RVR for order is a joke

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive noticed that if you get knocked back normally then you dont take damage, but if your a loon like me and jump all the time.

If you get knocked back while you jump you take falling damage.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Why the witchelf die then? :) Both fell pretty much from same spot no "wall" interruptions on the way down, just free fall, zealot fell down ran off, witch elf fell down and splat.

Did they fall? or did you knock them off with a knockback?

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Most servers that have full destro, also have full order. I think this is what Iorlas is meaning, so the in game numbers are fairly balanced.

And the other servers are usually fairly close, i.e. med/med at peak but may drop to low/med offpeak etc

The difference between Med and Low is pretty significant. Plucking an arbitrary number of 1500 per side, Low would be 500, Med 1000, and High 1500. So in reality the difference between Low and Med is exactly DOUBLE.. 2:1 odds is pretty crappy in anyone's book.

With the recent trend of frustrated Order glory hunters migrating to Destruction things will only get worse. Admittedly the problem isn't as bad here as it is on the US servers, but its still pretty widespread, and very noticable.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It's more likely that low/med/high will cover a range of numbers though so low/med could be anything from 499/500 to 1/1499 in those examples. It doesn't say much about balance, which is again relative to how many people are chosing to rvr as opposed to sitting in a t3 warcamp waiting for Tor Anroc :(

I was looking down the server list at around 11gmt last night and all the servers except 1 german server was equal(it was low/med at the time) so I think overall we have it pretty good.

People will always find the most obvious thing to blame their losses on, whatever the population is, you're never going to get everyone in the server in 1 zone anyway so it depends on who is overpopulating a certain zone at the time

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Of course its a rough estimate, but I do think your burying your head in the sand somewhat by just dismissing it. There is a definite trend towards Destruction. GOA being what they are, obviously we have none of the nice toys that the US does, but this site defines the issue quite well.

Warhammer Online Server Population Balance | The eTillberg

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Of course its a rough estimate, but I do think your burying your head in the sand somewhat by just dismissing it. There is a definite trend towards Destruction. GOA being what they are, obviously we have none of the nice toys that the US does, but this site defines the issue quite well.

Warhammer Online Server Population Balance | The eTillberg

That site has already been thrown around VN and it's apprently fairly wrong. MJ has stated those numbers are way off, and you can probably appreciate why, they are simply the number of people in guilds on the herald. It does not account for alts, unguilded people, inactive people or placeholder characters etc, it probably doesn't also include people that didn't pre order as the US herald has issues updating, and ppl who opened their accounts after 18th sept chars are not showing/updating properly.

There will always be a trend towards the bad guys, thats unavoidable really but so far from our server select screen it doens't look like we have this issue. That is the only indication at the moment as there isnt much going on yet, it's pretty much impossible to say who will be doing what for a month at least.
Like I said above, while destro may have more people on the servers which aint full (marginally?) it depends on how many people are in what tier, doing what etc, e.g if Order have 40 ppl in Praag taking keeps, and only 1 group of destro show up to defend, population doesn't really mean much :)

Also, Mythic have already released numbers on their sales, 500k accounts in week 1 apparently, that site only contains 170k characters last updated 1 week after launch.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
After a bit of reading on other forums around the internet I'm becoming more and more convinced you guys are deluding yourselves or you all play destro and are trying to play this whole thing down.

The Escapist : News : First Warhammer Online City Siege Gets Failing Marks

a sign of things to come I think.

Since release on axe bit pass the destros have had all of the keeps throughout all tiers and as a result getting renown gear has been very difficult. Only recently have order been taking back some keeps, but if we hold them for longer than a few hours I think it's a real achievement.

if you keep reading you will see they captured due to a bug in the postern door

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
The difference between Med and Low is pretty significant. Plucking an arbitrary number of 1500 per side, Low would be 500, Med 1000, and High 1500. So in reality the difference between Low and Med is exactly DOUBLE.. 2:1 odds is pretty crappy in anyone's book.

With the recent trend of frustrated Order glory hunters migrating to Destruction things will only get worse. Admittedly the problem isn't as bad here as it is on the US servers, but its still pretty widespread, and very noticable.

Plucking random numbers is nothing more than speculation you do not know any figures you are surmising which means nothing.You are now suddenly refering to low/med populated servers.....
I'm on a server which is basically full on both sides at peak time, I have a maybe 50 queue on Order and the Destro guys I have seen queues up to 800.
..thats what you said so, lets keep it to that not guess numbers on servers that have no effect on the one you play on.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Order being outnumbered fits in with the lore better :) shame I dont play on an RP server.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
war-pop.jpg

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

well, he has a good point if he says that if a server has queues on both sides that you can`t say there is a population imbalance (well, at least during the time it says full for both sides)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
well, he has a good point if he says that if a server has queues on both sides that you can`t say there is a population imbalance (well, at least during the time it says full for both sides)

That was actually what I posted, he tried to quote it and it ended up actually looking like part of his post.

But that was never the issue, i'm saying that overall, there are more Destruction players than Order. There are exceptions to the rule, some servers ARE full on both sides, but generally they will be more full on the Destruction side. So as populations dwindle, the balance will shift to Destruction.

I'm not sure how you can even think that its not an issue, jeez just do a Google for 'warhammer population imbalance' there are about 2 billion blogs about it.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Code:
Last Update: Wednesday, September 25, 10 AM

Overall - Order: 69811, Destruction: 102576, Ratio = 1:1.5

a partial statistic about a) characters that are b) guilded dating from c) 13 days ago (7 days after launch) from d) the US...

i`ve seen augers get more accurate figures by analyzing entrails of chickens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom