to be killed in roughly the same order.

You're still pressing the same buttons, but maybe a few thousand times fewer.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
okay then. I disagree completely.

I (and many, many others) want to go to Sidi for the loot. If one raid can clear the place with the same number of people in 2 hours less than another raid, and then have 2 hours more of their Saturday/Sunday available to do other things, then how could this be described as bad?

It is not described as bad.

But you turn the tables around now. You describe longer raids as bad. If you wanna hunt for loot I suppose the shortest raid-time is the best for you. But I suppose there are also people about who like to RP or whatever and kill Sidi just ' because it is Sidi'.

Keep in mind it is not all about you and the rest who go for loot. There are people who like to go to Sidi 'because it is Sidi'. And to be honest I rather liked Aligro showing the drops, it doesnt take THAT much more time. It takes a hell of a lot more time to get the drop to the raid-leader then the raid-leader showing it off for 5-10 seconds. 5-10 sec x 40 drops (for instance) = 4-8 minutes more time.

Anyhow, in the end I couldnt care less who and when someone organizes the raid. And I rather join in on a longer, more tedious raid, then a raid leaded by someone who's bitching like there's no tomorrow and some drops can only go to people who have spend enough time in RvR.

P

Pin

It is not described as bad.

But you turn the tables around now. You describe longer raids as bad. If you wanna hunt for loot I suppose the shortest raid-time is the best for you. But I suppose there are also people about who like to RP or whatever and kill Sidi just ' because it is Sidi'.

And to those people... What does the time taken matter? Or are you saying that it's not RP unless you spend all day in there?

And I rather join in on a longer, more tedious raid, then a raid leaded by someone who's bitching like there's no tomorrow and some drops can only go to people who have spend enough time in RvR.

Ahhh, good job mine are neither long, tedious, nor bitchy then. We all win :)

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
And to those people... What does the time taken matter? Or are you saying that it's not RP unless you spend all day in there?

Its no RP when you got a leader bitching you that you shouldnt cross some imaginery line between the 6th and the 7th door or something :p

And wielding a dropped weapon as a trophy is abit of RP too right?

Ahhh, good job mine are neither long, tedious, nor bitchy then. We all win :)

Give:

a) Portal from either CS or Gwothathe to Sidi.
b) Make it that a raid takes around 10 minutes.
c) Doesn't require idle waiting for around 40 minutes before we start.
d) Drops stuff I can actually use :p

and you got a good chance I go everytime :)

J

Jiggs

can i bring my level 47 infilitrator and lotto for my level 50 cleric?1?! !"?!£?!"$£>!"$> !"$

P

Pin

Give:

a) Portal from either CS or Gwothathe to Sidi.
b) Make it that a raid takes around 10 minutes.
c) Doesn't require idle waiting for around 40 minutes before we start.
d) Drops stuff I can actually use :p

and you got a good chance I go everytime :)

Give macro so I can stay in bed and wake up with inventory filled with uber loot!

F

Falcor

i recommend u make a list of ppl who want respec stones BEFORE raid, or else everyone after raid (if nothing drops for there class) will roll for em and they wont go to ppl who need, and will end up on bw and i wont know if they r yours or mine.....so i wont be able to make sure they go to needy etc

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
Give macro so I can stay in bed and wake up with inventory filled with uber loot!

I dont want uber loot. I want glooooooooooooooooooooowy stuff :)

Serious now: To my knowledge all classes can cap everything with player-crafted stuff. It might require (some) MP armourpiece(s) but the only reason you want Sidi-stuff is

a) Looks
b) Slightly different speed
c) Special proc which cannot be made all the time with Alchemy.

All those things are, to be honest, irrelevant to me and I think irrelevant how I will play in RvR (or PvE). It's more about playing well, picking good targets, lag, good group setup, good RA's and last but not least: Luck.

That is for me enough reason to not potentially 'spoil' my day and run around in Sidi for X hours. That's MY opinion personally.

You want a macro to get uber stuff? Macro your crafting and you will end up sooner or later with MP :p

I

ilienwyn

give /level 50 with full Sidi set Apoc neckie and everything rdy to go pwn ;)

B

burglash

imo falcors rules are nice.. i like them.. gg falcor

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
it doesn't have to be a plain zerg with as many people as possible to do it fast ;)

and I wouldn't really describe it as 'dull'... maybe just repetetive, as after going to Sidi 30+ times over 6 months in raids varying from 1 group to 160 people, it doesn't really matter how you do it, it's still the same mobs, in the same spawns, to be killed in roughly the same order.

You're still pressing the same buttons, but maybe a few thousand times fewer.

not really - if you have more than 40 people you don't actually have to think on the non-named, just hit assist, stick - who needs to style? ;)

with 60+ none of the named pose any difficulty till the host, by which time most of the raid is asleep from having to do very little beforehand.

That said, a 40 minute fight versus Dorinakka gets a bit tedious ;) 10m battles can be good though.

It all depends what you're going to sidi for - as you said above you go to Sidi purely for the drops... I go there for a challenging raid with more than 4fg (drops are nice too though ;))

O

old.Ramas

-Lotto for respec stones will be first, if u roll for a stone u cannot roll for other drops, this is so all stones get used and not sold on.

What happens in the case of excess respec stones?

F

Falcor

- imagining just how many stones he will see on barrywhine trade forum after raid with out any pre raid list of stone wanters

F

Fagane

Originally posted by Falcor
- imagining <bla> <bla> <whine> <whine>

Falcor why do you try to destroy a raid? While its common knowledge you nicked several dyes and tinctures? Also your ego tripping is very disturbing on your raids, and most people are fed up with your bitching.

Stop behaving like a teenager who got her first menstruation cycle. Ooh sorry this is actualy happening to you, never mind then.

Fagane

F

Falcor

lol tbh i dont think im destroying it, think im trying to prevent a hell of a lot of hassle, if u let ppl opnely lotto for stones after raid then everyone who has nothing else they wanna lotto for will roll for thme, (ie if nothing drops for ure class) then there will be a massive stone lotto, the ppl who need wont get and the stones will end up being sold...

as for the nicking comments fagane.....simply LOL , go reroll mid and do us all a favour...

B

bob007

Maybe i missed something in these 4 ? 12? 50?? pages of repeating old crap but....

i recommend u make a list of ppl who want respec stones BEFORE raid, or else everyone after raid (if nothing drops for there class) will roll for em and they wont go to ppl who need, and will end up on bw and i wont know if they r yours or mine.....so i wont be able to make sure they go to needy etc

-Lotto for respec stones will be first, if u roll for a stone u cannot roll for other drops, this is so all stones get used and not sold on.
:confused:

go reroll mid and do us all a favour...

take falcor and aligro with you Please (imo :p)

P

Pin

Originally posted by bob007
Maybe i missed something in these 4 ? 12? 50?? pages of repeating old crap but....

the (small) point was that there is a difference between just doing the stone lottery first and making a note of who wants to lotto for a stone before the raid takes place.

B

bob007

Originally posted by Pin
the (small) point was that there is a difference between just doing the stone lottery first and making a note of who wants to lotto for a stone before the raid takes place.

In short, I did miss something :)

But whats to stop someone going to falcors raid and getting a stone, then going to Aligros raid and getting a stone ?
Does falcor have a list to share ?

Why am i asking you, your not either ? :p

Whens your next raid Pin ? :)

F

Falcor

lol stop trying to twist anything, all im trying to do is make sure ppl arnt dissapointed, u need to make sure all ppl tell ya before raid if they want respec stones, or ppl will roll after raid for them if nothing else drops they want..

B

bob007

lol stop trying to twist anything, all im trying to do is make sure ppl arnt dissapointed, u need to make sure all ppl tell ya before raid if they want respec stones, or ppl will roll after raid for them if nothing else drops they want..

trying to twist nothing, And the "anything" bit implys i've done it before, Show me where please ?

As for the rest, its a good point, when cleared up. Maybe keeping a list between you of ppl that have had stones, might help both of you in the long run. And to restore my yin/yang a quick 1 for Aligro.

Does this mean win or lose stone lotto ? Coz i can see times when say a minstrel want a sword thats dropped, but also wants to respec, He'd have to give up 1 or the other :)

PS i got 100g on 10 pages by raid time in a pool, Only a fea days left to swell my pockets :p
Edit: spelling :p

F

Flimgoblin

I think the idea is to make sure stones only go to people who "need" them - i.e. want them enough to forgo the lottery.

That only really works if you say you want stones before you go - so you can't just go "hrm nothing decent dropped, I'll go for stones" - falcor's point about the BW sales.

Myself I'd just lotto them like anything else and let people sort out their own respecs - there's been enough free respecs going around I don't see why stones should be treated different to any other item.

P

Pin

Originally posted by bob007
PS i got 100g on 10 pages by raid time in a pool, Only a fea days left to swell my pockets :p
Edit: spelling :p

If it doesn't make it, just go to your preferences and change the number of posts per page. I have mine maxed, so only on page 3 still ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Myself I'd just lotto them like anything else and let people sort out their own respecs - there's been enough free respecs going around I don't see why stones should be treated different to any other item.

As far as I would be concerned, a drop is a drop is a drop. Anyone who goes has a right to lotto for anything that drops and can do with it what they please. Use it, vault it, sell it, use it for a week then sell it, whatever. I certainly wouldn't attempt to police where things end up, there's much better things to do with my time.

For a start, it's not like these are the only raids being run. And it's not like the drops have a timestamp ID on them to say when they dropped. As for Sidi items, probably only 30% of Sidi items in the system have come from Aligro/Falcor raids.

I say just forget about it all and let the market sort itself out, true Capitalism is a much better system than what's being attempted with these raids/lotteries.

O

old.Ramas

So, what happens to excess repec stones then?

Also....

Quite right too.

Users who are viewing this thread