Sidi raid Sat 16th Aug

F

Flimgoblin

have people say _before the raid_ if they're there purely for a stone.

If they don't really need a stone they'll either not be on the raid or they're going for drops.

Hand out the stones first, do the drop lotto, then lotto any remaining stones.

Actually sod the freebies - that just encourages people to lie before the raid. If people gimped themselves let them go farm cash and buy stones - if you put enough into the economy the price will be rock bottom anyway.

Just give them out at the lotto like any other item.

O

old.krane

I find it ridiculous that rr3-4 sometimes not even 50 ppl get UBER sidi weapons....

FGS...last time a rr2 TWO HANDED PALADIN got the 2h sword instead of some 2h armsman...i am not mentioning the name but i guess we all know who he is..

there is a rule called need before greed....well..maybe we should rethink that..

cause current rules can produce shit like mentioned above..

not to mention uber mincer slasher going to 300k rps mincer...gg..
Fyi u need at least rr5 to use the full dmg potential....not to mention the SC set instead of epic4tehwin...

/flame
/whine

lets do something..this nonsense has to stop..
If it doesnt we/i might start organizing alliance raids soonish..

T

thorwyntf

*yaaaaaaawn*

how many times did this discussion come up now? 10 times? 20? more?
Will you - some sunny day maybe - realise, that you need the rr2-4 people to make a successful raid? Do you seriously expect sub rr5 people to come along and waste 3 hours of their time just to help you rr5+ people farm your stuff so you can use the weapons with a whopping 0,005% more effectivity?
Strange... you´re not refusing a rez from a rr2 guy in Sidi. That´s what they´re good enough for eh?
I maybe see your lvl 50 only argument, but rr´s have nothing to do with drop distribution.

If you think that rr2-4 people don´t deserve a spot in the lotto, go gather rr5+ people and do a high rr raid.

And please please please with sugar on top: stop fooling yourself by repeating this "only high rr people can use those weapons to full effect for the glory of Albion" BS like a parrot. It´s just a lame excuse for "I want to have a better chance to get those weapons" and everybody knows it by now. A skilled rr4 can use the weapon much more effective than a clueless "I`m spending my life in Emain because that´s where the zerg is" muppet.

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by thorwyntf
A skilled rr4 can use the weapon much more effective than a clueless "I`m spending my life in Emain because that´s where the zerg is" muppet.

well said imo

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.krane
not to mention uber mincer slasher going to 300k rps mincer...gg..
Fyi u need at least rr5 to use the full dmg potential....not to mention the SC set instead of epic4tehwin...

Since when does your performance in RvR have anything to do with the fact you cannot get items for a PvE-event because you cannot benefit from the full 16.5 dps ?

That 2h paladin and that 300k minstrel did EXACTLY the same effort as you to show up on the raid, doing stuff they're supposed to do.

But no, because you bought an Emain/Odins ticket a few times more often then him he's not entitled to the weapon.

Y

yurka_polearm

Lotto ideas to quicken it up:

2 Lottos being done at same time, Falcor and 2nd in command take certain items each.

E.g.

All items (armour / weapons / jewlery ) of fighters go to Falcor.

These classes are :

Armsmen, Paladin, Reaver, Infiltraitor, Scout, Minstrel, Mercenary

All the other drops go to his 2nd incommand.

Classes being:

Cabby, Thuerg, Wizard, Cleric, Sorc, Necro, Friar.

Friar is in this group to keep Staffs together also Piety items.

-----

2 rings will be made of people sitting, one around Falcor one around 2nd in command.

Each lotto'er then calls out what the drop name is and the class which should use it. Anyone there for their class should know what items they're after, or can just print off the Sidi drop list.

This saves time typing out all the stats etc.

-----

If your playing a cleric or thuerg, and your wanting a tank drop for your 50 alt, then you would sit in the tank circle etc.

-----

Respec stones, can be lotto'd off at the end or have ppl PM falcor if they want a stone over a drop, and so losing the chance to lotto for a sidi item.

I dont think theres any way of preventing people selling them off tbh, they will become wide spread soon.

2cents

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by Falcor
btw new rules r up

I might have missed it - but I don't see any notes explaining what you plan to do with excess respec stones, where (like last week) there are less people willing to skip the item lotto than there are respec stones.

O

old.Ramas

-Im increasingly fed up with ppl messing about in sidi raids, so a new punishment system, if u do something wrong u get -10 in lotto this means that if some1 does something wrong they can only do /random 90, keep doing things wrong and the number gets lower. This will apply some discipline, but not harm people who make an honest mistake or suffer a lag pull.

Under these rules, any rational person playing a common class would choose to join the respec stone lotto if they got even a single warning.

If I had to /random 90 as a cleric I know full well my chances of winning a drop would be zero - too many clerics on a sidi raid for them to be any higher. Last week for instance, the lowest winning roll for a cleric item was 95. I remember because I rolled 94.

But if the raid follows last saturday's example where there are less people who want a stone then there are stones....

O

old.krane

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Since when does your performance in RvR have anything to do with the fact you cannot get items for a PvE-event because you cannot benefit from the full 16.5 dps ?

That 2h paladin and that 300k minstrel did EXACTLY the same effort as you to show up on the raid, doing stuff they're supposed to do.

But no, because you bought an Emain/Odins ticket a few times more often then him he's not entitled to the weapon.

fyi muppetmistresss..

1. i wasnt referring to myself on the mincer part since i wasnt even on raid..
2. 300k and 2-6 million rps is NOT Just a few more tickets..
3. yes he did the same effort...but the guy getting rr6+ made a bit more effort to get the high RR..and its a bit frustrating to c a 2h palading gimp (no personal offense meant..but they are the thanes of albion) running around with an uber sidi weapon...
4. maybe all u do is zerg in emain...not everyone does that..fyi

O

old.krane

*yaaaaaaawn*

how many times did this discussion come up now? 10 times? 20? more?
Will you - some sunny day maybe - realise, that you need the rr2-4 people to make a successful raid? Do you seriously expect sub rr5 people to come along and waste 3 hours of their time just to help you rr5+ people farm your stuff so you can use the weapons with a whopping 0,005% more effectivity?
Strange... you´re not refusing a rez from a rr2 guy in Sidi. That´s what they´re good enough for eh?
I maybe see your lvl 50 only argument, but rr´s have nothing to do with drop distribution.

If you think that rr2-4 people don´t deserve a spot in the lotto, go gather rr5+ people and do a high rr raid.

And please please please with sugar on top: stop fooling yourself by repeating this "only high rr people can use those weapons to full effect for the glory of Albion" BS like a parrot. It´s just a lame excuse for "I want to have a better chance to get those weapons" and everybody knows it by now. A skilled rr4 can use the weapon much more effective than a clueless "I`m spending my life in Emain because that´s where the zerg is" muppet.

without any personal reference or offense meant...

please.....

getting rr5 is 512k rps...
if u dont zerg like a sheep in emain all day and hit tanks with f8 first it takes like 2 weeks to get that amount of rp with a guild grp..

and yes IMO its a WASTE to give highly dmging weapons to ppl whom dont do active rvr...fyi for df farming epic+99% crafted is more than enuff...

maybe put some effort first, learn to play rvr and get rr5??

p.s.: i have been to 4 sidi raids so far...not a single drop...fyi..and yes...i am a rr7 *twat* who feels a bit frustrated to c rr2 ppl running around and xping with the sidi weapons...

O

old.krane

1pm English time

-Where possible items will go to ppl who have most suitable spec.

:clap: :clap:

finally....

O

old.Ramas

That line was always in there.

It doesn't mean what you think it means.

T

thorwyntf

getting rr5 is 512k rps...
if u dont zerg like a sheep in emain all day and hit tanks with f8 first it takes like 2 weeks to get that amount of rp with a guild grp..

and yes IMO its a WASTE to give highly dmging weapons to ppl whom dont do active rvr...fyi for df farming epic+99% crafted is more than enuff...

maybe put some effort first, learn to play rvr and get rr5??

Well.. if it´s just a matter of 2 weeks to get rr5, then what´s the problem with non-rr5 people having Sidi drops?

What you fail to see is, that the so called "effectivity" of an item isn´t determined by stats and the crucial "maximum damage" alone. First off, what do you mean when you´re talking about "WASTE"? Waste of what? Damage which could have been dealt to enemies of the realm?
In the end, it all boils down to the person getting a fraction of chance to get mode realmpoints. Note: realmpioints. Nothing else. A 99% crafted weapon being used at a relic raid or at a relic defence (the older players amongst us may remember this situation) is much more "effective" than a Sidi weapon being wielded against the overwhelming waves of RG zerging amg in Emain.
If you´re that much of a sharp brain when it comes to effectivity, are you also giving up xp spots to higher level chars because they´re gonna ding 50 earlier than you will and are more effective for the realm?
A guildless rr5 char (bought on Ebay) with a Sidi drop can´t do anything with it except farming realmpoints in random pickup groups in Emain. I can´t quite see the effectivity in relation to the rr there, can you?
Which directly leads to your quote that "it takes like 2 weeks to get that amount of rp with a guild grp..". Are you actually aware of the fact, that the majority of guilds on this Server are not able to field a full group every night? And no, I don´t mean the plethora of new guild, I mean old, established guilds like my one for example. Apparently, the effectivity of a weapon is also directly linked to the guild of it´s possessor. So.. should we raise the requirements for lotto to a. rr5+ and b. being in a rvr guild? The last requirement - following your logic - would be at least as important (effectivity, resp. avoid-waste-wise) as the first one.
Finally, you still haven´t answered my question how you´re supposed to run a successful Sidi Raid without rr2-4.
To sum it up: effectivity of a drop is a phantom. It´s definitely NOT determined by the rr alone. In fact, the rr, respectively the +damage it may have copmpared to a rr4, means nothing once you start looking at the facts honestly and without the rr5+ glasses.

F

Falcor

Re: Re: Sidi raid Sat 16th Aug

:clap: :clap:

finally....

krane :p that line has always been there :)

Originally posted by old.Ramas
I might have missed it - but I don't see any notes explaining what you plan to do with excess respec stones, where (like last week) there are less people willing to skip the item lotto than there are respec stones.

i havent decided quite yet

F

Falcor

-Apocalypse weapons, will now be realm rank lotto dependant, this is because of there effectiveness especially in rvr due to there speed, so now these will be lootoed by rr5+ ppl, this only applies to apoc weapons all others with be only limited to lvl 50(discuss - think its a fair compromise)

P

[PS]Venom

-Apocalypse weapons, will now be realm rank lotto dependant, this is because of there effectiveness especially in rvr due to there speed, so now these will be lootoed by rr5+ ppl, this only applies to apoc weapons all others with be only limited to lvl 50(discuss - think its a fair compromise)

I won't attend a rule with this in effect. You're bowing to the "I'm l33ter than you" brigade. Limiting to level50 - yes, fair enough. I understand this. The procs are level50, and the DPS drops a fair deal. Limiting weapons to RR5+ is just plain elitist. But then, that doesn't bother you, you're over RR5.

Before any bright spark points out I'm RR4 I'd have the same opinion if I was RR5+. The difference between RR4 and RR5 is sodding peanuts, shows how much you lot pay attention to stat whoring.

GL with your raids in future, I'll stick to cash farming to get my drops and respec stones.

O

old.Ramas

Personally, this does not affect me, as all dropped cleric weapons are shit. And I don't even bother rolling for them unless there are no other cleric drops, because it would annoy me to win one of what are the crappiest cleric drops in sidi, and thereby be barred from the rest of the lotto.

But for the record.

I think this is a bad idea.

O

old.krane

Well.. if it´s just a matter of 2 weeks to get rr5, then what´s the problem with non-rr5 people having Sidi drops?

What you fail to see is, that the so called "effectivity" of an item isn´t determined by stats and the crucial "maximum damage" alone. First off, what do you mean when you´re talking about "WASTE"? Waste of what? Damage which could have been dealt to enemies of the realm?
In the end, it all boils down to the person getting a fraction of chance to get mode realmpoints. Note: realmpioints. Nothing else. A 99% crafted weapon being used at a relic raid or at a relic defence (the older players amongst us may remember this situation) is much more "effective" than a Sidi weapon being wielded against the overwhelming waves of RG zerging amg in Emain.
If you´re that much of a sharp brain when it comes to effectivity, are you also giving up xp spots to higher level chars because they´re gonna ding 50 earlier than you will and are more effective for the realm?
A guildless rr5 char (bought on Ebay) with a Sidi drop can´t do anything with it except farming realmpoints in random pickup groups in Emain. I can´t quite see the effectivity in relation to the rr there, can you?
Which directly leads to your quote that "it takes like 2 weeks to get that amount of rp with a guild grp..". Are you actually aware of the fact, that the majority of guilds on this Server are not able to field a full group every night? And no, I don´t mean the plethora of new guild, I mean old, established guilds like my one for example. Apparently, the effectivity of a weapon is also directly linked to the guild of it´s possessor. So.. should we raise the requirements for lotto to a. rr5+ and b. being in a rvr guild? The last requirement - following your logic - would be at least as important (effectivity, resp. avoid-waste-wise) as the first one.
Finally, you still haven´t answered my question how you´re supposed to run a successful Sidi Raid without rr2-4.
To sum it up: effectivity of a drop is a phantom. It´s definitely NOT determined by the rr alone. In fact, the rr, respectively the +damage it may have copmpared to a rr4, means nothing once you start looking at the facts honestly and without the rr5+ glasses.

IMO there could be a very simple solution to this mess in general...
Make the raids guild only...with guild fgs...and make the lotto between guilds not individuals..
i think this would statisfy everyone...
Xcept the eb noobers of course...but who cares bout those sad fucks anyway...

ps.: fyi i am playing this game since open beta...so dont think i could be called a newb...
ps2.: about rps...if u want a decent weapon...get your lazy ass to an rvr zone ( NOT necessarely emain ) and farm rr5? instead of whining here about your sad rr2-3 and xpect an uber weapon...
support the realm crafters and get a weapon from them...mp will do just fine till rr5-6.

O

old.krane

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
I won't attend a rule with this in effect. You're bowing to the "I'm l33ter than you" brigade. Limiting to level50 - yes, fair enough. I understand this. The procs are level50, and the DPS drops a fair deal. Limiting weapons to RR5+ is just plain elitist. But then, that doesn't bother you, you're over RR5.

Before any bright spark points out I'm RR4 I'd have the same opinion if I was RR5+. The difference between RR4 and RR5 is sodding peanuts, shows how much you lot pay attention to stat whoring.

GL with your raids in future, I'll stick to cash farming to get my drops and respec stones.

hrm...not sure if i c the point here...u only log in for Sidi raids...but u play PS mainly and hardly play daoc for anything else but sidi raids...

WTF u need any item from sidi than?

maybe i misunderstood something...

or maybe u just another whiner who wont be missed from raids...

who knows...

F

Flimgoblin

People take note - if you're not an RP farmer then you're not good enough to get drops.

You're a substandard citizen - but feel free to support the raid all the way to apocalypse, so someone else can get some drops.

F

Falcor

sigh much anger its always the same ppl who flame isnt it flim, ever tried making a post that isnt negative on me threads =/

this has nothing to do with rp farming ability, apoc weapons have slow speeds making them good for rvr, they are highest weapons in albion, as some ppl cant read i say again this only affects apoc weapons, simple facts is full bonus kicks in at rr5, so these v good r vr weapons should go to ppl who imo have demonstrated they have been in rvr and enjoy it, the rest of armour weapons jewls etc are available to all 50 plus as always, imo its a fair compromise, which im afraid is what i havto do..its not 100% i may stills crub rule before raid, it only affects one weapon tho

Krane:I will NOT make the raids on saturday done by guild, it is not fair on the ppl of smaller guilds or solo ppl, these r albion raids for albions as i have always said and will remain so...

P

[PS]Venom

hrm...not sure if i c the point here...<snip>

I think I understood what you were trying to say.

I used to only play for the Sidi raids, because I enjoyed them. However raids with this rules I will object to on principle. I play more now because I've found a guild that's helping me breathe a little more life into the game, and enjoy it more without the feeling of "need more RPPPP!!" because I'm doing something different.

As for your comment of calling me "another whiner who won't be missed" I think you're the pot calling the kettle black, at least where whining is concerned. I spoke up because I don't agree with this in the slightest. If that's whining, it's whining, and I don't care. Don't be a hypocrit and call me a whiner though.

You're a prime example of the mindset I and a lot of others dislike in DAoC.

B

BrassMonkey

3. yes he did the same effort...but the guy getting rr6+ made a bit more effort to get the high RR..and its a bit frustrating to c a 2h palading gimp (no personal offense meant..but they are the thanes of albion) running around with an uber sidi weapon...

Maybe he's a two handed paladin because (think about this for a minute) he pays his own fucking subscription and can spec however the fuck he wants!

I'd rather see diversity in the same classes among players rather than the uber-specced-cookie-cut that most would go for, just because they're being different doesn't mean they're any less entitled to some nice gear.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by -Wark-
Maybe he's a two handed paladin because (think about this for a minute) he pays his own fucking subscription and can spec however the fuck he wants!

I'd rather see diversity in the same classes among players rather than the uber-specced-cookie-cut that most would go for, just because they're being different doesn't mean they're any less entitled to some nice gear.

Sidi raids are done for the good of Albion.
I have seen sidi weapons on buffbot ffs. Can we atleast try to make sure Apocalypse drops are actually used in rvr, instead of for decoration?
rr5+ used to be the same for Dragon drops. Nothing new here.
Highest RR's should get priority in drops (and no, none of my chars are "high" rr, so I gain nothing of this).
Nice of you to join on Sidi raids, and it is your right to do so. It is Falcor right to set the rules.
Regards, Glottis

T

thorwyntf

ps.: fyi i am playing this game since open beta...so dont think i could be called a newb...
ps2.: about rps...if u want a decent weapon...get your lazy ass to an rvr zone ( NOT necessarely emain ) and farm rr5? instead of whining here about your sad rr2-3 and xpect an uber weapon...
support the realm crafters and get a weapon from them...mp will do just fine till rr5-6.

fyi, I`m playing since open beta too, so I don´t think I could be called a newb as well. I can´t see why this matters in this discussion but apparently it does, so now you know it.
And I can´t see where I´m whining. It´s YOU who came here and started a major whine about how unfair this all is. And all I did was trying to explain, that you´re hunting a Phantom by reducing the effectivity of a weapon to speed/levelrequirement. You didn´t address one single point of my thoughts though.

And about my time in RvR... I don´t think it´s your business to tell me what to do with my online time. I´ve spend (and I`m still spending) a good portion of my time forming and keeping a guild intact. Yet, I`m enjoying RvR occasionally. And I can´t see why this should make me less eligible for a Sidi drop than you.

And finally, let me say, that I really believe that by constantly repeating and discussing this elitaire crap, you´re damaging Albion and the community on this Server far more, than the bonus and effectivity of 100 Sidi weapons in rr5+ hands could ever egalize.

O

old.krane

1. FYI i didnt mention any names in the part where i said noobs..didnt say particulary u are one...if u tought the comment is adressed to u..maybe u should think about that..

2. Damages the community of albion ffs?? What the feck u want to use an apoc weapon for as an rr2? dont u think the community is not only your roleplaying guild?

3. Yes, u have EVERY right to do WHATEVER u want in your daoc time of course...u pay for the subs...
But your decisions ingame affect your daoc time...1 decision u took is that u dont do lots of rvr..and u roleplay instead....
thats 100% up to you...
but than why should u get a high RR apoc weapon? just to be l33t in duels?

O

old.krane

Re: Re: Sidi raid Sat 16th Aug

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
People take note - if you're not an RP farmer then you're not good enough to get drops.

You're a substandard citizen - but feel free to support the raid all the way to apocalypse, so someone else can get some drops.

hrmm..sorry to say but are u retarded?

rr5 is rp farming?

u ever did decent rvr yet?

or u just bought/ebayed the account?

if u dont like the rules than DO NOT attend to the raids...whining here wont change anything..

F

Flimgoblin

this has nothing to do with rp farming ability, apoc weapons have slow speeds making them good for rvr, they are highest weapons in albion, as some ppl cant read i say again this only affects apoc weapons, simple facts is full bonus kicks in at rr5, so these v good r vr weapons should go to ppl who imo have demonstrated they have been in rvr and enjoy it, the rest of armour weapons jewls etc are available to all 50 plus as always, imo its a fair compromise, which im afraid is what i havto do..its not 100% i may stills crub rule before raid, it only affects one weapon tho

And of course noone who's under RR5 now will ever get there and these weapons are unusable in PvE? or on Relic raids or on anything other than farming in Emain?

Sorry for "always posting negative things" but your raid rules are going from pretty agreeable to hypocritical and crap ;)

When you first started it was either 45+ or 48+ with no preclaiming. Now you're kinda preclaiming, and it's 50+ with some drops only RR5.

Count how many RR5 only folks you have on your next raid - if it's enough to do apocalypse with have everyone else sit out the fight ;) only fair after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom