Server balance part 2

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Before the release I was concerned about it and was assured mythic had systems in place to prevent it being a problem. They failed IMO.

My solution, something no other mmo im aware of has had the guts to do. Allow side swapping on the same server.

Healer -> Healer
MDPS->MDPS
RDPS->RDPS
Tank->Tank

Every character on your account for a server will be swapped to a corrosponding class on the other side. Letting the user pick which of the 3 classes they want.

Set gear could be swapped right over. The rest just on a templated basis.

No guild transfer since you guild would lose all renown.

This would only be available on servers with no balance and would cut off when balance was achieved.

I know they will never do it but IMO its the only way left to fix the game on some servers. Players would rather quit than reroll. Sad but true.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Before the release I was concerned about it and was assured mythic had systems in place to prevent it being a problem. They failed IMO.

My solution, something no other mmo im aware of has had the guts to do. Allow side swapping on the same server.

Healer -> Healer
MDPS->MDPS
RDPS->RDPS
Tank->Tank

Every character on your account for a server will be swapped to a corrosponding class on the other side. Letting the user pick which of the 3 classes they want.

Set gear could be swapped right over. The rest just on a templated basis.

No guild transfer since you guild would lose all renown.

This would only be available on servers with no balance and would cut off when balance was achieved.

I know they will never do it but IMO its the only way left to fix the game on some servers. Players would rather quit than reroll. Sad but true.

Thats way to easy and would be used far too much by players. Why not make it a little harder?

How about making a PvE quest where you have to actually defect from one side to the other? you know like be smuggled out by underground defectors etc?

And when you do complete the job, you end up butt naked on a beach somewhere left to fend for yourself with nothing more than a figleaf and a spatula.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Thats way to easy and would be used far too much by players. Why not make it a little harder?

How about making a PvE quest where you have to actually defect from one side to the other? you know like be smuggled out by underground defectors etc?

And when you do complete the job, you end up butt naked on a beach somewhere left to fend for yourself with nothing more than a figleaf and a spatula.

Nope dont like that me poor humie waking up naked on a beach surrounded by greenskins and one of em saying
"Me Boyz wanna ’ear you to squeel like a pig"

nope nope nope
<gets mental images>
NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Nope dont like that me poor humie waking up naked on a beach surrounded by greenskins and one of em saying
"Me Boyz wanna ’ear you to squeel like a pig"

nope nope nope
<gets mental images>
NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Indeed. Forums are where one is supposed to squeal like a pig ;)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good morning!

This is an interesting idea which has been presented a few times already. Although I have no real authority to say so, I'll still take the liberty to claim that there will never be such a feature. Ever.

To start with, the need isn't all that urgent since most of our servers are now quite well balanced (yes, really). We've come a long way since launch and the overall European Destruction and Order is now not from the utopian 1:1. Naturally, there's very real imbalances on some servers, especially in Tier 4 (where it arguably matters much more) new waves of upcoming Order characters will progress through the tiers soon enough and provide the extra punch needed for Order.

We've now used realm bonuses for some time and I can safely say that they work. They're far from a miracle cure and we can obviously not make alliances work together more efficiently, but they do have a very real impact on realm balance. For instance, Eltharion was long Destruction dominated, but it's now almost perfectly balanced (across all tiers) and this Sunday, Order assaulted the Inevitable City. I'm not saying this is because we gave Order a bonus, but I'm saying that us doing so contributed to this change and

On to the real subject matter..
There's frankly so much about this idea which just isn't realistic from a dev perspective; automatically exchanging a career for its mirror class automatically is certainly not a current feature in the tools we command and so would need to be developed or done manually. Were it to be done, what would be done about the achievements, influence, completed quest rewards etc? Should a completed Greenskin Chapter 4 quest be exchanged for a Dwarf Chapter 4 quest (mirror race) or a High Elf Chapter 4 quest (SW being mirror career of SH)?

In short, it's not a viable method manage population balance. The tools at our disposal aren't as direct or quick, but they've proven to work well over time.

-Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom