Sidi raid Sat 16th Aug

O

old.Ramas

So...

RR5 player:

16.5dps x 5.8spd = 95.7
16.5dps x 6.0spd = 99
Improvement = 3.3

Therefore a 3.4% improvement to the zero second swing.

RR2 player:

16.2dps x 5.8spd = 93.96
16.2dps x 6.0spd = 97.2
Improvement = 3.24

Obviously the same 3.4% improvement.

However, to be fair, comparison of % improvements isn't really what this sillyness is based upon. You are basing it on overall damage alb does to the enemy realm.

And this shows that the difference in absolute damage done to an enemy ON THE FIRST SWING ONLY is 1.8% higher if we give a warlord weapon to an RR5 instead of RR2.

We're gonna own in emain now. Because redistributing drops this way, the increase in damage done in emain on the first swing, by the tanks who win drops, will increase by an extra 1.8%.

Damn, no doubt we will have 6 relics and 24/7 DF access within days of this policy being implemented.

The more I look at this, the less rational it appears to be.

P

Pin

hmmm....

Something tells me I should do some more by-guild raids.

P

Pin

But hey. It could be worse. At least we don't have Ruathian setting 'rules'.

C

Chuffy

Low RR people are gay roleplayers. Get out my realm.

Im not elitist.

X

xplo

I totally agree on the rr5+ thing, i'm tired of seeing low rr players run off with apoc only weapons that hardly RvR once a day or even once a week.
To bad apoc doesn't drop any bows... some low rr scouts won the scout bows and I asked one of them, why are you using a crafted bow while you have the sidi bow? And he said "do I have to? its nice and safe in my vault." (this was a scout that got the highest number just above mine :( ).
You should implement the point system since that gives you credit for the ammount of raids one does...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by xplo
I totally agree on the rr5+ thing, i'm tired of seeing low rr players run off with apoc only weapons that hardly RvR once a day or even once a week.
To bad apoc doesn't drop any bows... some low rr scouts won the scout bows and I asked one of them, why are you using a crafted bow while you have the sidi bow? And he said "do I have to? its nice and safe in my vault." (this was a scout that got the highest number just above mine :( ).
Translation:

give me drops! not them! they smell!

You should implement the point system since that gives you credit for the ammount of raids one does...
this bit makes sense ;)

O

old.Ramas

Something else that needs to be covered in advance, is what happens when a warlord 'emain-only' weapon drops, but there are no RR5+ people who match the spec present?

Do you give it to RR5+ people who claim to be hybrid or 'pole spec but "needs" a 1h weapon too' or to inferior RR2 creatures who can actually use the item?

eg.

Warlord's Golden War Mace - Apocalypse Only Drop
16.5 dps, [?] spd, 100% qua, 35% bon
+5 crush, +15 con, +15 str, +15 qui

Whom does this go to?

RR5 realm hero primarily specced in Crush pole (but who claims to use 1h crush occaisionally)

RR4 serf who is an actual 1H crush tank.

And how do we define 'primarily specced in polearm'.

In a fair lotto it's one thing to say, 'they can both lotto, because I can't check who is using what where'; but in a "lotto" where you are effectively choosing which player gets the drop by application of an arbitary rule, it gives a different impression altogether.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by xplo

You dinged RR5 less then 6 weeks ago and way before that you wanted those drops (bane and a bow right ?) and you would never have said this.

It's all about odds: If I lower the numbers of participants in the lotto my chances to get the wanted items become bigger. Pure egocentric attitude imo.

You really believe people like Krane think it's a waste for the realm that a 16.5dps weapon is utilized for 1% less by a RR4 minstrel? Ofcourse not, he doesn't give a flying f**k about the realm, which is already prooven by his statements earlier in various threads (flaming fellow Albion-members for choosing a spec he don't like etc). He just wants to have a better chance for him and his high-RR friends to get 'teh ubah weapon!'.

Goes for the majority of the people saying 'Apoc weapon only for RR5'. It's all about having better odds for yourself/friends to get it. Hey, I can understand that, but don't try to pack it up in nice words and trying to justifiy it with 'A RR4 cannot utilize the weapon to its full potential'

B

bob007

I don't go, But i would like someone to make a movie of Apoc clash when all the sub rr5's sit down :)

D

dawn-

imo: sidi raids are being done by ppl varying from rr1 to rr10 and they all give a same part of their time to attend => they all should get same chances to all drops.

O

old.BJ|Bored

if char im lottoing for above rr5 :
ban every1 below rr5 from lotto!

if char is below rr5
allow every1 to lotto!

i luv alb :x

S

samildanachh

this rr5 thing is silly
ive got a rr6 inf and a rr4 reaver, yet i cant lotto for apoc flai cus my reaver aint rr5, WTF.
i mean surely i know how to rvr or whatever <sarcasmn off>
please skrap this idea of apoc for rr5 only.
just make me bring inf instead of reaver :(

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
if char im lottoing for above rr5 :
ban every1 below rr5 from lotto!

if char is below rr5
allow every1 to lotto!

i luv alb :x

If you had read the entire thread, it stated that only Apoc drops were being considered for this... Apoc.... as in, one out of the 10 epic mobs or something inside Sidi.
Regards, Glottis

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
If you had read the entire thread, it stated that only Apoc drops were being considered for this... Apoc.... as in, one out of the 10 epic mobs or something inside Sidi.
Regards, Glottis

It's about the principle.. If it's 1 or 5 mobs who are 'RR5+ only' doesn't change a single thing. It's about the principle. Those RR2 worked just as hard as that RR6 in downing Apoc.

Can you kill Apoc with only RR5+ toons? If not: Why cut out the people in the lotto-split you needed to even get the drops you lotto'ed for ?

It's just a sneaky way of increasing your own odds on a drop. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't try to wrap it up in a gift-wrap by saying 'You guys don't benefit from it as much as 'we' do' and other crap.

O

old.Ramas

Don't try to wrap it up in a gift-wrap by saying 'You guys don't benefit from it as much as 'we' do' and other crap.

But! But! Apoc weapons increase RR5 damage by 1.8% more on the first swing only than the increase for RR2 players.

Think of the children Puppet!

;)

O

old.Ramas

Just for the record, this might not be a poll - but....

People in this thread who believe preclaiming all Warlord weapons for the emain community is a good idea...

Krane
Glottis
Yurka
Xplo

People in this thread who believe preclaiming drops for RR5+ only players is a bad thing....

Venom
Me
Flimgoblin
Wark
Thorwyntf
Vorcyn
Kronus
Puppetmistress
Chuffy
Dawn
Samildanachh
Belsameth

Falcor,

Maybe the best approach here is to put this policy to a vote of those who turn up, exactly as for the sword you are asking for for yourself.

<Edited following the 2 replies immeaditely below this one.>

B

Belsameth

you forgot to add my name to the 'RR5+ sillyness is bad' list :)

T

thorwyntf

Nope, I´m not against preclaiming. I´m against rr5 only lotto. I generally don´t care about preclaiming drops by raidleaders.

O

old.Ramas

Perhaps I was unclear above - I personally view arbitary rules like rr5+ as a form of preclaiming.

I'll make my post clearer.

M

Molten Lava

Lol

Think the 12-yo people who farm emain all day for 365 days/year forget that there's also people playing this game for the fun of PvE...they might want a good sword too...sure with their RR3L2 they cant fully use the last 0.3 DPS on the sword, but its a game, Role Playing Game even....they pay the same amount as you per month, dont you think they can have good sword too to keep slicing those evel Mobs? This game isnt 24/day RvR.....

I've been on 2 non-alliance raids...and I will never go there again...people like Aligro and Falcor are just have a different vision on the game...let them....if they wanna kill Apoc with only RR5 people let them....use n00bs will gather 10 more people and kill him as easy as them....

M

Molten Lava

Oh question

Btw Falcor when did you ding RR5, 4 weeks ago?

Oh and btw...how does a poor RR4 like me ever become RR5 if he has to use the 'utter crap' with 16.2 dps? :)

P

Pin

Re: Oh question

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Btw Falcor when did you ding RR5, 4 weeks ago?

If he did, then that's some reasonable farming as he's ~6L6 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom