Runemaster damage, just too much?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
lol kinda silly to argue which caster is better, rm >>>> wizard bigtime :O

Chronictank

FH is my second home
well my point is people never bother trying things, and just dismiss them straight off (and he said it was imposible to stun a fg i simply told u a way of doing it, didnt say it was very effective). How long was it before mainstream rvr grps started using sos+purge for example.
Perhaps if you tried things you would come up with incredibly annoying and effective method e.g. the debuff grps that poped up on excal (we use drop speedwarp every fight now since we saw how annoying it was when a alb grp did it for example)

Edit: Mid pry is a joke, you have near enuff no competition since PE and NP stopped rvring like they used to, so kindly climb back into youre hole

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Ocalinn said:
tell me how albs can stun a group

Static tempest 3 from a friar is only way i can think of xD

Runemaster is better than wiz....runecarver runie is far better but darkness runie isn't so much better though.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Mid pry is a joke, you have near enuff no competition since PE and NP stopped rvring like they used to, so kindly climb back into youre hole

Yeah, PE are too busy trying to AoE Stun people to be much of a challenge (oh and last i knew, AoD and Onigiri's group more than held there own against maelstorm,BO and BaF)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Runecarving by itself is a weak line imo, darkcarver is viable but powerusing, dark/supp splitspecc is the way to go as RM imo since bolts just miss or do crap damage becouse of the high AF...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
you know very well since NF most those guilds have near enough disapeared, PE have never been as good as they were pre-toa, AOD and Ongirlis grp are ok but nothing special imo

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
you know very well since NF most those guilds have near enough disapeared, PE have never been as good as they were pre-toa, AOD and Ongirlis grp are ok but nothing special imo

As someone whos been nuked for '2500' by a firewizard. I'd imagen you wouldn't know a good group if you saw one :(
Fadehs group was totaly different and alot easier to play(Mercs are alot easier to heal and demez etc)
Besides...the best Mid prydwen had to offer then was Everlast (and even our RR5 TLW merc group totaly destroyed them)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Helme said:
Runecarving by itself is a weak line imo, darkcarver is viable but powerusing, dark/supp splitspecc is the way to go as RM imo since bolts just miss or do crap damage becouse of the high AF...

Most runies have gone Full darkness, the 10% piercing and 10% spell damage and massive ammounts of Acuity gives them a good ammount of damage without having to worry about handing a debuff.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bubble said:
As someone whos been nuked for '2500' by a firewizard. I'd imagen you wouldn't know a good group if you saw one :(
qqing over 400 dmg or so, how mature

throwing insults doesnt make the grps any better, many key players from PE left when toa hit, i know for a fact their main mincer came over to Mid/Excal cus the grps werent as good and rvr was becoming dull. Im sure many of the main guilds have lost players to the endless zergs of NF.

But then what do i know, i wouldnt know a good grp when i saw one aparently

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
qqing over 400 dmg or so, how mature

throwing insults doesnt make the grps any better, many key players from PE left when toa hit, i know for a fact their main mincer came over to Mid/Excal cus the grps werent as good and rvr was becoming dull. Im sure many of the main guilds have lost players to the endless zergs of NF.

But then what do i know, i wouldnt know a good grp when i saw one aparently

I'm QQIng about the fact you took 2000+ damage
I mean its almost impossible, most i was ever hit for was 1300 when i was level 36 by a level 50 Runie about 2 weeks after daoc release.
Since then my SORCERER (READ CLOTH CASTER WITH LOW AF) has been bolted meny times, none for over 800. I don't know what class you play, but i would assume it isn't spellcrafted or bothers with resists. Oh btw your mid excal right? Are you in red guard? :)
At least your in the Right forum :)

Anyway, enough fun, back on the PE topic.
Like most RvR guilds, they had to rethink their groups/PvE alot before they could start RvR. Bodyguard Hurt that group alot etc (It was kinda impossible to Die with both Loch and tattersail(original) healing :))
Download the PE2 Video in the prydwen RvR section, it shows a ToAed PE in action (Go Septina!)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I'm QQIng about the fact you took 2000+ damage
I mean its almost impossible, most i was ever hit for was 1300 when i was level 36 by a level 50 Runie about 2 weeks after daoc release.
Then you
1) are chating out ur arse
2) are a gimp
No wonder you troll the newbie forums anyone whos lvl 50 will laugh at you.

Runies have the ability to hit for over 2k just as wizzys do, and just fyi with resist piercing a si crafted set gets near enuff negated, the fact i was testing some armour meant my fire resists were around 10%.
Wizzards DO hit for around 2k i high enuff rr etc

Never been hit over 800?
bih6h

Edit: Above screenie isnt me, and was with 0 power relics

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
TiwiS said:
the only good think about wizards right now is bolts (which misses a lot) or pbaoe, other then that they're utter crap. Wizard: 219 Dmg at 2.8 cast time
219 dd is crap? Omg, my RM must rly suck then if the only usefull thing I got is a 35% NS not even a doable dmg spell ><

icklewillow

Fledgling Freddie
Then you
1) are chating out ur arse
2) are a gimp
No wonder you troll the newbie forums anyone whos lvl 50 will laugh at you.

I'm a gimp because i was level 36 once? :p The gimp is the one who doesn't bother capping his resists. If you've never been level 36 i assume you baught your character from ebay?
I'm kinda level 50 and RR5+ now with my sorc :)

What the hells that screenshot suppose to prove? yes with a perfect critical i can be hit for over 1k. I suggest you ask Riv to cap his heat resists as most enemy casters/assasins use Heat based attacks.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Since then my SORCERER (READ CLOTH CASTER WITH LOW AF) has been bolted meny times, none for over 800
Since then my SORCERER (READ CLOTH CASTER WITH LOW AF) has been bolted meny times, none for over 800

are a gimp
should have rephrased that, nerf edit timer:
you only play gimps

im rr5+ on 3 chars and 50s on various servers, whats youre point?
You prolly did ebay if youve never been hit for 2k to reach rr5 without seeing it

I have capped resist on all my chars and yet am hit in excess of 1k regularly by the likes of outlaw

icklewillow

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
should have rephrased that, nerf edit timer:
you only play gimps

im rr5+ on 3 chars and 50s on various servers, whats youre point?
You prolly did ebay if youve never been hit for 2k to reach rr5 without seeing it

I have capped resist on all my chars and yet am hit in excess of 1k regularly by the likes of outlaw

I play a RR5 sorcerer and Cleric
Most people think sorcerers are far from gimped...(oh on prydwen we use red AF buffs...)
You think i'm ebayed because i haven't been hit for 2k? That sort of damage is only possible Either debuffing a PBAOE or debuffing/AF debuffing a Bolt. I'd say less than a handfull have been hit by that sort of damage.

I think your having some trouble understanding some of the game mechanics...(Oh i sometimes forget we are in the newbie forums..but most people at least know a bit about what they are talking about)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ok ill stop annoying you now just was baiting to keep you going till home time ;)

in reality you cant hit 2k nemore, since you cant get +25% anymore
so the below:
Highest damage a wizard can do in one bolt is a capped spec bolt, with mom5 and 25% damage. That's 331*3*1.25*1.15 = 1427. With a max RvR crit that's 1427+699 = 2126 damage
isnt correct.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
that nuke was average dmg with spec nuke.

we(maelstrom) had scat(+10% dmg) and relics (+20%dmg), pre toa with 10-15%pierce.

804 was my cap. And i pretty much capped on every alb without friar resists.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
TiwiS said:
Wizard: 219 Dmg at 2.8 cast time best dex race: avalonian with 60 dex
I get 209 DD at 2.8s, nerf albs tbh. :(

Incidentally, 700+ was easy with debuff pre-toa when we had 3 power relics. I still miss the old debuff tho, it was even better - I went from hitting someone with 55% resist for ~250 to cap in one debuff before. :p

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
zzzz please bother to read my post.

im just comparing wiz dmg output vs cabalist dmg output at DD range
with wizards having perhaps a better dmg/spell
but in the end cabalists with 10 more dex and a 2.5 castable spell is a lot faster if you include the debuff.

i tried a half toa'd sorc (lvl 50 and inconnu so basically the same as a cabalist in regard to baseline lifetap) recently in combination with a debuff caba in pve recently. it consistently caps it's nukes and has better dps then my fully toa'd rr5 wizard with mom3 and dex 3

in return though wizards gets bolts which are a world of hurt on enemy casters.

conclusion for those with reading problems:
DD range: caba > wiz
bolt range: wiz > caba

simple enough?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Actually even with the cast speed difference of the spells and the broken lifetap damage the dps of wizard nukes is higher than cabalist lifetaps. Especially when you consider the wizard has no variance and gets bonus damage from speccing over 50. The cabalist will generally outdamage a wizard due to his debuff, but on low resist targets the wizard wins.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
TiwiS said:
I can't say to 100% since I haven't played a cabby, but in mid 219 spec dd is better than 179 with debuff, so I don't think it has anything to do with the ability to read but to relate to the statement ^^

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
TiwiS said:
the only good think about wizards right now is bolts (which misses a lot) or pbaoe, other then that they're utter crap.

at 1500 range a cabalist easily outdamages a wizard,

keep in mind the following things:
Wizard: 219 Dmg at 2.8 cast time best dex race: avalonian with 60 dex
Cabalist: 179 Dmg at 2.5 cast time best dex race: Inconnu 70 (also 15 more and 10 less int, but who cares about that last one, you'll cap anyway with debuff)
50% body debuff at 46 spirit spec

Be glad you have the best debuffnukers in the game instead of whining about it, (but thanks for pointing out that they are OP as they nuke harder than the supposedly top nuker in your realm) If that baseline wasnt a lifetap you would be doing the same damage as other debuffcasters, now you do about 6% more for free because of the bugged LT damage.

Its not that much different in mid tho

SM 183 value LT + about 6% because its a LT 2.5 castspeed
RM 219 value DD no + and 2.8 castspeed

Counting value its about...
SM DPS 77,6 (This is delve)
RM DPS 78,2 (This is delve)

They do about the same damage, difference is that the SM has drained 90% of that, RM hasnt.

TiwiS said:

Id say that its in mid...
DDrange: SM > Runie (Faster nuke and does almost as much damage per hit because of bugged LT damage.
Boltrange: Well has to be runie since he is the only one with bolts, but RC is teh suxx except in keeps, and we have to choose if we want bolts or hard nukes, so most go for consistent damage and choose dark.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Yes its pretty sickening to be hit for that sort of damage but there is reason for it.

Most Casters have 25% resist pierce atm. meaning your resist's are kind of null and Void, add in the fact that the mids have a 20% relic boost to there damage on that server and a caster is pretty much going to hit you for cap damage most nukes. Then throw in a little WP / MoM and those 1k hits are probably normal enough for a caster of that RR and in that position.

Thankfully the problem gets sort of addressed soonish. Resist pierce will be capped at 10% soon and with NF moArt is Gone so reducing there DPS again in the long term by a bit. This change is slighty off set by the increased boost to the Aug Abilities as most casters can compensate for the loss by getting lots more Aug Dex :).

Heh As for Wizards and not being able to do insane damage as the manual Indicates. Well Wizards can indeed do that sort of damage if in the same circumstances as a Runemaster yet still lack utility. Hell when I read the manual about Armsmen I thought I would be running around dual wielding Polearms and throwing bits of my Armor at ppl in order to do loads of damage and being a real master of Combat :D. I was wrong :(

why spellpierce is even implemented is sick imo, nukes hit harder than melee even without it and at a faster rate (with 25 dex cap and 10% casting speed)
and due to brittle guards, keep walls and bodyguard casters arent as fragile as they used to be wich brings me to the point i have said many times before on this forum.
casters are simply overpowered atm, wether it's RM, Sorc or Chanter in question they are all overpowered, but since they all are in all realms it kinda makes a balance except if your a Hero or zerker your fucked and is considered a "leech" in rvr grps ^^

Lethul

FH is my second home
Dumle said:
Be glad you have the best debuffnukers in the game instead of whining about it, (but thanks for pointing out that they are OP as they nuke harder than the supposedly top nuker in your realm) If that baseline wasnt a lifetap you would be doing the same damage as other debuffcasters, now you do about 6% more for free because of the bugged LT damage.

Its not that much different in mid tho

SM 183 value LT + about 6% because its a LT 2.5 castspeed

SM DPS 77,6 (This is delve)

They do about the same damage, difference is that the SM has drained 90% of that, RM hasnt.

Id say that its in mid...
DDrange: SM > Runie (Faster nuke and does almost as much damage per hit because of bugged LT damage.
Boltrange: Well has to be runie since he is the only one with bolts, but RC is teh suxx except in keeps, and we have to choose if we want bolts or hard nukes, so most go for consistent damage and choose dark.

SM 183 value LT + about 9% because its a LT that drains 90% at 2.5 castspeed

so a dark SM should outdmg the dark RM i think :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
except if your a Hero or zerker your fucked and is considered a "leech" in rvr grps ^^
Yeah, Healers, Shammys, Bards, Druids and Clerics are realy such leechers :m00:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Zebolt said:
They don't :>

SM 183 value LT + about 9% because its a LT 2.5 castspeed

SM DPS 79,8 (This is delve)

suprise suprise 79,8 is more than 78,2 !!!!

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
SM 183 value LT + about 9% because its a LT 2.5 castspeed

SM DPS 79,8 (This is delve)

suprise suprise 79,8 is more than 78,2 !!!!
Surprise Surprise I've tried in game !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom