Runemaster damage, just too much?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Zebolt said:
Surprise Surprise I've tried in game !!!!

and you still dont know that dps aint the same as dmg per hit

scary really :eek7:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
and you still dont know that dps aint the same as dmg per hit

scary really :eek7:
So a higher dps means less dmg now? lol xD

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
Y all the whine about bolts? they are on 20s timer and are only good vs casters :p

utter shit imho, in a 1 vs 1 fight u bolt at full range then use dds, u got a good chance of taking them down. Which is a hell of a lot better than dd'ing then from full range

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Hitting 250 every second is higher DPS than 500 every 5s. ;)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
lets make this a excal vs prydwen thread.

(lethul is a newbie)

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Yeah, Healers, Shammys, Bards, Druids and Clerics are realy such leechers :m00:
thats pretty fucking obvious that they are members of a grp ^^
what i was saying is that pure caster and support grps are being more effective than mixed tank caster and support grps as of lately and that's a scary evolution imo.
bad for the game as everyone doesent like playing casters.

try read and comprehend stuff instead of looking for faults in others posts and maybe you'll learn something.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
as i said... scary
You can't even understand common english apparently.. where did I say I thought it was dmg per hit? no where ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
what i was saying is that pure caster and support grps are being more effective than mixed tank caster and support grps as of lately and that's a scary evolution imo.

try read and comprehend stuff instead of looking for faults in others posts and maybe you'll learn something.
Such aggressions, I was joking.. chill xD

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
ian_heaps said:
utter shit imho, in a 1 vs 1 fight u bolt at full range then use dds, u got a good chance of taking them down. Which is a hell of a lot better than dd'ing then from full range

if its 1 on 1 caster on caster then whoever gets jump wins anyway. If its 1:1 caster vs tank then bolts arnt gr8 vs you anyway. They are good solo tho but when i made that post i was refering to fg:fg not 1:1 as 1:1 the timer dosnt rly mean much.

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:

lol? tbh i absolutly love playing casters

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Roadie said:
if its 1 on 1 caster on caster then whoever gets jump wins anyway.
Thats not true, I bet you beat a lot of those noob casters that jump you as most high rr casters does ^^

I even took a theurg who got 4 pets out on me before I saw him last night.. But thats a very rare sight. Warder rawkz xD

Helme

Resident Freddy
TiwiS said:
lol? tbh i absolutly love playing casters

Well are you EVERYONE? still people who prefer tanks over casters, might not be you but theres still other.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
Well are you EVERYONE? still people who prefer tanks over casters, might not be you but theres still other.
What of those who preferred casters and got shafted for about 8 patches prior to toa. :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Bumping semi old threads ftw.

Simple reason runies > wiz

Runie:
Single Target Direct Dmg. Type: Cold Range: 1500
47 Greater Rune of Shadow 219.6 2.8 sec. 30P Enemy

Wiz:
Single Target Direct Dmg. Type: Heat Range: 1500
47 Major Conflagration 219.6 2.8 sec. 30P Enemy

Heat/cold resist buffs on alb = friar .. seen one active friar in weeks.
Heat/cold resists on mid = shammy. Theres one in nearly every group.

Typical shaman has 44-46 aug, o look the 24% resist buff is at 43spec. So 24% extra damage for the runies really vs wizzies :<

Ofc hibs have both cold and heat resists due to druids in every grp but I won't even start on that :(

Cozak

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:

Runie:

Wiz:

Typical shaman has 44-46 aug, o look the 24% resist buff is at 43spec. So 24% extra damage for the runies really vs wizzies :<

Ofc hibs have both cold and heat resists due to druids in every grp but I won't even start on that :(

Blame Mids albs dont run with friars? :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Blame Mids albs dont run with friars? :p
Albs dont run with friars for the simple reason the 'core' abilities are spread too thinly across the classes.

Lets see,

Sorc (mez)
Cleric
Cleric
Pala (end regen)
Minstrel(speed)
Friar (2ndary healer + resists)

That leaves 2 spots and there isnt a wizard, theurgist, merc, cabalist in sight yet. So something has to go, usually the friar and gets replaced by a higher damage class :E (some ppl drop the pala/mincer too ><)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Since NF I would probably run with a Friar if I tried to set-up a fixed Alb group :p

Be something like Cleric Cleric Sorc Paladin Friar Reaver Theurg Caba

Minstrel for speed ain't that needed, and the Friar has resists, battlemaster, static tempest etc :p And is decent in melee. Purple cold resist + 2x baod'ers = QQ more runies ^^...that is if they can get spells off in static tempest + thornweed field spam :D

Still runemasters > Wizards tho, they alteast get a decent nearsight as darkness spec, and if they spec runecarving they get bolts+debuffunkes (I think bolts+debuffnuking will give a runemaster higher dps at the end of the day and should probably be the most feared spec)

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:

lol your logic is about as solid as an unclaimed keep door ...

you state: everyone prefers tanks over casters
i state: i don't prefer tanks over casters
conclusions: not everyone prefers tanks over casters

morron

remi

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:

Runie:

Wiz:

wizzy can bolt on all other realm, WITHOUT spec af buff.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
bigchief said:

That has nothing to do with who's the better caster rly. Thats like saying BD's are worse in melee than RM's cuz' my BD got killed by an infil but I took a naked merc using trainers weapons with my RM xD

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Still runemasters > Wizards tho, they alteast get a decent nearsight as darkness spec, and if they spec runecarving they get bolts+debuffunkes (I think bolts+debuffnuking will give a runemaster higher dps at the end of the day and should probably be the most feared spec)
And wizards still get a decent bolt in the fire spec like ^^

But what rly I wonder is.. Ppl keep talking about the dps on SM's etc. But I take down allmost every target in 3-4 hits (like 5 sec maybe?). How long does it take for a SM to nuke more dmg than me in total? 10 sec? By then the target is allready dead and the RM was indeed faster to kill. This still makes the SM better in many ppls eyes, but imo the dps system is rly quite flawed since I never take that long to kill anyone anyway.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
TiwiS said:

morron
I don't know if you are not from england and maybe have trouble with the language, cuz' you are rly wrong here. He said, "as everyone doesent like playing casters." which in the english language doesn't mean that everyone like playing a tank over caster. It means that some like to play tanks over casters and some like to play casters over tanks.. So read and learn before you start calling ppl morons when it's actually the other way around xD

Lethul

FH is my second home
Zebolt said:
And wizards still get a decent bolt in the fire spec like ^^

But what rly I wonder is.. Ppl keep talking about the dps on SM's etc. But I take down allmost every target in 3-4 hits (like 5 sec maybe?). How long does it take for a SM to nuke more dmg than me in total? 10 sec? By then the target is allready dead and the RM was indeed faster to kill. This still makes the SM better in many ppls eyes, but imo the dps system is rly quite flawed since I never take that long to kill anyone anyway.

as there aint no frontload effect in casters damg calc he will outdmg you from the beginning, big soz :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Old.Ilum said:
Since NF I would probably run with a Friar if I tried to set-up a fixed Alb group :p

Be something like Cleric Cleric Sorc Paladin Friar Reaver Theurg Caba

Minstrel for speed ain't that needed, and the Friar has resists, battlemaster, static tempest etc :p And is decent in melee. Purple cold resist + 2x baod'ers = QQ more runies ^^...that is if they can get spells off in static tempest + thornweed field spam :D

its not exactly difficult to move out of twf/st tho

we run cleric cleric sorc paladin reaver merc theurg caba atm and its quite effective ;)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
its not exactly difficult to move out of twf/st tho

we run cleric cleric sorc paladin reaver merc theurg caba atm and its quite effective ;)

well it's not really difficult to move out of ST in itself, but if you are snared+diseased, and maybe encumbered by banelord, it will be a hell i reckon :p

Helme

Resident Freddy
TiwiS said:

morron

Your reading comprehension baffles me, you said lol tbh i love playing casters with the qouted part of sayin that not everyone likes playing casters, then i said that you wasnt everyone and there was still people who liked tanks over casters, then you jump me becouse of poor reading ability? k

Lethul

FH is my second home
Old.Ilum said:
well it's not really difficult to move out of ST in itself, but if you are snared+diseased, and maybe encumbered by banelord, it will be a hell i reckon :p

nobody should ever be encumbered by a banelord (base str my dear friend :p), and the area is quite small tbh. ive played with friar, against mentas, from what ive seen it aint really that great (maybe the friars ive played with are crap :p). id prefer a banelord merc with charge running around killing ppl anyday (might change my mind if i see a good friar someday :p). Stacking twf might be evil, but that would mean having 2 friars in grp and im really unsure about that, maybe 1 cleric 1 high rejuv friar 1 staff or something then :p. Id doubt we want to change our setup anytime soon tho when we have finally start playing decent again :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom