Sidi raid Sat 16th Aug

F

Falcor

1pm English time

(sticky please when other one is over ofc)

Raid rules:
-Anon off please.
-Im increasingly fed up with ppl messing about in sidi raids, so a new punishment system, if u do something wrong u get -10 in lotto this means that if some1 does something wrong they can only do /random 90, keep doing things wrong and the number gets lower. This will apply some discipline, but not harm people who make an honest mistake or suffer a lag pull.
-Going afk for long periods of time will be penalised
-Patience is needed. Certain parts of the raid are simple zergs. Others require a little more time and technique, the more patient and cooperative people are, the quicker these bits go.
-Drops should be given to me as soon as they are dropped. Sooner I have them, sooner raid progresses. I am SICK of ppl not handing in drops because they are afk or prancing about wielding or apssing round stats, with over 100 items in loot now, if each person takes 5mins to hand in each bit (which is has been often) that is a hell of a long time, and this is why ppl are slow, if ppl are slow giving in drops i will penalise them with -10 in lotto
-No drops will be claimed, however i reserve right to ask to keep warlord sword(1h) should one drop.
-I expect people to do as told precisely, simply to avoid unecessary dificulty and possible wipes.

Lotto rules:

-Lotto for respec stones will be first, if u roll for a stone u cannot roll for other drops, this is so all stones get used and not sold on.
-One item per person, need before greed, expect to see no one selling stuff straight after raid on trade forums....
-No lottoing for items if u already have one from lotto, exlcuding rings bracers and dual wield weapons.
-Where possible items will go to ppl who have most suitable spec.
-Min lvl for entering lotto is 50.
-Players may only bid on an item if their class and spec can use it. There is one exception to this rule, and that is Sidi Armour. Since the goal is to gather a full suit of this armour. Having said this, armour which is not part of the full Sidi suit depends on spec.
-If you desperately(MUST BE DESPERATE NEED, A LOT OF PPL NOW LEAVING CUZ THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO STAY FOR ONE ITEM, NOT AN EXCUSE) need to leave before the lotto, you may get someone else to represent you in the lotto. However, he will only be able to bid on drops which dropped before you left, and you must pm me when you leave saying who shall be bidding for you.
-U may only lotto for weapon dye IF u have a Sidi weapon
-Group friendly classes may bring their group friendly class and roll for a lvl50 alt. Current list of group friendly classes....
-Clerics(ABOVE ALL)
-Ice wizards
-Theurgists(pet spam important)
-Necromancers
-Paladins
From now im relaxing rules on alts they still must be 50, however, i would much prefer an armsman over an infil for example, so if u can bring a more useful class u can lotto for the alt(think most ppl know what classes r not much use)
If ppl wish to do this they MUST pm and tell me BEFORE we enter SIDI
-Apocalypse weapons, will now be realm rank lotto dependant, this is because of there effectiveness especially in rvr due to there speed, so now these will be lootoed by rr5+ ppl, this only applies to apoc weapons all others with be only limited to lvl 50(discuss - think its a fair compromise this is only one or non weapon a raid)

DO NOT BIND AT GWYNTELL LOTTO WILL BE AT GOTHWAITE HARBOUR

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Will bring an armsman, not sure if I will lotto for my scout or for the armsman, but I will be sure to tell you in advance :)
Nice work Falcor!
Regards, Glottis

X

xplo

Some Idea's from the prydwen raids:

* If you participate on a raid up till the lotto and don't win anything, you will be allowed to add +10 to your roll on the next raid (and so on until you actually win something); the modifiers will be noted down in an Excel DB by the raid leaders

* If you have to log early, or go LD, the raid leader might add a +5 modifier for your rolls on the next raid; note that this is up to the discretion of the raid leader

because i'm sick and tired to do a raid every week and win nothing and then see some random player who comes just once on a raid and wins the uber items...
With this system you get rewarded a higher chance to win if you do more raids and you wont lotto for other items unless you really need it because you want the extra roll points for next raid.

discuss...

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by xplo
Some Idea's from the prydwen raids:

* If you participate on a raid up till the lotto and don't win anything, you will be allowed to add +10 to your roll on the next raid (and so on until you actually win something); the modifiers will be noted down in an Excel DB by the raid leaders

because i'm sick and tired to do a raid every week and win nothing and then see some random player who comes just once on a raid and wins the uber items...
With this system you get rewarded a higher chance to win if you do more raids and you wont lotto for other items unless you really need it because you want the extra roll points for next raid.

discuss...

Agreed.

Not winning a thing in 8 consecutive raids was part of the reason I've stopped going on them.

The Sidi raids were really the only thing I logged in for - now I don't bother.

F

Falcor

gonna amke some changed to above rules cuz of tdays raid

A

_asq_shazzy

I will be there again for the next Sidi Raid. I totally understand what you man by you need to change the rules, there was far too many people not listening to what they were told today running off when asked to remain still etc etc. Good idea to have the lotto placed somewhere else, because of todays lotto was very long, and thus ending up with spawning of mobs while people were still sitting down. Only problem i see about the harbour lotto is way too many people that will be in that area wil be try to bid for the lotto even though they weren't there to take part and the problem of idiots running around spamming /random 100 to annoy us.

I'm going to start lottoing for my Wizard as he is gaining in level pretty quick and i hope to have him lvl 50 very soon :D

K

kenshee-himura

Would be nice what Xplo posted 4th sidi raid and nothing won (not even close to winning something)
Anywa up to you Falcor :D
I'll be there next week :D

O

old.Zeikerd

Originally posted by _asq_shazzy
Good idea to have the lotto placed somewhere else, because of todays lotto was very long, and thus ending up with spawning of mobs while people were still sitting down.

Those mobs didn't spawn, they were pulled from a room below us we didn't clear when we moved to Apocs room.

F

Falcor

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
Agreed.

Not winning a thing in 8 consecutive raids was part of the reason I've stopped going on them.

The Sidi raids were really the only thing I logged in for - now I don't bother.

imagine trying to do that with 150 ppl tho (plus the others who dont come every week)

O

old.Ramas

One thing the raid does need is someone to have a brilliant idea for speeding up the lotto.

Saturday it took > 2 hours.

The raid only took about 3 hours.

That was still less than 2 minutes per item however. So by normal standards it was quite reasonable, but hell, it was still 2 hours long.

So someone needs to come up with a brilliant idea.

I await the collective genius of excal/alb.....

X

xplo

Well this is the easyest way to keep the points listed:
Make a list of every class and add the names of who didn't win anything at the end of the raid, yes after the lotto, on the list. Since 50% will have logged then etc, but its gonna make the raid time longer and requiers more time of the raid leader. Its gonna be some type work at first with all the names, but after that you just got to add and remove points ;>

F

Falcor

im thinking of doing it by class, for some classes

so for reavers every reaver roll, highest picks what they want out of all reaver drops and so on, can do same with casters, clerics, friars,

armsman mercs infils scouts mincers cant be done that way cuz of dual calss weaponary

L

Lundarian

a few ideas

first of all I would like to thank Falcor for his work and patience he has put into these raids :D

but I have a few tips/ideas worth mentioning ;)

- turn off spelleffects to reduce lag and decrease the amount of LD's overall, as Caer Sidi is a very detailed dungeon and with ~150 ppl zerging it can be very laggy, especially at the entrance where we all rebuff :p

- grp leaders should do /auto o to turn in drops faster (or the grp leader could ask the grp to do /auto s so the leader always get the drops) for faster raid progress ofc ;)

just my 2 cents :)

V

Vorcyn

so for reavers every reaver roll, highest picks what they want out of all reaver drops and so on, can do same with casters, clerics, friars

I can see it now.

"Ok, cleric 1, you rolled highest, now what do you want"

"Er, can you repeat the drop list again"

...10 minutes later...

"I'll take *random uber sidi item*"

"Ok, cleric 2, what do you want"

etc

O

old.Ramas

I think if it's going to be done that way - you'll need someone else to collect drops during the raid and make macros with stats, because as Vorcyn suggests, most people are incapable of checking a website or remembering the names of more than 2 drops at a time.

O

old.Ramas

oh, and incindentally, if we intend to keep the rule that people who enter the respec stone lotto cannot enter the item lotto whether they win or lose the respec lotto, then that ought to go in the rules post.

We also need the rules for excess repsec stones decided.

F

Falcor

i gotta re edit the rules a LOT im working on it atm, will get it up by end of today, bit busy atm tho, as for extra respec stones i am determined they will ONLY go to ppl who need them, therefore i will after maybe another 2 raids put spare ones on bw and let ppl who have come on raids post why they deserve one etc

T

thorwyntf

im thinking of doing it by class, for some classes
so for reavers every reaver roll, highest picks what they want out of all reaver drops and so on, can do same with casters, clerics, friars,
armsman mercs infils scouts mincers cant be done that way cuz of dual calss weaponary

Note, however, that Sorc/Cabbie and Theurg/Wiz can have dual class equipent (staffs) too. :/

Another suggestion to speed up lotto would be to split it up into repsec stone lotto and item lotto (if you have a trustee who´s willing to help) and do the lotto´s simultaneously. Depending on the numbers of helping hands, you can split it up into as many different lotto´s as you want (i.e. stones/caster/tank whatever..)

O

old.Zeikerd

Most dual focus staff are really sorc or caba only, like spirit/body or mind/matter. If something thats really for both, you can auction it before the really specific class items. I would be willing to help with that kind of stuff.

O

old.Ramas

bit busy atm tho, as for extra respec stones i am determined they will ONLY go to ppl who need them, therefore i will after maybe another 2 raids put spare ones on bw and let ppl who have come on raids post why they deserve one etc

hmm, to be quite honest, given the fact that plenty of people who come on these raids do not get drops, I think we should give the excess stones out by lotto to those who did not get a drop but did attend and help get the drops.

If the people who came along then want to sell them or give them to their guild I see no problem at all with that. Espeicially if we are able to cover all those who attend the raid and do need a stone.

All respec stones eventually end up with someone who needs them. All this mechanism does is allow those who helped out in sidi be rewarded for it, and at the same time allows those who help out their realm by introducing more money into it by cash farming to get rewarded for that.

Why is it bad that by this mechanism people who like sidi raids can attend to sidi raids to earn enough cash for SCd armour, while those who like seal farming can earn their respec through that?

Trade is a good thing.

The way to lotto imho...

1) Give respec stones to all on the raid who want one badly enough to skip the item lotto for a stone.
2) Lotto items.
3) Lotto surplus stones amoung those who did not get an item.

F

Falcor

cuz i dont want to see thread on forums:

wts respec stone 4p every week =/

O

old.Ramas

Why not? That is why the trade interface has been implemented.

The trade makes the following people happy...

1) The person who gets to earn a respec by cash farming.
2) The player who came on the sidi raid.
3) The armour smith who makes the raider's armour.
4) The spellcrafter who uberifies it.
5) The alchemist who ablatifies it.

I have a hard time understanding why we believe central allocation of resources will not be as much of an astounding failure as it is in RL.

Also, if (as seems likely) we get to the point where up to 10 surplus stones per week are being distributed, the seller would be lucky to make 1 plat, I doubt you could sell a single line respec for 4 plat even today.

T

thorwyntf

You can´t counter selling repsec stones anyways these days. There supply rate of stones is just too high now that Sidi drops them too and it´s impossible to keep track of every stone. I assume that the market resp. The prices are going to collapse anyways and selling stones won´t be such a great deal anymore.
Plus: when somebody wants to sell a stone, he can just come to a Sidi raid, enter lotto for a stone because he "needs" one, then sell it here under a fake acc/nick.

O

old.Ramas

Plus: when somebody wants to sell a stone, he can just come to a Sidi raid, enter lotto for a stone because he "needs" one, then sell it here under a fake acc/nick.

Exactly. Trying to control the distribution just keeps the price artificially high and benefits those who are willing to lie.

F

Falcor

ah but if he gets as toen he cant roll fo rother items, and some1 greedy for money like that is going to have a stone and loose right of drops? dont think so :)

T

thorwyntf

Well, no but when nothing interesting drops that´s worth lottoing for, he can decide that he´ll at least make some money and all of a sudden he needs to respec. :)
Only way to avoid that is ask people before the raid if they´re in for stones or items. :/

O

old.Ramas

some1 greedy for money

What you mean is...

"someone honest and who wants SC+A armour"

...would get what they want instead of the current situation where...

"someone dishonest and willing to lie to get the stone they wish to sell at a price which is overinflated because people can't sell the damn things openly without getting flamed by 'less than brilliant' individuals on these boards"

...gets the stone.

If we get to the point were we aren't getting more stones than there are people willing to miss the item lotto for one, then perhaps we should look at this again. But the situation you had last week, where a significant number of stones will go to people not attending the sidi raid isn't really sustainable imho. Particularly when, for a great many classes, the odds of getting a drop from the item lotto are so small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom