See hidden all over again for minstrels

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
soz about the adding comment(s)...but i hardly see solo sb's/hunters too tbh...

NS or rangers...they somethimes are...

Mincer is a good class yes...about the only class that can play good in both stealth & normal RvR teams...

In Stealth they are a very good combination with a infil or scout (and when played well...shouldn't lose when it's open melee 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 3 even...)...in normal groups they are speedbot-demezzer-SoS'er-interupter...hardly dmg dealer...

Removing MoS from mincer won't do that much tbh...unless assasins are really crap they already see mincers (and scouts) very easily already...assasins should have higher stealth...and you got all kind of Stealth Lores these days to have a perma +20 stealth anyway.

so hardly anything new there...

If they remove stealth...give em shield or something...so they can use that small shield for something...

And the comment about mincer being powerfull at RR6 is true...but think most classes going passed RR6 would probably be good (cause of RA's - ML's etc)...

Hell even a RR10 Thane would hurt...

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Dawn said:
you.know.stuff.

edit: just to clarify - im talking about fg wars on the chanter thing, since i cant imagine you mean that stuff :eek: polearmsman cant even swing twice in 3 seconds XD

no, they hit once then 3 secs later hit again

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Glottis said:
I wonder when the dust will settle down after NF.
Will take a while for people to adopt to all the new RA's and associated tactics.
But giving something to a class, and then taking it away again is very annoying. They should have left SH with the archer class, like it starter :)
Regards, Glottis

this is not true glottis....having a patch on pendragon means, it's not final, so actually it was not taken away from them.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Its impossible to see any stealther at clip range now in NF, even a level 1 rogue, stealth detection range is now hard capped at 1900 units. Still a long way but clip range atleast ;p

As for minstrels loosing MoS, they lost it because there even though they have the stealth there not "designed" to be a solo stealth class like Assassins or Archers. That is how mythic intended the class to be, that along with minstrels getting better RA`s to support there groups like AM etc would mean an rr10 minstrel with AM and MoS5 would make combat between stealthers/stealth groups completely 1 sided.

So by removing MoS it would hopefully deter minstrels from stealth groups as they would be the first one target by any archer or assassin within view.
erm

pretty much any class can solo, the problem for minstrels is because they have stealth the majority of their solo experiance will be against SBs/NSs/hunters/rangers (ie: the stealth zerg). anyone whos actually played a solo minstrel, and i mean SOLO not grping with some fotmfil or whatever, will know that to beat a same RR SB is hard - if you even find a solo sb (rare sight) then you're going up against him :
a) seeing you from a much further range than you can see him
b) probably getting off a perf which means ~500-700 dmg + dotted + str/con debuffed which means your HP and WS go down a LOT before you even get to see him.
c) Doing about 3x your dmg and evading most of your hits back to him
d) swinging a lot faster than you, and with 2x weps meaning you basicly never block

And the same with a NS only harder, they may hit for less but its a LOT faster than sb and they evade a lot more generally and useually get off a crit debuff which has before debuffed my hps from 2k to 1.1k and made my WS go far into 3 digits.

So minstrels overpowered? yeah k whatever keep dreaming.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
tazzbe said:
If they remove stealth...give em shield or something...so they can use that small shield for something...
I dont mind if minstrels get parry instead.
Feel yourself a skald.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Morthomme said:
One can only admire The Jox Braincell for its awesome effort to try to combine nearly 3 words.

Thx Morthomo, but it wouldnt be fair that I took all the credit for this awesome effort, some of it should go to my dear friend Heiniken. :drink:

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Remove climb walls + make em wear studded? :p (or give skalds intsa stun + climb walls and im happy :D )

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
d) swinging a lot faster than you, and with 2x weps meaning you basicly never block
QUOTE]

1: if the sb does 3x u dmg stop using 15 dps weapons, i seen minstrel doinging 200 dmg easy on sbs, and if u get hit for 600 i suggest u get some resist
2: cap quick, get toa haste+charge haste and u nearly hit cap with a speed 4.2 weapon, and if u never block get MoB3, i seen a minstrel block 30% of a zerkers swings (allways DW).

/sacarsme(sp?) off

and u want u class changed around those tons of pl'ed minstrel adds or u want u class changed around the part there know how to play there class.
classes easy get overpowered if they get changed around n00bs playing the class instead of the minority there know there class.
problems with minstrel as i see it: only stealther with chain and there higher base af and arbsorb, got safe fall + climb wall and use chain, only stealther with instant stun, only stealther with 2 high dmging shouts, only stealther there will get accese to healing (AM), if they are close to lose they can allway hit sos (same count for stealthers and vanish).

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
4.2 weapon, and if u never block get MoB3, i seen a minstrel block 30% of a zerkers swings (allways DW).

That'd be the MoB that's not going to be available to minstrels come NF.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Knoll said:
minstrels lost MoS so ye i know im right u fucktard...

when people get out of intelligent comments, they use abusive comments. Calling other people fucktards won't really make you look like the brightest person, but up to you ofc.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
when people get out of intelligent comments, they use abusive comments. Calling other people fucktards won't really make you look like the brightest person, but up to you ofc.
THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK FUCKTARD!!1oneone

nol

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
Remove climb walls + make em wear studded? :p (or give skalds intsa stun + climb walls and im happy :D )
give skalds instruments, then we all happy :D

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
Moo said:
QUOTE]

1: if the sb does 3x u dmg stop using 15 dps weapons, i seen minstrel doinging 200 dmg easy on sbs, and if u get hit for 600 i suggest u get some resist
2: cap quick, get toa haste+charge haste and u nearly hit cap with a speed 4.2 weapon, and if u never block get MoB3, i seen a minstrel block 30% of a zerkers swings (allways DW).

/sacarsme(sp?) off

and u want u class changed around those tons of pl'ed minstrel adds or u want u class changed around the part there know how to play there class.
classes easy get overpowered if they get changed around n00bs playing the class instead of the minority there know there class.
problems with minstrel as i see it: only stealther with chain and there higher base af and arbsorb, got safe fall + climb wall and use chain, only stealther with instant stun, only stealther with 2 high dmging shouts, only stealther there will get accese to healing (AM), if they are close to lose they can allway hit sos (same count for stealthers and vanish).
full toa sced nuuber, sb with 2-h perf can easily do 400->700 dmg on me with that 1 hit.

and thats not even counting the fact you are now debuffed in hits by around 1/3 and your melee stat (str) is debuffed to fuck too meaning ur WS is shit and he evades most of ur melee the only decent dmg u do to him is ur shouts at this point.

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by Gordonax
Actually, you're completely wrong. You should always compare two *average* players against each other to get an idea of how powerful the class is. Alpha's an exceptionally good player who knows every trick in the book. I'd expect him to beat 99% of lower RR players and most of his peers. But he'd probably do the same if you was playing a smite cleric. You can't

Wanted to react here , might be a bit late but better late then never.

Alpha is an exceptional good player....................

i take it u mean the same alpha as i do the 1 that stopped playing some time ago , THE 1 KILLING lvl 30-35 MIDS AT SVASUD CRABS.
LOL calling the MOST NOTORIOUS greyganker of all times a skilled player
They guy must have made about 3-4 RR´s by killing greys only , this being before al 35+ were yellow

Roflmao hahahahah...ha.. ugh ugh <chokes>

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
seeph said:
i take it u mean the same alpha as i do the 1 that stopped playing some time ago , THE 1 KILLING lvl 30-35 MIDS AT SVASUD CRABS.
LOL calling the MOST NOTORIOUS greyganker of all times a skilled player
They guy must have made about 3-4 RR´s by killing greys only , this being before al 35+ were yellow

Roflmao hahahahah...ha.. ugh ugh <chokes>

Sigh. Nothing wrong with hunting down your little ones at those RRs. You expect someone to be as skilled when they start RvR as when they're RR10?

From RR1 to RR4 = 213,975 rps.
From RR4 to RR10 is another 5,700,000 rps.

If you have something to say, make it sensible, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom