RVR for order is a joke

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I think its really balanced atm

inb4 says the BW

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I think L2P comes to mind!

I love my Chaotic Rift ability to use in Scenarios, but both side of these scenarios win and lose. It all depends on the people that are there playing. Just because you and your guild suck doesn't mean that destro are overpowered.

Hope you're on Eight Peaks ... I wouldn't mind slapping you with my staff a few times :D

Get fucked you utter twat and leave my guild mates out of it. L2P is the battlecry of the 24/7 grinding loser with no job to go to. Me and all my guild mates all have full time jobs to go to so we're not all clad in the best gear like you lot must be. You must be so busy grinding that next shiney bit of kit so hard that you didn't notice me mentioning several times that I'm on axe bite pass. Dick!

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Get fucked you utter twat and leave my guild mates out of it. L2P is the battlecry of the 24/7 grinding loser with no job to go to. Me and all my guild mates all have full time jobs to go to so we're not all clad in the best gear like you lot must be. You must be so busy grinding that next shiney bit of kit so hard that you didn't notice me mentioning several times that I'm on axe bite pass. Dick!

Awwwww, shame I work 5 days a week from 8am until 5:30pm!

However I stand by my comment of L2P to you and your guild.

Zede

Part of the furniture
the game is young

seriously just pve to 40, rvr for a month then complain

im sure lots will complain, forever.

00dave

Awwwww, shame I work 5 days a week from 8am until 5:30pm!

However I stand by my comment of L2P to you and your guild.

Odd hours for a rent boy :confused:

I don't know why I get drawn into these internet arguments, I'm nowhere near arrogant and self assured enough to convince myself that I'm better than everyone else. But I will give it a go.

Are you actually French because that would explain so much.

And I'll stand by my comment of leave my guild alone you twat. At the end of the day they're not complaining, I am, in fact they're all wrapped up in how much fun they're having they don't even notice they're losing. And most are from a former WoW PVP guild that dominated before the premade nerf disaster.

Jeros

Part of the furniture

I don't know why I get drawn into these internet arguments, I'm nowhere near arrogant and self assured enough to convince myself that I'm better than everyone else. But I will give it a go.

And I'll stand by my comment of leave my guild alone you twat. At the end of the day they're not complaining, I am, in fact they're all wrapped up in how much fun they're having they don't even notice they're losing. And most are from a former WoW PVP guild that dominated before the premade nerf disaster.

Well done on making yourself look like a idiot, grow up

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Why don't you shut up and fuck off. If these classes are giving you trouble you must be shit because my warrior priest cannot outheal the damage being done to him as his heals are all hots and his damage is rubbish. I haven't played a BW but if they're the only decent class on teh order side no wonder we're losing so badly.

wait what? you cant out HoT a melee DPS hitting you? the only class you should have anything even remotely close to a problem with is sorcs and witch elfs...

i've tried to 1v1 a WP on both my chosen and my black orc and neither of them could sustain enough DPS over a long enough period of time to even get them below 50%. and if i actually did manage it they just pop that insta heal build up thingy (forgot the name).

a properly played warrior priest / diciple of khain are at the moment near impossible to kill 1v1. or rather healers in general (tho some are "easier" then others) unless you are a witch hunter / witch elf, and even then it can be a gamble.

i'm gonna be so smug when healers get their lower / mid lvl nerfs because right now theres nothing as overpowered as they are.

if you die to anything other then a well played witch hunter / sorc 1v1 its because of your playstyle, not the class.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie

Hehe you make me laugh. I'm guessing you're still in your teens and not really left the country you currently live in. Trying to insult me because I live in France kind of proves a lot of facts that you're a racist among other things.

So you're from a WoW PvP guild that dominated your realm .... well if this was the case you wouldn't have been whining and complaining in the first place. If you know how to play your class then you should be doing just fine, but the pvp in WAR isn't the same as WoW ... you actually need to use some tactics and know what to do ... it's not like WoW roll your face on the keyboard to kill someone.

If I was a rent boy would you be interested in paying for my services? I'm sure you could use some to get rid of some of that frustration!!

00dave

What on an internet forum, but that's exactly why I come here. Anonymity rules.

To stop the flame war for a minute I have had an epiphany. Perhaps our WoW background is hampering us as we're probably up against ex DAoC players who have a tiny advantage with reguards to play style. WoW was a very low skill game that could be summed up with the formula: gear + addons = win. Never played DAoC so this theory is purely speculation.

Ok continue the flaming.

00dave

Hehe you make me laugh. I'm guessing you're still in your teens and not really left the country you currently live in. Trying to insult me because I live in France kind of proves a lot of facts that you're a racist among other things.

I feel this is bait to draw me out to defend myself but ok I'll bite. I am in my late 20s and have served in the royal air force and have been to places you will never go :) and I'm not racist I just hate the French :) which is a national requirement in Britain and more recently America.

If I was a rent boy would you be interested in paying for my services? I'm sure you could use some to get rid of some of that frustration!!

Nah I'd go for the higher class that I'm used to tbh.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I feel this is bait to draw me out to defend myself but ok I'll bite. I am in my late 20s and have served in the royal air force and have been to places you will never go :) and I'm not racist I just hate the French :) which is a national requirement in Britain and more recently America.

Nah I'd go for the higher class that I'm used to tbh.

I'll fill you in a bit about myself then ;)

I'm also in my late 20s and served in the British Army and I probably have been to a lot of places and seen a lot of things that many people will never seen apart from on the news or over the net.

I'm not French, I'm British, but I have an open mind. I don't hate the French because it's the British thing to do because of things that happens ages and ages ago before we were even born. A very large majority of people hate other nations, but have yet to experience their culture and the people themselves.

After living in Paris for 3 years I have to say that the French have better manners and are over all a kinder bunch of people compared to what I've seen when I used to live in the UK. Also France doesn't suffer from the chav problem ... oh and one thing I used to hate back in the Uk was the over weight women who would always wear clothes to go out drinking that were way too small that used to show all that fat hanging out over their hips and way too much makeup .... eek!!

Bottom line you shouldn't judge a country and it's people until you've experienced it, lived with them and made friends with people from that country.

On a side note ... the higher class are only 50p more experienced and they don't give good reach arounds like us common class rent boys do! We've got skills! So that 50p you're wasting could be put to better use!

Oh and before I go to bed, people that played DAoC will have a better understand and knowledge of the combat system and how it's meant to be played compared to people who have only ever played WoW. WAR isn't gear dependent or addon heavy like WoW was. It will take time, but my suggest would be to watch videos of people play the class you play to see how they do things to try and learn and apply that to your play style.

00dave

You see how a well written and informative post can end a flame war. That and I'm far too tired to continue :)

Your last comment there was really all I was looking for when I started this thread. I want reassurance and advice, not flames and the l2p comments that people reach for, just to get a rise it would seem. You have to understand I'd just come from a huge defeat where the pug I was in was steamrolled without effort by another pug and that seems to be the theme since the game began. I did try a new tactic on my wp tonight that seemed to improve one thing but at the same time make other things worse, so I will endevour to find that happy medium.

On a side note when you go for the higher class you're really going for image not quality.

On another side note I still hate the French (bad experience with some of them at pideux [spelling] robbing arrogant bastards)

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Playing on Karaz-a-Karak i can say the scenarios have gone both ways ( tier 1 ) .

Playing on destro there with a Black Orc Rank 11 RR 10.
Scenarios are normally around 50/50 on win/lose . All depends on what classes order has .
Lately more WP/AM/ Rune have been appearing and then destro have trouble keeping up as we seem to have fewer Shamans / Zealots / Doks .

Speaking from experience playing against WP's , i simply cannot kill one in a 1v1(unless it's a lot lower rank so doesn't have the abilities that a similar rank has ) so i've no idea what is causing you to have difficulty .

I also play on Karag Dron as order with a SM Rank 10 RR 9.

Scenarios on this server also seem to go both ways , so i would guess it's simply down to the classes that you are in the scenario with / how they are playing and importantly , what rank they are .

I've noticed it's much easier to win a scenario if your sides ranks ( before boost if below 8 ) are higher than the other side .
I've been in scenarios where the side i'm playing has been steamrolled simply because the other side had mainly Rank 10/11 characters to our ranks 5-8's :p

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Old news tbh, mythic had many many years to balance daoc and they did with big failure. That they would manage in WaR you can forget.

I dont think they ever will,However it might get slightly better in several months but not balanced for real.Game is also in early stage but quick compare.

DAoc.

Shadowblades totally chewedup infils scouts and pure tanks in daoc the 1st 1-2 years with buffbot etc perma end and way overpowerd LA i could in basic win quite easy 1 VS 3.

Mythic let this be for some years without really knowing/careing what to do.

ps! Might also be that you are a trash pvp player and your guildgroup blows...Not saying you are but huge diffrence in GG with ppl knowing how to play and use right tactic then playing in GG with less clueless ppl

Kaleii

Fledgling Freddie
Why don't you shut up and fuck off. If these classes are giving you trouble you must be shit because my warrior priest cannot outheal the damage being done to him as his heals are all hots and his damage is rubbish. I haven't played a BW but if they're the only decent class on teh order side no wonder we're losing so badly.

And thank you Ch3tan for you constructive comments and for suprisingly remembering my old barrysworld name :)

I found this post pretty funny, coming from a WP.
about a week(?) ago I was questing in troll country on my Squig Herder, find a WP fighting a mob, send my squig in on him, start "dpsing"..said and done I couldn't get him below 60%, his hots fully negated my dmg.
He starts running after me, I try to kite, my root bugs out and he gets in melee range, 2 hits and I'm at 40%..now here's the funny part:

Shaman and another squig herder shows up, now it's 3v1, surely we must be able to kill him fast now?
Not at all, he kills the shaman and almost kills me before I and the other squig herder can kill him; he was 2 levels lower than me as well..

Make of that what you will.

Valdur

Fledgling Freddie
I'm overpowered? Yay! Always wanted to be overpowered ;)

In truth, though, we are hard to kill and, if specced salvation, very good group healers. Specced that way, though, we can barely hurt a fly. But then I've always liked flies, pretty... *mumbles to himself and falls into bed*

QFT
As a R25 WP Grace/Salvation specced, I can say that we are hard to kill but can't really kill anyone alone.As long as a WP don`t try to tank he can turn even the most desperate situation into hope.We cripple,buff and debuff and support heal.Choose wisely what you put in your Career/Renown tactics slot and morale abilities.

Use "Purge" on Chosen,Marauders and BlacK Orks to remove their enchantments it helps dps put them down faster and they do less dmg @ your Tank and it also build RF...Divine Protection can save your team(if you are playing as a team) from massive AoE,use 'Smite' to dmg several opponents in front of you and build RF at the same time.

OP the classes are fine it's just the population imbalance that sucked and by Zerging they control every Keep and all Renown merchants...yeah it sucked being bald with a skirt and a Hammer in your hand :p

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I play an ironbreaker. I can go head to head with the best of their tanks when its 1 - 1. However Im more likely to get swamped under as Im one of the few that heads straight to the back ranks and goes for the casters not tanks. If we get to the flag (or what ever it is) first we stand a good chance of a decent score and sometimes a win. However its always an upwards struggle if destro get there first. Id say we lose maybe 7/10 on our server. I think from my point of view its usually because the order are only just getting onto those areas. This is usually evident by looking at the lvls of the mobs. Take yesterday for instance. I did a zone where I was amongstt he lowest lvls in the zone (Im lvl 23). Destro were all around the 28/29 lvl. So they have been doing thoses zones longer - know what to do and are of course higher lvl. By the time I get to the higher lvs fot those zone the tables turn and we win them.
So I think ofter its more down to destro having had more experience in said zones. When we get a lot more of us to lvl 40 I expect to see things even out more.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I play an ironbreaker. I can go head to head with the best of their tanks when its 1 - 1. However Im more likely to get swamped under as Im one of the few that heads straight to the back ranks and goes for the casters not tanks. If we get to the flag (or what ever it is) first we stand a good chance of a decent score and sometimes a win. However its always an upwards struggle if destro get there first. Id say we lose maybe 7/10 on our server. I think from my point of view its usually because the order are only just getting onto those areas. This is usually evident by looking at the lvls of the mobs. Take yesterday for instance. I did a zone where I was amongstt he lowest lvls in the zone (Im lvl 23). Destro were all around the 28/29 lvl. So they have been doing thoses zones longer - know what to do and are of course higher lvl. By the time I get to the higher lvs fot those zone the tables turn and we win them.
So I think ofter its more down to destro having had more experience in said zones. When we get a lot more of us to lvl 40 I expect to see things even out more.

you need to protect your healers and knockback stuff tbh, dont try to DPS casters :)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
WP not healing good? hmmm.... we run 2 wp's for healing and having no problems at all staying alive.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think there is a major issue. In Tier 1 and 2 I have run with Bright Wizard and Ironbreaker and although we lose more often than not in the empire areas we tend to win more in the elf areas.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of a tank for Empire, the Knight of the Blazing Sun would be welcome back. This makes it very hard for the 'squishy' DPS types like the BW to stay alive long enough to make a difference, particularly in tier 1 when chars dont switch realms as much.

Getting hammered by an Alb zerg in DAOC never put me off the game, so a bit of a tough run against destruction tanks certainly wont put me off WAR.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
ps! Might also be that you are a trash pvp player and your guildgroup blows...Not saying you are but huge diffrence in GG with ppl knowing how to play and use right tactic then playing in GG with less clueless ppl

This is the truth ^^^ It sounds like it might just come down to some practice and experience, the game does change a fair bit as you progress through the tiers.

Order is fine and WP are fine, infact they are a very strong class. imo they just need to mirror the dok a little more

There are some classes in the game that appear a bit gimp, these are not exclusive to Order, and WP isn't one of them.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
People are still learning their classes, people are still suffering from level based inferior skill selection, people are still suffering from relative gear levels.

I've been playing an archmage beyond lvl 11 at last (deleted and rerolled loads of classes as I've been having so much fun in T1 scenarios - this is USA based servers by the way), presently lvl 15.

I'm usually the top healer in scenarios (T1 &T2), at worst 2nd, no matter the level advantage of other healers, and have noticed if Order has as many high levels in the scenario as Destruction, then we are very competitive 'as long as we have good healing available'. You just have to look at the scenario numbers at the start, and you know the outcome before the countdown timer has run out. Yes when Order gets to be in the same situation as players on Destruction have levelled out, then the shoe is on the other foot.

If someone or a couple of someones are looking after me, we can do really well and get great fights. If I have 2 or 3 Destruction on me, I can just about keep myself up. At lvl 14, I had a couple on me lvl 19 and 21, and was able to keep myself up, but it was hard to spare a few heals for others.

Bottom line is, if attacked, I cannot attack, I can only defend via heals, detaunts, and damage abs buffs (and a prolific use of pots - we need more pot drops in scenarios so people can practice using them, imho).

When you know how to use those things, you can do a lot to help your team stay on its feet.

At lvl 14, most scenarios I was around 70k healed, and we still lost most scenarios due to pretty bad level differences (and also gear differences as well, there's huge differences in low teen and high teen gear) and people learning to play with new abilities.

At lvl 12, I went to the AH and bought a full set of lvl 13 gear ready (slightly better stuff than the renown gear, though I am using renown jewellery now), which has been a great help, and I think it's a great comment about the game that I was able to afford to buy all that stuff at level 12, with money obtained entirely from playing scenarios along with the player kill quests associated with them. :clap:

I have now had some nice drops from scenarios to 'grow into' along the way too. Also nice to note, people are beginning to get used to helping each other out (on my server anyway, and I'm sure this must be happening elsewhere too), and the incidence of people rolling need on items not for their class, is already almost gone, and if people 'already' have that item for their class, they will now click 'pass' rather than greed even. :cheers:

I for one am not worried at all at population differences when we hit cap. Yes it will be harder for Order, but we will just have to play better, and we get to have a lot more fun in the process.

Those outnumbered, usually do (which is why I always play the underdog side). :)

Overall, I think the class balance between Order and Destruction is pretty darned good (it doesn't have to be perfect, just 'good enough'), I've watched some outstanding Destruction healers in action, and I'd put their abilities as well matched. Obviously with all the classes there are some tweaks likely needed here and there, but I'd put those tweaks as being pretty minor over all.

This ain't a bad state for the game to be in so soon after release, imho. :clap:

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
As the timer had run out a pretty important PS:

I'd just like to thank those PvE players that are putting decent quantities of good gear on the AH, mostly with sensible prices, that are helping the PvP'rs get a good selection of stuff available to them. It definitely makes a difference, and I think it's about time (long past overdue even) us Pvp'rs recognised the great contribution the PvE'rs are making.

:clap::clap::clap:

pariah

Fledgling Freddie
The server I am on has only a slightly higher destro population than order and currently in Tier 3 we have been kicking them out of every keep and having massive 1hr+ defence battles at various locations. But in Tier 2 destro own the map. This could all change as more destro arrive in tier 3 but I think atm there fairly balanced fights and I dont think either side has any real class imbalance, we just have a well organized force that are all on vent and it seems the destro side lack the comunication so probably arent. :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
This thread is full of win.

I still don't know if someone is getting rolled in scenarios or open RvR and I don't understand what CLA is doing in here with all the advices. Afair there are not as many bridges in Warhammer as in DAoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom