44cs vs. 39cs, slash vs. thrust

G

Galuder

A few days ago i panicked as i reliced that i will be gimped at lvl 50! Having no respec left (/cry). Hopefully i will get a respec in the near future (full or singel-line), and have started to work on my new spec. The big question then is what to do with CS? Do i go 44 or 39? what is the better, with 39 i get more dw, but is it worth to drop cs that low?
I am also a slash inf, so what is realy the pro/con for slash & thrust?

P.S : Plz if there is a slash inf out there, answer. since all thrust infs will probably say slash is crap. So share my experiance with me

G

greenfingers

it's not that Slash is crap, the dmg is better then Thrust, but Thrust styles are alot better then Slash ones ...
I mean, lvl 50 Slash, useable after lvl 29 all the time style vs lvl 50 after Evade style (9 sec stun) .. how often do you Evade as a Infi? .. like 45-50% .. right? :)

hint: all the styles with Thrust are based on Evade and position styles, block etc, while Slash are more Tank like ...

my 2½c, hf :p

B

belth

Pray tell me, how exactly is slash damage better than thrust?

S

Silenzio

44 cs ! u have enough point for dw... u will get more with rr n dr

face this... CS spec IS ur Damage...

thust vs slash

what race u r?

if sarecen u have a natural advantage in thrust...

if briton doest rlly matter...

been slash u have the advantage against other assassin armour table...

but u will be more vulnerable to enervating...

ecc

p.s.
df is nice ;P

T

Tualatin

slash has better anytime styles then trust, however the str debuff will hit harder when you're specced slash. Trust gives a 9sec stun when specced to 50.. Tho with slash you don't need to spec to 50, but you can put more into CS / DW.

I had both slash and trust infils, (lvl 24ish, both briton) capped on all stats.. And i really think the slash infil wins against the trust, but that's becoz thrust didn't gave a 9sec stun as it does @ 50 i think.

Take your pick on whatever you're planning to kill, and your spec. If you don't wanna spec weapon to 50, take slash imo. Otherwise thrust, because of the stun.. and the Str-debuff that won't hit as hard. Especially when ur saraceen.

Also the leather of other assasins might have a bonus with dmg when you're slash, but most lvl50's have melee resists capped..

F

Fagane

SB armor is vurnable towards slash I think, while resistant towards thrust.

Could be wrong,

Fagane

K

K0nah

Originally posted by belth
Pray tell me, how exactly is slash damage better than thrust?

cos it hits sb's 20% harder than thrust mayhaps? not to mention access to a 4.1spd for pa's and dw haste effect...

B

belth

Originally posted by K0nah
cos it hits sb's 20% harder than thrust mayhaps? not to mention access to a 4.1spd for pa's and dw haste effect...

SBs really shouldn't be such a horrible problem anymore... Still looking for a valid argument.

W

Wiro

Whatever you guys say, slash looks a LOT better than thrust :p

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Silenzio

been slash u have the advantage against other assassin armour table...

Only against sbs, not against the ns slash resistant leather armor. And sbs aren't the nemesis they were before 1.62, so anyways you don't need the armor table advantage now to stand a chance against em.

Plus thrust has advantage over slash against the non-steathers mid targets for an infil (skalds, healers, shammys*), and its neutral to all Hib.

* i don't include casters as your damage type doesnt means anything

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
Only against sbs, not against the ns slash resistant leather armor. And sbs aren't the nemesis they were before 1.62, so anyways you don't need the armor table advantage now to stand a chance against em.

Plus thrust has advantage over slash against the non-steathers mid targets for an infil (skalds, healers, shammys*), and its neutral to all Hib.

* i don't include casters as your damage type doesnt means anything

*cough*

i've a thrust inf :p

A

Appollo

Its very funny to DF a zerker just as he "rats", or DF a Sb after he just PA, CD, SS u and u win.

P

peder

lol, it dosent matter how you spec; Jox will slay you anyway!

D

dole

Ohh Jox saved me yesterday after i emotespammed him, while he was attacking me :clap: :m00:

Oh, and i think you should go 50 slash too if you want slash, since the debuff hits harder you will like the highest weaponspec/skill (for slash ---> if you just want high weaponskill go thrust :p ) :)

Users who are viewing this thread