A Simple Suggestion to give Balance?

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
give the mana bar.

atm its pretty much pointless being a tank in pvp... nukers can nuke away.. if they run out of AP wait a sec.. NUKE!!

now the point of tanks on every other damn game there's has ever been was... tanks can resists and outlive the nukes until the nukers become exhausted... but thats not the case on WAR... nukers and healer just wait a sec and wahey new stuff to do.

its MASSIVELY WRONG.

why play a tank when u dont even get proper interrupts, nukers and healers get infinite mana for running away, and only one side get get stat debuffs?

quit with the WoW shit mythic.. get back to the core of your players. the state of the game atm is disgraceful.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
give the mana bar.

atm its pretty much pointless being a tank in pvp... nukers can nuke away.. if they run out of AP wait a sec.. NUKE!!

now the point of tanks on every other damn game there's has ever been was... tanks can resists and outlive the nukes until the nukers become exhausted... but thats not the case on WAR... nukers and healer just wait a sec and wahey new stuff to do.

its MASSIVELY WRONG.

why play a tank when u dont even get proper interrupts, nukers and healers get infinite mana for running away, and only one side get get stat debuffs?

quit with the WoW shit mythic.. get back to the core of your players. the state of the game atm is disgraceful.

And i agree. But this is a hack'n'slash game... no way you'll have the players waiting for power. This is a NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE game.

As MMOs grow in size, more low IQs are coming in - they need a chance, that's why it's made this way.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i would definately prefer a mana bar over ap for casters. it gives you another way to improve your character, if i could pick i would definately have mana. doubt it will ever happen though

Zede

Part of the furniture
Who fucking cares if the "mana" bar is yellow, blue, green, heck even pink.

So, as if my magic the "mana" bar is now a lubbly blue colour. What changes ?

What your actually saying is "please totally change the game mechanics I dont like them"

Fuck off back to wow & you can stare at nearly depleated mana bars all you like...

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck off back to wow & you can stare at nearly depleated mana bars all you like...

I love when the kids don't seem to grasp, that there are some of us who have played MMOs for 10 years - with this oldschool style of mana/power.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I don't miss mana bars. This is a nice change. Its not the style of regen that needs addressed perhaps just how fierce that regen is in some cases.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
give the mana bar.

its MASSIVELY WRONG.

Since when does a tanks survivability have anything to do with a caster beeing out of power, a tank can tank a large amount of damage, and a caster might not go out of power but will be in danger if he stays on his spot to keep nuking, a choice the caster has, same choice as the tank has in continuing his chase for the caster.

The AP regen rate is designed for larger scale fights, whether its 6v6 or zerg vs zerg, it dosent boil down to whether someone runs out of AP points, but rather whether the group/mass is coordinated.

A solo tank cant take out a caster that is beeing supported by a healer, same goes for a caster trying to take out a tank that is supported by a healer. Coordination is required with other tanks or casters, along with disabling the support.

AP points or mana has never dictated the general outcome of pvp, nor will it in WAR. Unless you directly get AP drained, which is something completely different..

You might argue now that a tank will not be able to kill the caster within time before eating grass, but then again a caster can't

Zede

Part of the furniture
I love when the kids don't seem to grasp, that there are some of us who have played MMOs for 10 years - with this oldschool style of mana/power.

As you see from my sig, I had a Lord in DaoC. Also had Lord as my char prefix in UO, back in 1998.

So, brushing your vein attempt at OneUpmanShip aside, if having a bar thats yellow not blue bothers you so much, id be worried. Its just a colour :p

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
what i meant was i liked being able to stack a stat to improve my mana pool if i so chose to. i dont go for the whole tank caster thing in the original post, just so thats clear :p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie

U Play a caster dont u ? lol

p.s main poster was a camelot player.. AND wow :)

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
give the mana bar.

Ok , so following your idea , it would then make casters and healers slower to lvl due to regen of mana .
So you would then have to balance that by replacing AP with " stamina " for a tank , so they can't just wait a sec and then use another ability.

Why play a caster when you don't get proper CC and Tanks / MDPS get Infinite Stamina to keep beating on you while your trying to get your ass to a safe place .

Swings and roundabouts .

The AP system is balanced imo , the idea of the game is not 1v1.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I like the change from the old mana pool that runs out after one fight, followed by 2 hours of sitting down consuming something to get it back. Downtime is boring and adds nothing at all to the game other than annoyance/timesink

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom