Shadowblades...

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
time for some bragging! :D

Hamy chain on a hero and some bludgeon loving for a NS!

sooo, show the world how you do now in 1.82!

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
oh noes u pwn :m00: yet u still whine on irc that SB's are underpowered Oo

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Hehe, crush rocks versus me it seems :<

Anyhow, didnt make screenshot, but did Garrote for 271 (-17) on you with a heater when the fight for once swinged in my favour finding u with timers down :p

Still think Bludgeon is bullshit, might be balancing versus Slash INF/NS, but its a joke against Pierce NS.

On another note, more in general really, I do notice this WS-debuff is seriously another nerf to Pierce/Thrust-spec. I take it same goes for Archery and Spear (for hunters) and Friar-staff. When fully debuffed (Malice + WS-debuff) I was sometimes doing less then 100 MH damage :S

Basically this patch is rather stupid from my PoV when I look at my Nightshade. CL-resists where already lowering my damage, now this WS-debuff + ofcourse facing Bludgeon, giving SB's alot more damage towards me.

But suppose its Mythic's way of balancing: Sledgehammer (Bludgeon) tactics and not looking at the game as a greater meaning. All my Hib-stealthers been pierce, but already respecced my Ranger to Blades, there's no way in hell I can compete with my Ranger without Blades, I think.

NS will probably follow, will look at it abit longer, but the nerf to Diamondback, Hamstring, Hamstring-spamming was another thing I wasnt happy with.

Oh well, its like economics, ups&downs :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
finding SB's definetly having a little bit more horse power versus me.

its the bludgeon mainly.

also if you say fire bludgeon and get a LW debuff (or had one before u fired bludgeon) it doesnt debuffed crush does it. dont think it does.

tbh time for archer love now.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
so we r back in the DF patch now then ? :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
an SB PAed my armsman for 855! (it hurt, was on 20% hp after hugging a warlock)

previous SB that tried it ate flying crossbow-death-chop :p

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
previous SB that tried it ate flying crossbow-death-chop :p

lmao! nice to see you on the lil arms tonight filmy! :cheers: :)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I saw 2 deathspams from Fingzor the UBER xbow Armsman! Omg Film, you should have seen the worthy spam of Synergy DEATHcrew® at Snow :clap:

Eyres

Banned
duact said:
and this is how you own them.

cry me a river with your day gank groups ducat, deserve to get zerged, the way you gank soloers and seem supprised when none of them will give up the chance to jump you in fights. but yeh mostly fools zerging, saw jarvio doing much the same before when i logged for a run.... really need to get irvr back in hib as in alb it just seems to have some kind of shining zerg effect on everyone

you earn the respect ranking of realm hunters

and puppet if you think thrust has been nerfed then respec, the debuff changes where rightly so because slash being debuffed so heavily for so long even in the days of 30 minute purge. it needed changing as SB's could not access anything but 100% STR weapons, now thrust gets debuffed the same as slash, but thrust still goes off your primary stat and one you have a very high starting stat in. But really the point im making is both have its advantages, slash was suffering heavily before the change, now things have been evened out more it really isnt somthing you should be complaining about especially if its because your too stubborn to respec to adapt

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
cry me a river with your day gank groups ducat, deserve to get zerged, the way you gank soloers and seem supprised when none of them will give up the chance to jump you in fights. but yeh mostly fools zerging, saw jarvio doing much the same before when i logged for a run.... really need to get irvr back in hib as in alb it just seems to have some kind of shining zerg effect on everyone

and puppet if you think thrust has been nerfed then respec, the debuff changes where rightly so because slash being debuffed so heavily for so long even in the days of 30 minute purge. it needed changing as SB's could not access anything but 100% STR weapons, now thrust gets debuffed the same as slash, but thrust still goes off your primary stat and one you have a very high starting stat in. But really the point im making is both have its advantages, slash was suffering heavily before the change, now things have been evened out more it really isnt somthing you should be complaining about especially if its because your too stubborn to respec to adapt

there really is no advantage of thrust over slash now tho, better weapons, easier sc, one weak one resistant on armour table instead of one neutral one resistant. Given remedy the debuff doesnt matter, the only thing slash lacks is a stun and it has more things going for it that easily out wight that. A hamstring of 445, leaper 475 and rib sep of 388 on a sb earlier (not including offhand swings) pretty much sums up why noones going thrust now :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
Eyres said:

They ran that minigrp primetime just fyi so less bs kekekeke ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Eyres said:

Even if a FG leaves stealthers alot there are always cocks that adds, so Im just about there. I still believe a fg shouldnt kill just 1 person, but whenever im driver (when on Bard), and leave stealthers alot, I every often see them adding on me 5 mins after, so why bother really?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Eyres said:
and puppet if you think thrust has been nerfed then respec, the debuff changes where rightly so because slash being debuffed so heavily for so long even in the days of 30 minute purge. it needed changing as SB's could not access anything but 100% STR weapons, now thrust gets debuffed the same as slash, but thrust still goes off your primary stat and one you have a very high starting stat in.

But really the point im making is both have its advantages, slash was suffering heavily before the change, now things have been evened out more it really isnt somthing you should be complaining about especially if its because your too stubborn to respec to adapt

Funny. You seem to think Pierce has advantages. I tell you:

* Inferiour artifacts, no Malice-debuff
* Inferiour damage-type, both my counterparts are resistant to Piercing-dmg
* Inferiour SC. I need to SC another stat + overcap it compared to Blades
* Inferiour RA's. I need to invest twice as much Aug Stats to get the same benefit as Blades.

It seemed to me Pierce had all those disadvantages, but 2 advantages:

* Less affected by debuffs, well voilla that's removed..
* Potential to stun your enemy after evade, then carry on with a high damage-chain, well thats removed aswell..

And LOL @ about the evening out part. Totally gutting Pierce leaving it with NO advantage at all above Blades is 'evening out' in your book?

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
well I'm a noob with my infil, only rr6, though I'm thrust specced and still can kill the sbs mostly :i There are a very few of them who can be hard enough to kill me if none of us can jump the other with pos. style, but even ns's are easier because of this ws debuff.
The biggest challange now is to find a solo sb , as I failed to do it mostly :) I roamed every area but at least a hunter or other sb added all the time. (have to add , mani is still the hardest sb out there :) dont wanna name the weakest but could beat without end nor poison, and he has a wl and hunter too xD )

Eden

Fledgling Freddie
come over to the dark side puppet and get those blades! :touch:

edit: im happy SB got a boost finaly, after all these years of wajn and shit <3

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
* Inferiour damage-type, both my counterparts are resistant to Piercing-dmg
* Inferiour SC. I need to SC another stat + overcap it compared to Blades
* Inferiour RA's. I need to invest twice as much Aug Stats to get the same benefit as Blades.

It seemed to me Pierce had all those disadvantages, but 2 advantages:

* Less affected by debuffs, well voilla that's removed..
* Potential to stun your enemy after evade, then carry on with a high damage-chain, well thats removed aswell..

And LOL @ about the evening out part. Totally gutting Pierce leaving it with NO advantage at all above Blades is 'evening out' in your book?

Right, piercing is not as appealing as pre 1.82, but still as ns you start with +20 dmg stat vs blades, your evade chance is higher, your dmg on LW weapons is higher than blades and if you would wield malice as main hand reaply poisons would be a problem. About evade 3 secs timer, ... we can still move and use positional styles.
Now piercing/blades it's balanced, prolly malice/battler /use2 is better vs assasins with so much remedy users.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
All those high level CS styles that belong in that after evade chain always delivered this kind of dmg if SB/Infil/NS wasnt debuffed. And as part of the new sb ability...sb can just deliver 10% more dmg that he used to. I would say it sounds a bit balanced, tho i have only run 1 day rvr to actually get some real results on my own.
Also Blood Rage (aka 25% more movement after db...sux ass). We get some dmg ... rest get ability to chain stealthers around or to hide better and lurk for another kill.

PS: and y... i also think that pierce went from a bit OP to a bit underbalanced

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Well, time to stop soloing, not a decent friggin sb out there that is solo anymore..

After reactivating my account to test friar changes, all the sb's I've encountered has been in a duo or more.

So pointless.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Well, time to stop soloing, not a decent friggin sb out there that is solo anymore..

After reactivating my account to test friar changes, all the sb's I've encountered has been in a duo or more.

So pointless.

its fotm :(

i started warrior and sb to have a challenge and now when they r so called op its damn booring! Not cause i pwn, but cause all run around using remedy and popping ppl! Makes me frustrated and do things like killing ppl on low hp and such.. as i wouldnt have done before..

Braakjekk's soul is weak.. he is turning to the dark side yet again..

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
At least the thrust users that are now whining can respec to slash if they find their setup unable to compete.

The SB's couldn't.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Good luck to you Succi.

They don't come as 1 or 2 anymore, actually, you're lucky if you find two of them at the same spot.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
Good luck to you Succi.

They don't come as 1 or 2 anymore, actually, you're lucky if you find two of them at the same spot.

Just like all the old DF infils and all the scouts :eek:

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
At least the thrust users that are now whining can respec to slash if they find their setup unable to compete.

The SB's couldn't.

40 str race sucks as blade user =/

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

The SB's couldn't.

at least a sb has access to every artifact with the same damage type. Give malice as a thrust and i'd probably spec back :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom