See hidden all over again for minstrels

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
- Minstrels no longer have access to Mastery of Stealth. This change was made with version 1.70x, but was not documented.

FU mythic.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yes because MoS 3 is actually clip-range but they decided not to tell you about it.

oh wait it's not...

Am I right in thinking MoS 5 is still less than current see hidden except for 34 points?
(being 250+675 for an assassin, no?)

I'm far from an expert on stealth though so I'm sure someone will correct me :)

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
yay maybe now there wont be so many overpowered FOTM minstrel/infil combos out there

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
why the fuck do minstrels not get this

we're already nerfed to buggery with NF in RA terms, and now we dont even get the 'all stealth classes' RA? this is bullshit.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Renwind said:
cause u shouldnt be a stealther class ?
the fact remains we ARE a stealther class you retard, this is not a thread for idiot mids who know nothing about anything except which fotm they're gonna roll next to spam useless crap about how a class should or should not be something that it CURRENTLY IS.

The point is we ARE a stealther class, we ARE a 'solo-able' class (atm) and this change is TOTAL BULLSHIT.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
can still solo w/o stealth on minstrel :p but you cant camp milegates with low stealth :p

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder when the dust will settle down after NF.
Will take a while for people to adopt to all the new RA's and associated tactics.
But giving something to a class, and then taking it away again is very annoying. They should have left SH with the archer class, like it starter :)
Regards, Glottis

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
The point is we ARE a stealther class
LMAO :clap:
Change the words:
'we'(minstrels) -> 'zerkers'
'stealther class' -> 'damage-dealing class'

Nothing is new under the sun :)

Live with it :wij:

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Nobody can seriously think it would have been ok if mincers also got access to mos, not with their utility, and especially not with the introduction of ameliorating melodies.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
I wonder when the dust will settle down after NF.
Will take a while for people to adopt to all the new RA's and associated tactics.
But giving something to a class, and then taking it away again is very annoying. They should have left SH with the archer class, like it starter :)
Regards, Glottis

They didn't give and take it away though. All the changes are in the same patch, so the only people affected are those on Pendragon, and that is *shock horror* a test server to see how patches will affect gameplay on the live servers.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
lol, poor fucking minstrels, now they might have a chance to lose 1v1 with another stealther

- English -

Resident Freddy
well minstrels only really miss out in soloing without mos, they will be guarded by 50 uba infs :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
- English - said:
well minstrels only really miss out in soloing without mos, they will be guarded by 50 uba infs :)

so nothing will change? ^^

Varg

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i can't see the big yahoo about this, see hidden is in the game now, and now archers gets access to a similar ability, just so much more expensive.

Competent minstrels can use their RA points elsewhere and solokill upto 2-3 stealthers detecting them, just like now.

Not that there are alot of competent ones, but there are a few :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Shows how low IQ u mids are.. by saying: "now there will be less misntrels in rvr"
But the fact is.. we will group with infils now coz they have got nice stealther thingies

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
hmmm well - not like minsterls ARENT overpowered ... at least the ones who know how to play their chars.

i doubt many assasins / archers would get > mos 2 anyways .

how about take stealthe AWAY from minstrels completely !! thatwould be nice

Light

Loyal Freddie
would have been nice to have but nevermind not much different to SH is now.

AM is the stupid RA that should be replaced with something else - most mins dont want it and most mid/hib stealthers dont want them to have it either.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Slytale said:
how about take stealthe AWAY from minstrels completely !! thatwould be nice

Beware whit what you desire, because u could get it. If Mythic (wont happen) take stealth from mincers it should be replaced by another line, and whit a change base-class, do you really want group mincers whit their utility in hibrid tank tables? or whit caster/healer habilities?

Anyway Mythic cant do that, so suggest it is pointless :m00: .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
currently minstrels face:

See hidden (passive X range archers see them in shade mode) for 8 points
True Sight (active once every 30m clip range archers see them in shade mode) for 10 points

in NF they'll face:

Mastery of Stealth (passive 675 range increase on how far archers/assassins see them)

is that really much worse?

hoho

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
But the fact is.. we will group with infils now coz they have got nice stealther thingies

just like 99% of the mincers are already doing..?

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, that really gimped minstrels. Damn. I mean, how can they survive, they only have a choice between fg and stealth (yes, even at NF) groups, they got speed, they got ablative chant, they got climb walls, they got dd's, stuns, mezzes, charm, power and health regeneration song, confusion, chainmail, new Ra... I guess we have to accept that they aren't meant to be masters of it all, only of some.

I really feel for minstrels. Well not the good ones, only those who cry over this.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
the fact remains we ARE a stealther class you retard, this is not a thread for idiot mids who know nothing about anything except which fotm they're gonna roll next to spam useless crap about how a class should or should not be something that it CURRENTLY IS.

The point is we ARE a stealther class, we ARE a 'solo-able' class (atm) and this change is TOTAL BULLSHIT.

grow up.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Remove stealth and replace it with shield spec + more spec points and id be happy :p

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, cry cry... to start with, Minstrels shouldnt have stealth at all... zZzZz :m00:

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluid said:
lol, poor fucking minstrels, now they might have a chance to lose 1v1 with another stealther
U get dumber (sp?) by each post u make!

(then again that IS in the spirit of FH...)

/go to PL another class

Powerslave

Fledgling Freddie
the nerf sounds reasonable, having in mind that minstrels are a class which is imballanced compaired to mid and hib stealthers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom