Sara scout - 29 slash or 29 thrust?

K

keludm

Got a sara scout coming up to 40 respec - hes thrust atm and does pretty lousy damage. Ill be speccing 29 in weapon skill and wondered if anyone has an opinion on whether slash or thrust is better for saras?

A

Apprentice

slash ofc.

even tho im drunk and scout dont have much str. id say slash is better.. at 29 u get amethyst style or what its called. thrust styles suxx except for DF

O

old.Wildfire

saracens - thrust
britons - slash
inconnu - stay at home, bloody gimps - i mean thrust

W

wilddork--

yeah rlly im saracan too.. trust did shit dmg only the style after block was k... take 29 slash and find some str buffs :p

N

nightsorrow

i have slash to, never had 29 thrust and RR5 though so....

T

TeslaUK

Prefer thrust myself, also Saracen. Evade like a loon, and get some of those thrust styles off :D

And when you do get a block in : man that style rocks, especially in RvR...(Beartooth? something like that)

S

skile

Riposte and amesthyslash combo is good. But the weaponskill is lousy really, and in duels vs tanks/wardens/bards/skalds/mayb SB's if IP you may run out of end and a high weaponskill with thrust makes u hit for a lot more unstyled.

K

K0nah

your 10% bonus vs leather wont do u much good if theyre evading every shot. some slash scout plz do a duel with an inf and have him drop the str debuff on u and post your weaponskill plz, for fun ;)

agree amy slash is a great style but with low str to begin with and a debuff ontop.. seems kinda illogical to me. beartooth is one kickass style for a scout, uses like 3% endurance and gives a 6sec stun WITH a high bonus-to-hit (unlike slam) and allows you to get one/two bow shots off...

G

Gethin

Thrust is the way to go as a saracen.

1) Thrust damage based upon str and dex ratings (Sara dex is the best). Slash is based upon str which is very low on saracens.

2) Majority of thrust styles utilise scout innate skills like block and evade. Some slash styles use the parry innate skill which we dont get.

I am thrust based although not that high (16)

Edit: Beartooth rocks )

Gethin
Master Scout
Strife

X

Ximadir

wow yeah go thrust then you even have less chance against a sb ;) If you wanna try to stand a chance against a sb go slash ,thrust got a 10% penalty against there leather so 26+10 hm ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ximadir
wow yeah go thrust then you even have less chance against a sb ;) If you wanna try to stand a chance against a sb go slash ,thrust got a 10% penalty against there leather so 26+10 hm ;)

If you are stopping at ~29 trains you stand no chance killing a SB in melee with either.

And NS are resistant to slash anyway :p

A

Arnor

neither, go max stealth&shield. then you will unlock the secret lvl and get the blue key

W

wilddork--

well the amount of SB is so so much bigger then the underpowerd ns.. thats why i choose slash :) and ofc for the great 29 atemyst slash

B

belth

Ok, let's hear the weapskills, 29-slash scouts? Str too?

S

sorusi

just a tought, ive noticed some scouts evade _alot_ wouldnt 50thrust for DF be good for a scout? =P

could get like 2shots off in that stun.. and have high melee skill

P

Pin

Originally posted by sorusi
just a tought, ive noticed some scouts evade _alot_ wouldnt 50thrust for DF be good for a scout? =P

could get like 2shots off in that stun.. and have high melee skill

:great:

W

wilddork--

well.. DF is only when you evade... and then you have to hit him.. when slam is anytime move :p

and you can use slam to defend casters/heals.. you cant with DF..

but yeah your Weaponskill would be higher

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by wilddork--
well.. DF is only when you evade... and then you have to hit him.. when slam is anytime move :p

and you can use slam to defend casters/heals.. you cant with DF..

but yeah your Weaponskill would be higher
forgetting that slam has no to hit and there for will be blocked/evaded/whatever :p

M

mac_kraakebolle

+to hit bonuses has NO effect on passing trough evade/block/parry onyl weaponskill does

+to hit only helps against plain misses

^
|
|

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Arnor2
neither, go max stealth&shield. then you will unlock the secret lvl and get the blue key

[Broadcast] Arnor: "iddqd"
[Broadcast] Arnor: "shit, mt"

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by belth
Ok, let's hear the weapskills, 29-slash scouts? Str too?
my friends saracen scout with 29slash has 640ws with sabre in hand :|

B

belth

No wonder scouts complain about crap melee... "My melee sucks but atleast my WS with bow and full buffs is 1700 xDDDDD"

Users who are viewing this thread