Sidi raid Sat 16th Aug

A

**Aligro**

Re: Lol

Originally posted by Molten Lava

I've been on 2 non-alliance raids...and I will never go there again...people like Aligro and Falcor are just have a different vision on the game...let them....if they wanna kill Apoc with only RR5 people let them....use n00bs will gather 10 more people and kill him as easy as them....

i would never put that rule in my rules, i dont like the idea, i like pve most i guess, i dont like zerging, i low rr cuz i solo mostly, when i find other soloers i'm happy

M

Molten Lava

Re: Re: Lol

Originally posted by **Aligro**
i would never put that rule in my rules, i dont like the idea, i like pve most i guess, i dont like zerging, i low rr cuz i solo mostly, when i find other soloers i'm happy

The I apologize for this comment....I almost never go on Sidi-raids so I dont really know what Im talking about :) I just judge after reading these boards :)

F

Falcor

like i say it is upto ppl who go, and if ppl object then i will scrap rule......

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Falcor
like i say it is upto ppl who go, and if ppl object then i will scrap rule......

Now that the issue has been brought to everyone's attention I'm sure they'll voice their opinions on the day :)

Never know those 130 people might all think "fair show, give those emain lads the weapons, they do jolly good stuff for Albion"

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Just for the record, this might not be a poll - but....

People in this thread who believe preclaiming all Warlord weapons for the emain community is a good idea...

Krane
Glottis
Yurka
Xplo

People in this thread who believe preclaiming drops for RR5+ only players is a bad thing....

Venom
Me
Flimgoblin
Wark
Thorwyntf
Vorcyn
Kronus
Puppetmistress
Chuffy
Dawn
Samildanachh
Belsameth

Personally I may just attend the next raid to see what happens.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Never know those 130 people might all think "fair show, give those emain lads the weapons, they do jolly good stuff for Albion"

Albion's relics = 0

Jolly good stuff indeed! :D

O

old.Zeikerd

All that bitching about 1 drop. As far as I know Apoc only drops 1 Apoc specific item when he dies and 2-4 normal sidi items. So when only RR5 people are allowed to lotto for Apoc specific items, it's only for 1 item of the 20-30 items (not including respec stones) which drop on a raid.

I can view both views. If you play the game for a long time and are RR6 or higher and see one of those uber items disappear on a unknown character who you're never gonna see again in the game, while it is more rewarding if one of your fellow RvR dudes gets that item and he'll slaughter mids and hibs beside you week in week out.

On the other side.

If you are a real pve'er or just can't play the game every day as the leet dudes can because of you're addiction to RL, you dont feel inferior towards those gimp teenagers who play the game every day for hours and you dont want to be discriminated and want a equal chance to get your hands on such a uber drop.

For both views is something to say. Which one it becomes I dont care very much. If this new rule makes it so that the low RR people aren't comming anymore or get very angry, then dont do it. If they don't care much, then why not, if it makes the high RR guys more happy.

Personaly, when someone really wants to get a drop and keeps comming on raids and doesn't get an item raid after raid and then some n00b joins one raid and wins the item you're after for weeks, that hurts alot more than the RR issue. A system where people who are regulars on the raid get a bonus on their rolls would work the best here. Maybe high RR dudes can also get a small bonus on the Apoc only items as a compromise between both views outlined above.

I know such a system is hard to maintain for the raidleader is really a chore when 130 people attend a raid and it will slow down the lotto even more.

The best thing is to keep the system as we have now, some people complain, but the majority is happy and it's quite efficient.

P

[PS]Venom

Personally I would like to see the prydwen esque system of getting bonuses to raids for the more you attend without a drop implemented because I have won 0 sidi drops an I have been on a LOT of raids. I eventually stopped bothering to go because of this. I have 1 sidi drop now that I have traded for. It makes me slightly sick to think of those people that have 5/6+ drops.

The point here is not so much that it's one apoc weapon, but the principle of not having an equal chance at the drop. The Apoc stuff is some of the best in the game, why should only RR5+ have a chance at getting them? I myself enjoy PvE with the occasional RvR - should I be penalised because I enjoy PvE as well? Should I be excluded the Apocalypse sword because of this? I don't think so. Personally I feel it is very unfair, and I have as much right to the "uber" drops as anyone else.

F

Falcor

do u realise how hard that would be with 200 ppl? how many times do i need to say it =/

B

Belsameth

*fluffles Falcor*

it would be a tremendous beast of a job indeed, and I'd fully understand if you never implement it. it would however solve a lot of lotto unfairness, and rule out the need for silly rr5+ rules, when the core of the problem seems to be that some people who only go once need a mule for the drops they won (yes, I know. 1 drop per per person, per raid. I'm trying to be dramatic!) while others went to virtually all of your raids and all they walked off with was a piece of jade or similar

F

Flimgoblin

I preclaim the jade on my sidi raids, but noone ever hands it over :(

Realm rank won't sort it - if you have a RR9 on your raids for 5 weeks and some snotty RR6 joins for one raid and wins then there'll be bitching ;)

in a slightly less contrived example, I'm sure you have a few less than RR5 regulars on your raids - why should someone who's spent every other saturday in emain getting themselves to realm rank whatever and come along for a single raid have more right to an apocalypse drop?

e.g. take the gunner case and reverse the realm ranks - how is it any more fair? and it's not solved by any silly RR restriction.

If you want to make things easy to track - make it +50 if you win nothing for 5 raids ;) there's hopefully enough people on the raids to keep a track - that or write down who wins what and post it on BW each week, that way someone will go "Oi! you won The Skeletal Foe Frisker two weeks ago!!"

Hrm only difficult bit is keeping track of who's in sidi - screenshot the lotto? :)

(might want to exclude dyes and stuff from this, I dunno, be a bit annoying if you went on 6 raids and won one bit of dye ;))

F

Falcor

its too hard to implement, tell u what some1 start paying me £200 every saturday and ill do it :)

Would go towards the rsi i got from the stupid amount of fast typing i havto do in sidi raids, my fingers hurt for hours after :(

N

Naewae

The easiest way to distribute drops is to let the person who gets them keep them!

Let them auction them in-game or on BW - whatever.

People desperate for the item can borrow guild cash to bid or pay for it personally if they are rich.

Create a true economy.

PS. WTB realm-respec cos of seriously bad advice given to me months ago. :) :) :) Unfortunately I only got about 300g atm :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Naewae
The easiest way to distribute drops is to let the person who gets them keep them!

8-wizzie group incoming!

O

old.Ramas

do u realise how hard that would be with 200 ppl? how many times do i need to say it =/

hmm, it's certainly not impossible though...

End of lotto.
Chatlog on.
All those who have no drop say 'Aye'.
Close chatlog.
Check chatlog against list of winners to be certain.
Post list of no drop people in BW thread for next week.

Next week....
People listed on the BW thread enter lotto with /random 120 (for example)
If a winner is someone doing a random >100, check against a pre-printed copy of the BW thread.

Admittedly it gets harder if you want steadily increasing bonuses for several weeks of not winning in the lotto. But a simple, no-win-gives-bonus-next-week-only system isn't *too* hard to implement. And I'm sure you could get a volunteer to help out with it.

Up to you though - I'm happy with anything where rr does not influence drop chance,

T

thorwyntf

well.. to be honest, I imagine it´s more like:

End of lotto.
Chatlog on.
All those who have no drop say 'Aye'.

100 people saying "Aye"
10 of which holding a drop in their hands.
10 pm´s to the people with drops in their hands, explaining why saying "Aye" was wrong

25 pm´s incoming asking why everybody is saying "Aye"
25 replies
10 pm´s incoming saying that person X can´t attend next weeks raid and if it´s possible to transfer the points to the raid after that.
10 replies
3 pm´s incoming asking what "BW forums" is and asking for the URL
3 replies

Close chatlog.

5 pm´s incoming saying that the person was afk the crucial moment
5 replies
15 pm´s incoming saying that they´re pm´ing on behalf of a guildie who had to log after 3rd keylord because his grandma died and they´re saying "Aye" on behalf of this guildie

15 replies

15 pm´s that it isn´t fair not to allow "Ayes" for people who have to log early because their grandma died

15 replies

2 pm´s incoming asking why rr´s don´t have a bearing on the ammount of "Aye" bonuspoints

2 replies

2 pm´s incoming with uncontrolled flames

etc
etc
etc
:)

Well.. I think it´s *very* hard to keep track of a raid of a size like this. It requires lots of helping hands and a good database.
I´m not saying it´s impossible, but hard.

P.S. Falcor, read your pm´s pls

O

old.Ramas

Fair point, the real key though is that at least you wouldn't have to do it online. And you really don't need to reply to those pms.

F

Falcor

Its unrealistic, one i aint prepared to do it, i have enough hassle as it is i get that pms atm anyway

I dont think u can expect me to do it? in all honesty
i dont think its fair on me....

Things r never that simple...

V

Vireb

how about earning a right to roll for uber sidi drops by attending sidi raids xxx amount of times (say 5 or something) that way people rolling will be reduced and chance of people who regularly attend getting the drop they want increased . ok hard to implement but i mean reward the regulars , and let the rest fight it out for other drops in normal style. i mean i think its wrong to penalise someone because there not uber leet rp farmer but would liek the sapoc weap and attend every raid to get it.

F

Flimgoblin

you have the list of people that have drops

/who sidi

it appears in yer chat log ;)

subtract one from the other - if people don't wait till the end they don't get their bonus, if they don't un /anon when asked they don't get their bonus.

Sorted :)

Make the bonus from one week till the next, miss the raid you miss yer bonus. They don't add.

O

old.Ramas

Its unrealistic, one i aint prepared to do it, i have enough hassle as it is i get that pms atm anyway

fair enough - it's not really a big deal either imo.

how about earning a right to roll for uber sidi drops by attending sidi raids xxx amount of times (say 5 or something)

This has all the same difficulties of gradually increasing bonuses, plus one more, how to define 'uber' sidi drops.

you have the list of people that have drops

/who sidi

it appears in yer chat log

I guess what makes this slightly awkward is that there are over 50 people on the list of people to remove.

If someone has a chatlog parser that can do this quickly though....

P

PainLady

What the feck u want to use an apoc weapon for as an rr2?

Someday he will be RR5 and he will use that wep.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
fair enough - it's not really a big deal either imo.

This has all the same difficulties of gradually increasing bonuses, plus one more, how to define 'uber' sidi drops.

I guess what makes this slightly awkward is that there are over 50 people on the list of people to remove.

If someone has a chatlog parser that can do this quickly though....

hmm thinking about it if there's over 25 you won't get them all on /who

getting everyone in the apoc room to line up so you can see their names (or forfeit any bonuses) would work :)

F

froler-mid

however, i would much prefer an armsman over an infil for example,

i rooooooooooooooxx in pve FYI!11

infils do ;dddd

O

old.Ramas

Grats on an efficient raid, at least until the bug hit. (I assume the bug didn't get fixed after I had to log?)

Users who are viewing this thread