Shadowblades...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
thats such shit advice from mythic like as a kobby you will make an outstanding SB but a wank hunter.

I mean its just like unfounded or vague but basically its wrong or more the other way around.

---------------------------------

Oh yer and I agree give fucking celt NS.

no reason at all against it now.

the DS and dot and DD go no where near the racial advantage and spec point advantage of SB and infs.

wont happen for another 2-3 patches then it might happen or they will give NS another ability to counter this....

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
wont happen for another 2-3 patches then it might happen or they will give NS another ability to counter this....

The thing is, NS don't need anything to counter it.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you would have to be a braindead moron to not realise the advantage SB's (esp) and infs have over a nightshade.

In the past mythic always gave NS something substantial to counter this (previously AP and then remedy).

Now their counter has been given to every class.

the 2 extra magical abilities (the DS and DOT) are worthless. (compared to 400 extra HP, 30 extra str and con and access to bludeon?)

thats why celt NS in todays remedy for all situation works fine... tbh though most SB and infs would cry omg nozors, because they used to fighting blade spec ns with 310-320 str.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
It's hard to argue against suchs a brilliant argument censi. Because, it's most evident that everyone that disagrees with you are "braindead morons".

Especially since you have suchs fantastic facts!

Let's look at them:

400 extra hp:

The SB have two ways to have more HP than the NS. One is the class bonus of extra hits. That just about equals 90 extra hits on the same level of con. The other way is if the SB is a norse and thus have 30 more con. Are you going to say that 30 con equals 310 hits now? Yes, I certainly see who is the braindead moron!

Secondly, you come saying 310-320 strength on a blade NS.

55 base + 10 creation + 155 buffs + 101 template = 321 strength

Do you think yourself that no SB or Infil buys aug strength? Ah yes, because which braindead moron doesn't buy aug strength when on a low strength class that depends on strength!

But ok, NS do still have lower strength than the norse sb. Let us look at how much those 30 strength really does, shall we?

Loghan.sb said:
As it's been said, vilna tested it to be .2% per point of str.
http://vnboards.ign.com/midgard_rogue_professions/b20912/95879400/p1/?26

So, 30 * 0.2% = 6% extra damage!

Yep, that's wooping 6% extra damage. Will you calculate how much extra DPS you gain from that "worthless" damage shield and DA, because most obviously you cannot rely on letting this "braindead moron" do it!

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Imo str is a bit overated...half my life as assassin i hadnt specced aug str and it worked ok.
As for Celt NS ... /shrug .. why not... i mean .. u already get a free sidestun while infront and atm it would seen quite the same as brit infil.
PH is also overated.
And imo .. ns magic is a really nice spice for gaming style. wish i had toys like that

Papa: Where did u find that 300/300 capping ? a chart i looked @ a vnboards thread just gave some % bonuses according to raised stats, caps and starting points.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
an SB PAed my armsman for 855! (it hurt, was on 20% hp after hugging a warlock)

previous SB that tried it ate flying crossbow-death-chop :p

fingzor.jpg

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Oh yer and I agree give fucking celt NS.

they were gonna remember? until current elf/luri shades demanded a race respec and whined so much they removed it from testserver.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
321 strength

OMG I was "1" out!

until current elf/luri shades demanded a race respec and whined so much they removed it from testserver.

yep and thats a shame. Tbh shar and celt have exactly the same advatages over luri for melee orientated rangers (which is most). Funny thing is I dont give a rats arse. my toon is luri, if i was given race respec i would take it. in fact i dont think any luri rangers moaned when they suddenly allowed shars.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
OMG I was "1" out!

No, you were ignoring the fact that you also have access to AugStr. Combine that with other gross exagerations and a childish tone, you were merely whining displaying a great lack of credibility.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
No, you were ignoring the fact that you also have access to AugStr. Combine that with other gross exagerations and a childish tone, you were merely whining displaying a great lack of credibility.

He just saying a luri shade needs aug str just to come close to SB str w/out aug str.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
He just saying a luri shade needs aug str just to come close to SB str w/out aug str.

You probably now can get some twisted answer from one of the Mids which goes like :

"Yes its true that you need those RA's, but thats good. Because the RA-points you spend into it are passive and work always, while the points I safed and instead spend on Viper can be purged and resisted or blocked by Remedy".

You already know 'they' are wrong the moment they come with 'You still have higher DEX and QUI'. Its like saying Firbolgs would make better Berserkers then Trolls, coz they got higher Empathy.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
You are the one that twists any argument give, ignores the facts and generally attempts to divert anything Puppet. :)

And, a NS will have 30str lower than a Norse SB and 10 lower than a Kobold SB.

That equals to 6% (2% for kobold) less damage.

You have other advantages though. Im sure if you think hard, you can think on what those are.

All that said, let's be honest. Do you really have problems competing in general against SB's?

Really, do you?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Yep, that's wooping 6% extra damage. Will you calculate how much extra DPS you gain from that "worthless" damage shield and DA, because most obviously you cannot rely on letting this "braindead moron" do it!

DPS based on a damage-shield is highly unreliable, as it actually requires the enemy to hit me.

IMO change the NS damage-shield (which is something we could already easily get with CTD, Druid Nature-subspec etc etc) to a real damage-add. That would 'help' alot more .

The DoT ticks for about 10-15 damage each 3 swings of a weapon for about 250-rounders that gives us 1% more dps. If its not resisted ofcourse. Or purged (which is pretty common to see it purged in the fight). Due to the long recast-timer on it its not often viable to reapply it during a fight, so reduce the DPS by about 50% due to the purges, give it another 10% resist-rate and you're looking at less then 0.5% dps-boost.

To compare: A typical DoT-reactive from GoV has about 5-6x the DPS of the insta-DoT.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
You are the one that twists any argument give, ignores the facts and generally attempts to divert anything Puppet. :)

And, a NS will have 30str lower than a Norse SB and 10 lower than a Kobold SB.

That equals to 6% (2% for kobold) less damage.

You have other advantages though. Im sure if you think hard, you can think on what those are.

All that said, let's be honest. Do you really have problems competing in general against SB's?

Really, do you?

Can you make your list of advantages *MY Nightshade* has over SB's. Please do remember mine is pierce-spec. Im curious in hearing them.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Puppet said:
You probably now can get some twisted answer from one of the Mids which goes like :

"Yes its true that you need those RA's, but thats good. Because the RA-points you spend into it are passive and work always, while the points I safed and instead spend on Viper can be purged and resisted or blocked by Remedy".

You already know 'they' are wrong the moment they come with 'You still have higher DEX and QUI'. Its like saying Firbolgs would make better Berserkers then Trolls, coz they got higher Empathy.

tbh, Azathrim seems to bring up better arguments and actually seem to atleast be able to back them up :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously Puppet, you are so fast at yelling NERF at anything that might actually kill your characters. You are fast at giving elaborate lists and long winded thoughts on why this and that is overpowered (as it basicly boils down to it being a threat to you).

I think it would be a healthy challenge for you, to look at your own class and see what it got going for you. On many levels, you might benefit from suchs a challenge.

Don't be afraid, you can do it. :)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Can you make your list of advantages *MY Nightshade* has over SB's. Please do remember mine is pierce-spec. Im curious in hearing them.

slash resistant armour

i can't use malice vs them :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrel said:
Tis about SB's meight not ez mode df infs :(

What´s the difference between infil DF and ns DB except ns have it at much lower specc?

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
What´s the difference between infil DF and ns DB except ns have it at much lower specc?

apparently about 20 less str // o0

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:

Spot the sarcasm mate :(

illu

Part of the furniture
Before 1.82 I felt the pecking order was:
1. High RR Slash-Remedy Shades (almost invincible)
2. High RR Infils slightly above
3. Shadowblades
simply because Infils have always seemed to hit slightly harder than SB's.

After 1.82, all I know is that I find that the current pecking order is:
1. Remedy-Infils (Cweep/Papasan - evil)
2. Shadowblades with lovely template (used to having to squeeze everything out of their toon to compete)
3. Nightshades (The Remedy-nerf was a big hit)

It's all swings and roundabouts. Every class has had it's glory OP days, SB's had LA and instakill staying in stealth, Infils and their 9 second stun, Shades with their ridiculous Remedy. This is the most even it has been for a while. We all just have to adapt and change. I'm trying a new CS spec which I keep cocking up moves on (used Hamstring about 10 times on Kagato without evading first ^^ = 50 damage per hit)

I'm enjoying it. Lots of steamrolling and archers and casters waiting to make your life hell, but there we are, all part of the game.

Oli - Illu

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
It's all swings and roundabouts. Every class has had it's glory OP days, SB's had LA and instakill staying in stealth, Infils and their 9 second stun, Shades with their ridiculous Remedy. This is the most even it has been for a while. We all just have to adapt and change. I'm trying a new CS spec which I keep cocking up moves on (used Hamstring about 10 times on Kagato without evading first ^^ = 50 damage per hit)

I'm enjoying it. Lots of steamrolling and archers and casters waiting to make your life hell, but there we are, all part of the game.

Oli - Illu

Come on Illu, admit your not really playing a stealther.
Your not even close to beeing bitter and twisted enough to be believeble.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah slash infils are nasty now. especially those 44cs/dw slash infils

Remedy, hit hard as hell, swing offhand like always and their new free SL after a kill is kinda irritating aswell.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Before 1.82 I felt the pecking order was:
1. High RR Slash-Remedy Shades (almost invincible)
2. High RR Infils slightly above
3. Shadowblades
simply because Infils have always seemed to hit slightly harder than SB's.

After 1.82, all I know is that I find that the current pecking order is:
1. Remedy-Infils (Cweep/Papasan - evil)
2. Shadowblades with lovely template (used to having to squeeze everything out of their toon to compete)
3. Nightshades (The Remedy-nerf was a big hit)

Oli - Illu

sb is 10x easier to kill than a ns still.

Tho the fact they're all in groups of 5 is getting somewhat boring

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
Tho the fact they're all in groups of 5 is getting somewhat boring

That goes for all realms though. See as many mid stealth zergs as I see hib/alb. All depends on where you go really. A shame though. :(

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
It's hard to argue against suchs a brilliant argument censi. Because, it's most evident that everyone that disagrees with you are "braindead morons".

Especially since you have suchs fantastic facts!

Let's look at them:

400 extra hp:

The SB have two ways to have more HP than the NS. One is the class bonus of extra hits. That just about equals 90 extra hits on the same level of con. The other way is if the SB is a norse and thus have 30 more con. Are you going to say that 30 con equals 310 hits now? Yes, I certainly see who is the braindead moron!

Secondly, you come saying 310-320 strength on a blade NS.

55 base + 10 creation + 155 buffs + 101 template = 321 strength

Do you think yourself that no SB or Infil buys aug strength? Ah yes, because which braindead moron doesn't buy aug strength when on a low strength class that depends on strength!

But ok, NS do still have lower strength than the norse sb. Let us look at how much those 30 strength really does, shall we?

http://vnboards.ign.com/midgard_rogue_professions/b20912/95879400/p1/?26

So, 30 * 0.2% = 6% extra damage!

hmm, i always thought that meleers spec aug's not only for dmg increase but for weaponskill increase which in the end results in better chances to hit your opponent. so besides the 6% raw damage u might get some more swings through enemy defences

but what do i know... maybe it's only rumours

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom