Polearm Thrust/Slash

O

old.Kal

50 pole 44 thrust 37 parry for teh win!!

For teh completely useless to your group armsman !!!

Wow i can do 6XX damage !!!oneoen now only if the bad guys would stay still long enough for me to hit them twice !!!oenoen

Get yourself 42 shield boy :p

G

gunner440

Originally posted by -frostor-
hybridspec4tehwin!!11

1 Gunnerr Skiltvakten 3,077,074 2,476 50 Guardians of Light Highlander
2 Ialkarn 1,929,087 0 50 Black Falcons Highlander
3 Nukenin Pikon 1,553,520 0 50 Caballeros Pikones Highlander
4 Wildpt TheLion 1,517,142 4,741 50 Lusitania High Council Highlander
5 Calamore 1,480,462 8,876 50 ASq Briton

none of them are hybrids nanananana

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

singlespec4tehwin!111

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: Polearm Thrust/Slash

RPs = time
RPs != spec
*shrug*

o, btw...

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
no offence but: look at the dmg on the poles... it is diff... dono if it makes a diffrence...

No, that's just based on the dps of the weapon ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by katt!
no, it doesnt always raise cap. +str doesnt raise cap, but raises average damage.

well, ok. +weaponSPEC always raises cap. thats what I meant

S

Sacr

Thxz gunnerr well said as to the guy who said no use in grp

2 Ialkarn 1,929,087 0 50 Black Falcons Highlander

Point proven

hybirdfortehn00b who carnt take them while moving :p

F

-frostor-

50pole 42shield 39thrust rest parry will pwn u sacr :D
and the only thing why gunz wins from me is because thrust sucks vs plate

edit: None of them have alts :clap:

S

Sacr

dont really care i hit damn hard all i care about

and daoc isnt all about duels its about kill enemys in other realms so i really dont care

F

-frostor-

100qua pole and 50pole spec , ofco u hit hard

A

Aussie-

you're not even r5 and the spd of your pole is lower then crafted ones, so i doubt you hit harder ^^^^^^^^

S

Sacr

but i will be and i dont give a shit what people think.

O

old.Kal

dont really care i hit damn hard all i care about

and daoc isnt all about duels its about kill enemys in other realms so i really dont care

Hybrids dont win duels full spec does due to obviously having more damage and more parry (being almost useless in rvr)...and full pole = terrible spec imo...full 2h being better due to the better availability of stuns but for group protection and effectiveness hybrid is easily the best imo :p

O

old.LandShark

Seriously, how can you even claim that defender's aegis and 50 instead of 44 spec affects your damage that much? It's not much to give up for slam imo, but then I'm not an arms ;>
Personally, I'm sure any of those armsmen would have done just as well with a hybrid spec as with their full 2H/pole specs.

Kal btw - bear in mind parry should work as well in RvR in 1.62 as it does in PvE atm... i.e. actually requires multiple people to be hitting you before your parry rate goes through the floor, instead of merely one guy who happens to be in a group :mad:

Out of curiousity - what do Ialk, Gunner etc use often in RvR? Anytime and positionals presumably? I guess also the polers try to use defender's rage when they can?

O

old.Kal

its a useless rvr spec imo not because its bugged but because the enemy tanks are very rarely going to be hitting you(even rarer that they will be hitting u from front on), only noobs will or all your support classes are dead already because you couldnt stun the enemy fast enough and youve lost anyway :)

Parry is only good in pve and duels.

Same basically applies to defenders rage combo (they even have to style against you (support classes dont have styles incase anyone didnt notice, bar say a warden and good luck getting through pbt with polearm)) hence no decent stun on polearm chain and so your never going to be able to hit any person that gets a slight head start on sprinting away from you or has end chant when you dont. If the first thing you do is run up and slam you also have a much greater chance of killing them before they qc root mez stun pbaoe etc...

Another advantage of hybrid is the ability to switch to 1h to get through pbt whenever you feel like it.

You can also defend your casters a lot more easily with guard and slam than you can with the stuns on 2h and you have no chance with polearm.

Hybrids are so much more useful. And you cant argue that there is a huge damage variance as there obviously isn't...

Small shields r the win for slam btw lot less end usage and much faster swing speed.

O

old.LandShark

I repeat, parry won't be useless in a patch or two. Hell, given the checking order is Parry? -> Block? -> Evade? -> Ouch
You might find pure polers parrying as much as slammers currently block...

O

old.LandShark

Oh, I agree mate, just saying that parry is only 'useless in rvr' atm because it's bugged. I'd never spec not to have slam if it was available to me... it's just too powerful an ability to pass up on for almost any amount of damage.

O

old.Kal

Oh, I agree mate, just saying that parry is only 'useless in rvr' atm because it's bugged

Arghhhhhhhhhh the only thing thats bugged is the rate at which it parries its still not going to be useful for the reasons i bloody put in my post !!! Its still going to be useless when they fix it because the only thing you are going to be parrying is enemy tanks which will not be hitting on you unless your supports classes have already hit the dirt (or they are stupid enough to break a mezz on a tankbefore killing support). And even when they are they need to be hitting you from the front. Its not worth the points unless you want to be uber in pve or duels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom