Scouts!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Lol shouting off AP like its some kinda IWIN button, do you realise whats needed for AP3? do you??? Lemme tell yah..

My Rangers 4L6 lets see what he can get with his points...

Purge 10pts.. Necessity, sorry, gtfo Alb scouts, to beat you we NEED this RA (kinda unbalanced that i also needed the RA on my NS to kill Infs cos of DF which got nerfed recently)

Aug Con 3 total of 10 points

Ape 3 total of 19 Points.

So i would need to be 4L9 to just have AP3 and Purge, ummm i think you'll find, i like 99% of other Rangers wouldnt gimp myself this way, with 2 Active RA's that makes me hard to beat every 15mins or so?

Lets see what else i can buy for 39 Points...

Purge 10pts
FA 2 9pts
IP 14pts
Aug Dex2 4pts
FE 1 1pt
Toughness 1 1pt

IF i want a more melee orientated Ranger i could go with this RA Spec i'd imagine. Maybe switch FE for Regen or something

But as my Rangers spec'd 45 Bow, 44 Pierce, 24 CD, 35 Stealth (Oh look No Feckin PF, thx mythic for gimp specline4tw!!!)

I went for more Range RA's....

Aug Dex 2 4pts
Tough1 1pt
Purge 10pts
FE3 10pts
Longshot 6pts
Volley 8pts

And with volley being given free in NF thats 14pts i can free up and put towards other things, oh guess what?? no AP in NF either, so pls remove that AP - IWIN button!! card from your hand and place it firmly in your ass where it can keep your head company k thx.

Fact of the matter is, yes Rangers have Good melee, but we NEED an RA to beat even a scout in melee, this is wrong, pls even your limited alb brain must be able to understand this??? or do you not currently possess the single braincell passed between the alb collective? if so, pls request for it to be lent to you so u can maybe comprehend what im saying.

As an NS i needed purge to beat my most common enemy, Infiltrators Dragonfang.

As a Ranger i need Purge to beat one of my most common enemies and now with the influx of FOTM Archers, the Scout, because like it or not, i cant shoot you, i HAVE to melee you and that means im GOING to get Slammed and that means Im GOING to need Purge. Yes im going to kill you if i purge more than likely, if my Purge is down, im free rp's for you. Lets sum it up for your poor tired head

1) i NEED an RA to beat a scout

2) This means i can only beat that scout 1 on 1 when my Ra is up

3) This means when my RA isnt up i have to hide and avoid scouts

4) This means i either a) only fight when my RA is up (yeah right) or b) take a chance i dont run into a scout cos im dead if i do.

But what it comes down to, and this is/was the same for both Hib Stealth classes is that Rangers and indeed NS need / Needed Purge to win fights vs Alb Stealthers, mainly Scouts and infils, Mincers are a whole different kettle of Fish.

You gotta be a shortsighted motherfucker to be an Alb i guess

Gamias

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
Then run around in circles for a while looking for him.

imo /q delete char type yes, if u dont know how to use last attacker and face commands. A Svg asking scout nerf is lol.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
!!!

Glottis said:
they suck donkey balls in melee...

So how could a slash-speced Aussie beat me in a melee-duel once?

Every singel scout seems to have shield 42, perhaps its better to aim on higher weaponskill and let the shield fall behind a bit?

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Go on stalkz explain to us about this comment you made :m00:

Also able to use the Slowest Bow in the game (This means more dmg!!! omg!! for those nub FOTM Archers who thought slower bow just means less shots!)

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Madmartigan, its all very well saying *Shoot them in the back*

HTF exactly do i shoot a scout in the back when im 1 on 1 with him???? pls?? pls tell me this *l33t h4xx0r s3kr3t!*

Thats arguably the dumbest response ive ever heard from someone, fitting that its an alb saying it tbh too.

Yes in a perfect world, all Scouts would be sitting down with their back to me, afk while i kill them.

Wake up man, this isnt that world, no one gets shot in the back, if you do, its time you /q, delete your toons and go play something less intensive like Sims Online.

http://www.eagames.com/official/thesimsonline/features/features_index.jsp

Just click that button mate and all your worrys will be over!! yes u can stop drooling on your keyboard now like the knuckle dragging neanderthal that you are :)

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Gamias said:
Lethul said:
Then run around in circles for a while looking for him.

imo /q delete char type yes, if u dont know how to use last attacker and face commands. A Svg asking scout nerf is lol.

Pffft, deleting his savage wont help to sort the overpowered sc0uts!! :touch:

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Stalkz said:
Fact of the matter is, yes Rangers have Good melee, but we NEED an RA to beat even a scout in melee, this is wrong, pls even your limited alb brain must be able to understand this???

lol :)

r u drunk or just silly?

uve 2 use RA cause ur opponent use em 2 honey :)

edit

changed dump 2 silly :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
unless ofc they have a few friends with them and hence u will be wtfpwnd
aye, ye olde hib 'tactic'. ranger 'pulls' you charge him... and his 5 nightshade mates pa u when u get there. such skill............ :worthy:

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Go on stalkz explain to us about this comment you made :m00:

Also able to use the Slowest Bow in the game (This means more dmg!!! omg!! for those nub FOTM Archers who thought slower bow just means less shots!)

Actualy hes right :eek: bow dmg isnt styled so archery speed bonus quickness etc doesnt decrease dmg per shot so with slower bows u actualy get higher dps if template is well made.

now qq more about scout underpowerness.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
I think you'll find its spelt *Dumb* not Dump.... thx for proving my point tho.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
aye, ye olde hib 'tactic'. ranger 'pulls' you charge him... and his 5 nightshade mates pa u when u get there. such skill............ :worthy:

well if its happen so then i dont see a difference between albs and mobs.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
Actualy hes right :eek: bow dmg isnt styled so archery speed bonus quickness etc doesnt decrease dmg per shot so with slower bows u actualy get higher dps if template is well made.

now qq more about scout underpowerness.

Look at what he wrote, only scouts have access to the slowest bow in game, pity thats wrong eh :m00:

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Konah how is that different to going to AMG Emain, hitting TS and seeing a good 2FG of Alb Mincers, Infs, Scouts on the walls... EVERYDAY.

Pls, engage brain before hitting sumbit reply m8

Edit to add : Edaemos, pls crawl back under your rock and re-read my Unedited FIRST post, where you will clearly see i stated

Rangers can use some of the Slowest Bows in the game

Scouts can use the slowest bow in the game

so infact they can BOTH use the Slowest bows in the game OMFG What a concept????

Ready to take your head out your ass yet?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Stalkz said:
tbh Cougar has a semi legit arguement, and Alb scouts can gtfo.

I quit my ranger recently in digust at the amount of FOTM Fins pl'd Rangers, and pl'd wannabe uber Archers (thats Scouts / hunters for you nub albs) that recently entered the game on the back of the bandwagon that is Omfg-i-wannabe-teh-uber-in-NF.

I really enjoyed playing him, i wasnt very good tbh, but its not a class thats hard to play. Hit Stealth, see target at range, choose corresponding arrow (Oh wait thats l33t spoiler infoz cos many nub archers dont probably know theres diff types of arrow dmg!!) Line up Crit shot, Fire, repeat til target dead or Albion zergs you (common if in Emain.)

NF has allready impacted this server and its not even been released here yet, how so? because everytime you step out in Odins or Emain to fight in group rvr, you get shot by xxx number of FOTM Scouts / Hunters / Rangers, but usually worse by Albs, notorious for stealth zergs. I have an idea that all those Infs pished at the DF nerf have rolled Scouts as the next Wannabe Ubah class tbh. I wont get into that tho as im going off track here.

If you take a look at the Archer classes as they currently stand tho, you will see some imbalance i believe.

Rangers - Dual Wield, Some of the Slowest speed bows (Immolated for you nub fotm Rangers that arent sure) and the shittiest specline of any DAOC Class (Pathfinding). Most people are speccing it for the 1st speed shout, which i believe is worthless unless your chasing down someone, too many FOTM Archers around now that will shoot you if you Speed shout away. While being able to hit half decently in Melee, they are still paper tanks, they can dish it but no way can they take it.

Hunters - from my experience, these are the hardest Archer to fight against, mainly cos of that fuggin pet of theirs, do you ignore it and go for the Spear wielding midget? or do you go for the pet and let the midget kebab you lots of times? Coupled with the fact Mids have Str Relics, Hunters are nasty little mofos, anyone who says they suck at melee can suck my cack, those little bitches with that spear and 3 Str relics can out dmg a Ranger with melee np.

Scouts - Well for a Start they are an Alb class, so they automatically got an advantage over the other 2 Archers, Longer Range, Also able to use the Slowest Bow in the game (This means more dmg!!! omg!! for those nub FOTM Archers who thought slower bow just means less shots!) But the kicker is they can spec Shield! omg 42 Shield 4tw! Which basically means the following...

1) You Cannot shoot a Scout more than once if he isnt grappled, Zephyred etc.

2) You NEED purge to win a melee fight with a Scout if your a Ranger, if Purge is down, place head between legs, kiss ass goodbye.

3) They try to fool you that this means they have sucky melee, dont let this fool you, they can still block blows, evade, IP, Purge etc. But generally they do hit a bit like girls compared to the other 2 Archers (thats Ranjur and Hunter folks)

4) You Cannot shoot arrows at a Scout!! Did i say this before?? What does this mean?? Well its like being immune to your own form of damage, say we gave Casters the ability to totally negate all magic dmg? Or Savages the ability to totally negate all Melee dmg, just by equipping 1 item.

So basically thats my take on Archers in general...

Not much in Daoc i hate, but Scouts are firmly up there, along with Casters who can debuff they own dmg type (Come on Mythic ffs wake up)

Stealther zergs: <pain>

Ranger: They can seriously dish it in melee! still hit people hard with bow
Hunters: I remember scraping with a few of these and fuck they hurt in melee.
Scout: Seriously suck in melee unless you drop shield spec and boost melee, there is no compromise if you can spec shield, you spec 42!

As for bow dmg, because of the lack of anything else to spec in Scouts generally go pretty high in bow hence bow dmg, even though they have a massive variance considering they spec so high in it.

Being able to block and evade does not kick the opponants arse it simply means they live a little longer whilst still hitting for half as much as a crack smoking 1 armed ice cream vendor.

As for the DF nerf, I have not noticed any differance, with the exception a coupla silly Hunters have decided to try and weather the 5 sec stun instead of purge it. As for Infs rolling Scouts I've had a scout for ages, not bothered playing it till recently cuz quite frankly they sucked ass.

There is nothing new about rolling a popular or overpowered class, looka the savages, LA classes, animists, chanters, infil and now it seems scouts.

All you need to do is check out populations then compare that to the whines on FH.

As for resisting your own dmg type, since the average savage comes with a big train behind him and has thier own personal healer they dont need to worry about much else. As for casters being immune to their own dmg, didnt there used to be a little RA the hibs used to buy (That gave them 1-2% resists or more <cough> :twak: )?. Things have changed a bit since those days but the minute somebody else starts to own or at least kill things somebody calls for a nerf.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Stalkz said:
HTF exactly do i shoot a scout in the back when im 1 on 1 with him???? pls?? pls tell me this *l33t h4xx0r s3kr3t!*

Thats arguably the dumbest response ive ever heard from someone, fitting that its an alb saying it tbh too.

Wake up man, this isnt that world, no one gets shot in the back, if you do, its time you /q, delete your toons and go play something less intensive like Sims Online.

ok even this thread was started as an "shit im bored, lets make a lought thread on fh" our both discusion reached an level that we insulting us eachother.

u did ok with quit playin ur ranger, problem solved 4 me :)

so u dont need any answer anymore :D

edit:

Stalkz said:
I think you'll find its spelt *Dumb* not Dump.... thx for proving my point tho.

dump dumb who cares u got the message :)

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Stalkz said:
Konah how is that different to going to AMG Emain, hitting TS and seeing a good 2FG of Alb Mincers, Infs, Scouts on the walls... EVERYDAY.
Pls, engage brain before hitting sumbit reply m8

:clap: :clap: :clap:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
So how could a slash-speced Aussie beat me in a melee-duel once?

Every singel scout seems to have shield 42, perhaps its better to aim on higher weaponskill and let the shield fall behind a bit?

my scout is speced thrust , yeah it's strange , esp as i dont' have any shield.
if i did have shield , i'd use bearhtooth, a stun of BLock.
Against ranja's not good at all , agains hunta's .. well i'd still get ownd.
but still not all albs are clueless ..some are just strange .. like me =)

Lethul

FH is my second home
agree, and remove scouts (mythics lovechild nr1 next to minstrel) so we other balanced class can have a fun game enviroment to play in. cuecue

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
scout whine, then savage whine, then bb whine so much for just 1 thread.

next will be radar whine.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
hi & /hug

mission complete

qqgr I got something that prove savages suxx !

savage1.jpg

savage2.jpg

this happes each time I fight savages :m00:

some1 please dubble the WS of savages and give them some passive to hit bonus and some better styles

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Jaapi said:
Can't believe how many people took the bait. :)
You need to seperate the responses to responses bit tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom