Runemaster damage, just too much?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Lately I've been hit for such insane damage by runemasters its just sickening.
Here you can see the damage I take of a RR7 runemaster (if the picture is a bit blurry it says 1063 damage...).
I have 26% cold resist and Avoidance of Magic 2 took that esp. to avoid being nuked hard but these numbers are just too much really.
Tested some with a fire wiz (who is rr9 almost 10) who was nuking me without falloff damage for 512 damage (that is without crit) saying you can get 50% crit max in RvR means he could max hit me for 768 damage, mids have 20% power from relics but even then 512 would become 615ish and a 50% crit would become 922-923.
Now when reading the manual saying wizards abandoned utility for damage but yet they cant hit as hard as a runemaster who got 5 times the utility a wizard has.

Seeing as they nuke faster (having classes that have more dex at the start) nuke way harder and have tons more utility...
And to think runemasters nuke me for this damage while I am NOT cold debuffed which makes me wonder what insane damage they would do if I was debuffed.
Being nuked for 500-600 is no problem but 1k is just way over the top I can just aswell walk around with no resists since obviously its not helping 1 bit.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Lucky crit maybe? Wizards have the capability to do that damage as well with 31% cold + Aom2 + red cold resist buffs on my thane Erodafira (sp?) used to nuke me for 700+ every hit.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes its pretty sickening to be hit for that sort of damage but there is reason for it.

Most Casters have 25% resist pierce atm. meaning your resist's are kind of null and Void, add in the fact that the mids have a 20% relic boost to there damage on that server and a caster is pretty much going to hit you for cap damage most nukes. Then throw in a little WP / MoM and those 1k hits are probably normal enough for a caster of that RR and in that position.

Thankfully the problem gets sort of addressed soonish. Resist pierce will be capped at 10% soon and with NF moArt is Gone so reducing there DPS again in the long term by a bit. This change is slighty off set by the increased boost to the Aug Abilities as most casters can compensate for the loss by getting lots more Aug Dex :).

Heh As for Wizards and not being able to do insane damage as the manual Indicates. Well Wizards can indeed do that sort of damage if in the same circumstances as a Runemaster yet still lack utility. Hell when I read the manual about Armsmen I thought I would be running around dual wielding Polearms and throwing bits of my Armor at ppl in order to do loads of damage and being a real master of Combat :D. I was wrong :(

Tilda

Theres a screenie of a wiz bolting someone for 1250~ and then single target nuking them for over 800 iirc.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
+ Spell damage arties
Resist peircing
Debuff
Relic bonus...

a 700dmg nuke isnt so hard to imagine now.

Then add a crit

Chronictank

FH is my second home
my berzerker has been hit for 2.5k before by a fire wizzy cus of a lucky crit, all realms have the capability to do it

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik the 20% from relics only increases ur chance of doing cap dmg...

I could be wrong ofc :p

/Dracus

Megga

Fledgling Freddie
Sheridans hit me for 1200 with red fire resist on :eek2:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
my berzerker has been hit for 2.5k before by a fire wizzy cus of a lucky crit, all realms have the capability to do it
By that you are saying he base bolted you for ~1670 dmg and did a perfect critical hit. Thats likely ^^

Chilly

Balls of steel
Zebolt said:
By that you are saying he base bolted you for ~1670 dmg and did a perfect critical hit. Thats likely ^^
unlikely, but possible. About as likely as random people actually understanding statistics and probability

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ask Fatalitys his highest hit then come and pretend to know what u are talking about.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
unlikely, but possible. About as likely as random people actually understanding statistics and probability

On a single Bolt ? he doesnt seem to say over 2 bolts. he simply says he was hit for 2.5k dmg by a Wizard.

The Only way he could have been hit for 2.5k damage was if he was Heat Debuffed and the Wizard Used VP.

The Max Damamge a Wizard with 50 Fire and using the 50 spec bolt with mom3 would be 1616 Damage. Thats with a 49% Crit. Assuming either the Target had 0% heat resist's / 0 Heat resist buff or was Debuffed to allow A Cap hit. Unless the chap is more specific we cant be sure.

VP is also nerfed with NF and isnt even Insta cast either, so that wouldnt be possible again even if it was the case.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Megga said:
Sheridans hit me for 1200 with red fire resist on :eek2:

I did 1747 bolt on nilmeia, got 1235 bolt cap :E

Warlock has 412dd bolt, wonder what that will cap at xD

Vindicator you forgot spell damage bonus and traldor charge, then caps raise quite a bit on bolts, about 120-150 or so more from 9% spell damage+traldor charge.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Cozak said:
Lucky crit maybe? Wizards have the capability to do that damage as well with 31% cold + Aom2 + red cold resist buffs on my thane Erodafira (sp?) used to nuke me for 700+ every hit.

That would've been pbae then?. The damage from bolt's is greater than a pbae spell, i think. Erodafira (yes you're spelling is correct Coz :)) is now fire with all the other RvR wiz's :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Theres a screenie of a wiz bolting someone for 1250~ and then single target nuking them for over 800 iirc.

Yes bolts vs casters are insane damage yes but I am talking about the base DD, I am a Cleric with chain armour so bolts dont do much damage.
If you look at the screenie a BD was also hitting me with his base nuke (not lifetap as that is around 100ish damage) and he is not even nuking me for 1/2 of the damage the runie does.

But I hope most of you are right that it gets majorly reduced in NF as seeing my Cleric with 2400ish hp and full resists and AoM2 being 3 shot is just... wrong...
No idea that wizs did 700+ damage also though as like I said I tested some with a wizard but most of them say they nuke for 350-500 against mids while much more vs hibs.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Chilly said:
It's was sure not possible with my RM.. I was 48 RC with mom3 and 10% dmg bonus and had a cap of 1200-1400 can't remember exactly. So my absolute maximum hit was like 2.1k (saying my cap was 1400 which is wasn't). So that a fire wizard with same dd bolt to bolt for allmost 200 more dmg seems a bit wierd imo. Thats the statistics Im judging from ^^

Chronictank said:
ask Fatalitys his highest hit then come and pretend to know what u are talking about.
I should ask a skald about his dmg when we are discussing bolts? why rly? And only cuz' I have had a rr8 RC RM with fully ToA bonuses doesn't mean I can see how much dmg my bolt did? Riiight ^^

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Highest damage a wizard can do in one bolt is a capped spec bolt, with mom5 and 25% damage. That's 331*3*1.25*1.15 = 1427. With a max RvR crit that's 1427+699 = 2126 damage. The only way to hit 2.5k is with multiple bolts or nukes.

Tilda

Zebolt said:
It's was sure not possible with my RM.. I was 48 RC with mom3 and 10% dmg bonus and had a cap of 1200-1400 can't remember exactly. So my absolute maximum hit was like 2.1k (saying my cap was 1400 which is wasn't). So that a fire wizard with same dd bolt to bolt for allmost 200 more dmg seems a bit wierd imo. Thats the statistics Im judging from ^^

I should ask a skald about his dmg when we are discussing bolts? why rly? And only cuz' I have had a rr8 RC RM with fully ToA bonuses doesn't mean I can see how much dmg my bolt did? Riiight ^^
Fatalities is a RR8(?) wiz on excal. Although Ghaladriel (RR10 wiz excal :wub:) holds highest hit record iirc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
duo but thats who hit me, yes debuffed, yes i was unbuffed.
But u didnt say that they werent allowed to debuff me :p
i was wrong about 2.5k it was 2.12k

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Fatalities is a RR8(?) wiz on excal. Although Ghaladriel (RR10 wiz excal :wub:) holds highest hit record iirc.
Ow ok, I thought he meant Fatality on prydwen ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
i was wrong about 2.5k it was 2.12k
Chronictank said:
<Cough> Look who's talking <Cough>

Puppet

Part of the furniture
ATM People hit cap on 'almost' everything with relics, remi nuked my druid for exact same as my ranger - except that my druid has a 16% heat/cold buff.

Game balances is totally fubar when it comes to casters; they can do too much damage in too little time.

Its just 25% resist piercing, 10% TOA-bonus, 10% cast-speed and such enhance the dps with close to 50% - thats what's wrong with it.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Either give fire wizards a lot more utility, and/or more damage, or lower the RM's damage ~

Chronictank

FH is my second home
everyone makes mistakes.
the underlings show their lack of character by gloating over it :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
i was merely pointing out with my stats+probability jibe about how it IS possible to get a max crit from capped damage - i had no idea at the time about the actual dmg cpa and assumed it to be whatever CT had said

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i agree that 1k dmg is to much for a dd but as far as casters in general go i think its ok atm! Neither of my casters (sorc+wiz) do "sick" dmg unless i have a handy group member who debuffs for me. Same goes vs hibs atm i normaly only insta die vs their nukes if they work as a team and debuff for each other.

If you think about it the most sucessfull groups are all running offence tanks and defence tanks atm. Imo this is how it should be! in most groups there are 1-3 tanks 2-3 casters and the rest support! whats wrong with that? every1 is getting in on the action xD

If caster balence is "fubar" then hows this possiable:
http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/characterrank.php?server=Prydwen&realm=&order=lastweek

zerk with top lwrp on the server oO

also about 1/5 of your total rp's in a week when your rr7 is pretty good going imo!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Zebolt said:
<Cough> Look who's talking <Cough>

u know.. when something hits u for over 2000 damage in one hit.. 2 or 300 dmg wrong isnt that big a deal... who fking cares if i was 2500 or 2120

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Y all the whine about bolts? they are on 20s timer and are only good vs casters :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
u know.. when something hits u for over 2000 damage in one hit.. 2 or 300 dmg wrong isnt that big a deal... who fking cares if i was 2500 or 2120
The issue was that he said I had no idea what I was talking about and tried to be all cool when I infact was right and he was wrong, not rly about the dmg.. read the posts before replying maybe ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
Either give fire wizards a lot more utility, and/or more damage, or lower the RM's damage ~
And why is that? They get both spec bolt and spec dd in same specline. RM's don't get that ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom