Scouts!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I think some people are giving scouts too much credit.
Scouts are hated by Mythic (explaining 2 years of SH hell).
While at range scouts are very nice (slighly longer range than hunters and rangers) they suck donkey balls in melee... Rangers are much better in melee, and have access to same bows (same delay). In theory, if they would give up melee like scouts do, they could hurt just as bad.... even more with their damage add.... Hunters have it pretty easy against scouts also, send in pet, laugh, and gank scout...
Then we move on to assasins, who have long seen scouts as free rp's. Unlike hunters scouts did not have access to AP. Killing someone like Fatbelly was impossible for a normal inf, but killing a scout is easy for every noob sb/ns with purge (and most of the time even without purge).
Then you come to casters, who just qc mess/interupt you the moment you pop their bt (or their pet intercepts) = dead archer.
Savages just evade most shots anyway, and most scouts will be interupting support (atleast, that was my only focus when I played my little scout).
But I'm glad you guys are starting to find scouts annoying (or archer in general). I do hope you will all quite the game as you suddenly find yourself unable to get free rp's all the time. And 800 crits on people is only on retards who are standing around doing nothing (support classes can be critted, but not savages who are quading away). Killing a Mid support class is damn hard, with all their instants and high hp.
Regards, Glottis

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Ilienwyn said:
Omg, and ns don't have access to bg/grapple!! :)

Nightshade - Spymaster Stormlord

edit

luck 4 us poor Scouts :) but even without this ml crap they just need 0.001 sec 2 kill a scout in melee

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Omg, and sbs/ns don't have access to bg/grapple!! :)

Nightshade Spymaster Stormlord just for yo

dAMN didnt refresh thread before being smart :|.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
tbh Cougar has a semi legit arguement, and Alb scouts can gtfo.

I quit my ranger recently in digust at the amount of FOTM Fins pl'd Rangers, and pl'd wannabe uber Archers (thats Scouts / hunters for you nub albs) that recently entered the game on the back of the bandwagon that is Omfg-i-wannabe-teh-uber-in-NF.

I really enjoyed playing him, i wasnt very good tbh, but its not a class thats hard to play. Hit Stealth, see target at range, choose corresponding arrow (Oh wait thats l33t spoiler infoz cos many nub archers dont probably know theres diff types of arrow dmg!!) Line up Crit shot, Fire, repeat til target dead or Albion zergs you (common if in Emain.)

NF has allready impacted this server and its not even been released here yet, how so? because everytime you step out in Odins or Emain to fight in group rvr, you get shot by xxx number of FOTM Scouts / Hunters / Rangers, but usually worse by Albs, notorious for stealth zergs. I have an idea that all those Infs pished at the DF nerf have rolled Scouts as the next Wannabe Ubah class tbh. I wont get into that tho as im going off track here.

If you take a look at the Archer classes as they currently stand tho, you will see some imbalance i believe.

Rangers - Dual Wield, Some of the Slowest speed bows (Immolated for you nub fotm Rangers that arent sure) and the shittiest specline of any DAOC Class (Pathfinding). Most people are speccing it for the 1st speed shout, which i believe is worthless unless your chasing down someone, too many FOTM Archers around now that will shoot you if you Speed shout away. While being able to hit half decently in Melee, they are still paper tanks, they can dish it but no way can they take it.

Hunters - from my experience, these are the hardest Archer to fight against, mainly cos of that fuggin pet of theirs, do you ignore it and go for the Spear wielding midget? or do you go for the pet and let the midget kebab you lots of times? Coupled with the fact Mids have Str Relics, Hunters are nasty little mofos, anyone who says they suck at melee can suck my cack, those little bitches with that spear and 3 Str relics can out dmg a Ranger with melee np.

Scouts - Well for a Start they are an Alb class, so they automatically got an advantage over the other 2 Archers, Longer Range, Also able to use the Slowest Bow in the game (This means more dmg!!! omg!! for those nub FOTM Archers who thought slower bow just means less shots!) But the kicker is they can spec Shield! omg 42 Shield 4tw! Which basically means the following...

1) You Cannot shoot a Scout more than once if he isnt grappled, Zephyred etc.

2) You NEED purge to win a melee fight with a Scout if your a Ranger, if Purge is down, place head between legs, kiss ass goodbye.

3) They try to fool you that this means they have sucky melee, dont let this fool you, they can still block blows, evade, IP, Purge etc. But generally they do hit a bit like girls compared to the other 2 Archers (thats Ranjur and Hunter folks)

4) You Cannot shoot arrows at a Scout!! Did i say this before?? What does this mean?? Well its like being immune to your own form of damage, say we gave Casters the ability to totally negate all magic dmg? Or Savages the ability to totally negate all Melee dmg, just by equipping 1 item.

So basically thats my take on Archers in general...

Not much in Daoc i hate, but Scouts are firmly up there, along with Casters who can debuff they own dmg type (Come on Mythic ffs wake up)

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Stalkz telling you alb noobs the truth /agree
:eek:

/Regards, Cougar

vintervargen

Banned
Everytime i attack a scout with my ranger, they just block every single hit, or just slam away and 2shot me. If my purge should be up (not likely with all overpowered ministrels, another Mythic lovechild) they just engage me until my stun timer is up, or just melee me to death with Amethyst Slash (overpowered anyone?).

And if i get the occasionally jump on a scout: Engage, well in fact shield spec on an archer is so good he won't even need to engage me. He can just stroll towards me (who is wasting all my endurance for nothing), slam, and kill me. Very balanced :eek:.

Scouts should have their specpoints reduced, or shield spec completely removed. Then they would be on pair with the other archers.

Regards,
Vintervargen

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Well I don't know much about this game, but lethul has always had a fair and unbiased view and an eye towards balance, so I agree with him

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
cant beleave how many ppl cant see the obvious overpowerness of scouts.
suggest u to roll hib or mid and meet em b4 posting any other "scout sucks" things.

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
Everytime i attack a scout with my ranger, they just block every single hit, or just slam away and 2shot me. If my purge should be up (not likely with all overpowered ministrels, another Mythic lovechild) they just engage me until my stun timer is up, or just melee me to death with Amethyst Slash (overpowered anyone?).

And if i get the occasionally jump on a scout: Engage, well in fact shield spec on an archer is so good he won't even need to engage me. He can just stroll towards me (who is wasting all my endurance for nothing), slam, and kill me. Very balanced :eek:.

Scouts should have their specpoints reduced, or shield spec completely removed. Then they would be on pair with the other archers.

Regards,
Vintervargen
LOL!
CLASSIC! :clap:

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
when I play my druid and a svg attack me I block almost everything coz they got so crappy WS !!!!!!!!!!
but when a scout attack me he hit for 1000 dmg every second ?!?!! I mean wtf ?!?! and I cant even face ????????????? they must be nerfed :(((((

regards
lorfo

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
Glottis - have you EVER played an archer class ?

Let's summarize:

Scout:
Range
Slam
Engage
FZ
IP
Purge

Ranger:
Dual Weild ( yet cant get Duelist Reflex)
IP
Purge
AP ( at high enough RR )
FZ

Hunter:
Spear/Sword 2h
Pet Interrupt / Follow
AP
Purge
IP
FZ

Looking at this - with an acher class that has a 9s stun ALL the time - and say on average someone NOT having purge up 24x7 - youre kinds screwed if he :

1) SLAMS ? since youre dead before stun wears
2) FZ - your dead before stun wears
3) Gets you unstealthed in the open ? ( all archers )

Archers Don't have to melee you with FZ - altho Scouts get a 2nd chance.

I recall some1 abusing the range at Druim Ligen making a few good realm ranks at killing AFK people Idle waiting for groups.

so really - vs ANY class - a ML8 soj archer is rather deadly. Scouts just have a little more advantage.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Stalkz said:
Scouts - Well for a Start they are an Alb class, so they automatically got an advantage over the other 2 Archers, Longer Range, Also able to use the Slowest Bow in the game (This means more dmg!!! omg!! for those nub FOTM Archers who thought slower bow just means less shots!) But the kicker is they can spec Shield! omg 42 Shield 4tw! Which basically means the following...

For a ranger that quit in disgust because of the FoTm rangers, they unlike you probably know scouts and rangers have access to the same bow at 5.8 speed :m00:

Your rangers CD halves our chance to block and evade

You have access to AP which is the I WIN RA

You only have 100 less range but far superior melee, if you dont spec 50 bow like a scout and use immolated for those "wtf" hits then its not the scouts problem, its yours

Like most rangers who moan about scout damage you ask them thier spec and they say 35 or 40 bow, go figure a scout with 45-50 bow will do more damage.

Stalkz said:

But you can melee him down very very quickly with AP, CD

Stalkz said:
2) You NEED purge to win a melee fight with a Scout if your a Ranger, if Purge is down, place head between legs, kiss ass goodbye.

AP is your friend, we have to spec 42 for slam, i would trade my shield spec for DW everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

Stalkz said:
3) They try to fool you that this means they have sucky melee, dont let this fool you, they can still block blows, evade, IP, Purge etc. But generally they do hit a bit like girls compared to the other 2 Archers (thats Ranjur and Hunter folks)

lol forget Ap did we?

Feel free to show me a scout hitting for 500-650 like a hunter, or a scout dealing the same kind of melee damage as a ranger

Pictures welcome of course :)

Stalkz said:
4) You Cannot shoot arrows at a Scout!! Did i say this before?? What does this mean?? Well its like being immune to your own form of damage, say we gave Casters the ability to totally negate all magic dmg? Or Savages the ability to totally negate all Melee dmg, just by equipping 1 item.

So basically thats my take on Archers in general...

Not much in Daoc i hate, but Scouts are firmly up there, along with Casters who can debuff they own dmg type (Come on Mythic ffs wake up)

Why would you need to shoot bow when you can happily melee a scout down, i understand hunters have problems but rangers... gimme a break.

Btw i think lethul and cougar are trying to wind people up with this post :)

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Angara said:
NO WAY!!!1 :twak:

hehehe you know as well as i do they are, just looking at the posts, cougar is on fine form while lethul is trying hard to uposet as many albs as possible :p

:cheers:

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
hehehe you know as well as i do they are, just looking at the posts, cougar is on fine form while lethul is trying hard to uposet as many albs as possible :p

qgr is v skilled!

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:

Cougar wouldnt do anything like that..Lethul is maybe a little more evul!
I wouldnt say they try to trick j00 guys meight...i think they are dead serious.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
all my guild friends rolling scouts :(

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
well i'm stuck in work , dealing with dum dums , so it's against company policey to shout and rant at them , so i take it out on here =)

nice stress relief imo =)

P.S Nerf Cougar imo ;P

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Stalkz said:
Rangers - ...and the shittiest specline of any DAOC Class (Pathfinding).

first i want 2 say good that u stoped playin ur Ranger cause ur dont know anything about it.

second: its ur advantage 2 not spec in Pathfinding, with bb this line is unnessary, u can spend the points in bow, melee and Stealth.

3rd: Which Scout fucked u that u QQing so much about em?

2 Point

1) u can shoot em just shoot em in there back.
2) we cant block ur CD hit, 1 of ur both hits will hit.
3) here ur right: But generally they do hit a bit like girls
4) u can shoot em in the back, and even when they block ur arrows they cant shoot at u with shield/weapon out. So thats just bs what u said.

edit:

Bait thread or not.

If u say something against Scouts ill protect em like an guard dog :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom