RTX 30xx

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Looking sexeh. And a 3070 for 400dollar same performance as a 2080

i will be after a 3080. Yummy.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
£469 apparently for the 3070, I think I will go for that, I am done with spending £1k+ on graphics cards :)

I'll wait a few months though and see what editions there are.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
£469 apparently for the 3070, I think I will go for that, I am done with spending £1k+ on graphics cards :)

I'll wait a few months though and see what editions there are.

So much more power for an extra £200 though

SilverHood

FH is my second home
These things are monstrous in size. My RTX 2080 barely fits in my case and these are much bigger!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Watched it as it was announced.. Here were my reactions:

3070: That looks like a good card!
3080: Okay, that's a bit bigger. That should fit!
Cool, that was an awesome presentation.. Was expecting a 3090 though!
3090: Jesus Christ that's a chunkyboi.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'll stick with what I have until I get a bigger monitor, although to be honest I've not been playing games recently any way.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's nuts. Yesterday I was done with my gaming rig and going to get a NUC or similar.

Now I want to build a Threadripper x 3070 combo

***ARRAGH***

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Saw a video of the 3080. 70-90% performance increase over 2080Ti depending on game.

And there's still the 3090 to come.

Crazy. Unfortunately I'm not feeling too secure in work at the moment due to Covid and Brexit so will probably stick with my 1080 :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Ono

Part of the furniture
This is killer tech from NVidia. I doubt I will be able to upgrade my 2080 Super until next year at the earliest but that will be fine as I doubt games will fully utilise these cards for a while.

Next Gen consoles are already obsolete!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm really hoping that AMD have something up their sleeve as if we get a GPU war starting up like we've seen on the CPU side of things, the next era of PC's are going to be insane

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm really hoping that AMD have something up their sleeve as if we get a GPU war starting up like we've seen on the CPU side of things, the next era of PC's are going to be insane

I think you are being optimistic, while AMD have caught Intel napping on the processor front nVidia always manage to jump ahead just before AMD are due to announce something on the graphics card front that would of surpassed nVidia's current best.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Saw a video of the 3080. 70-90% performance increase over 2080Ti depending on game.

And there's still the 3090 to come.

Crazy. Unfortunately I'm not feeling too secure in work at the moment due to Covid and Brexit so will probably stick with my 1080 :(

That 3080 looks like a banger of a card especially for the price. Pretty much runs every current game at 4K with Ultra settings running at least 60fps. Crazy. Not seen any 3090 benchmarks yet but the rumour is that it can do 8K@60fps!

Kinda sucks I bought a new PC with a 2080Ti last month :eek:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That 3080 looks like a banger of a card especially for the price. Pretty much runs every current game at 4K with Ultra settings running at least 60fps. Crazy. Not seen any 3090 benchmarks yet but the rumour is that it can do 8K@60fps!

Kinda sucks I bought a new PC with a 2080Ti last month :eek:

I can give a free 2080Ti a good home :ROFLMAO: :sneaky::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I will be purchasing a 3080. Just which manufacturer or a foundation one. Probably msi as they are my component maker of choice.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think you are being optimistic, while AMD have caught Intel napping on the processor front nVidia always manage to jump ahead just before AMD are due to announce something on the graphics card front that would of surpassed nVidia's current best.
Oh I'm well aware it's a hope but if team red manage anything even close it would make things interesting

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Changed my mind, will get a 3080, that jump is just crazy.

I will wait and see what Asus do but had their factory operclocked 980ti and on their OC 1080ti atm and couldn't be happier with both cards. Wondering if there will be a 3080ti at some point.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I will wait and see what Asus do but had their factory operclocked 980ti and on their OC 1080ti atm and couldn't be happier with both cards. Wondering if there will be a 3080ti at some point.

Damn, I should work in sales.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

There are rumours of a 3070 ti with 16gb ram already. So i probably think there will be but you prob add a couple 100 dollars to the price for that. I kinda like the FE cooling system. Its innovative.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
As @Moriath above.

3070TI has already 'leaked'
3080TI is pretty much waiting too, the missing $999 product will be that.

Announced when AMD releases, end of Q1 I guess for release.

I'll hold til the 3080 TI :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll hold til the 3080 TI :)

Thing is.

What games need it? I've got a 1080ti and I run things ticketty boo at high rez (including HL:Alyx).

Since console development has nerfed PC graphics (because nearly every triple-a title is cross-platform) the only thing you get with the better graphics cards is ability to run at totes ridic 250fps.

They even quote that sort of FPS in an article I read on tomshardware. But once you get above approx. 120fps then your eyes can't see it anyway.

Personally, I'll wait until games catch up...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thing is.

What games need it? I've got a 1080ti and I run things ticketty boo at high rez (including HL:Alyx).

Since console development has nerfed PC graphics (because nearly every triple-a title is cross-platform) the only thing you get with the better graphics cards is ability to run at totes ridic 250fps.

They even quote that sort of FPS in an article I read on tomshardware. But once you get above approx. 120fps then your eyes can't see it anyway.

Personally, I'll wait until games catch up...
Depends at what resolution and fps you need

currently nothing can really 60fps at 4k. If the game is reasonably polygon heavy.

the 3090 can apparently do 30fps at 8k. So yes thats over kill.

at 1080p these would be over kill as well.

but 1440 ultrawide and 4k they are a good use.

currently ms flight sim will push these and cyberpunk should utilise them well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
currently ms flight sim will push these and cyberpunk should utilise them well.
So, it's a bit like the VR thing. Was it worth it for HL:Alyx alone?

I'm not so sure. I'd be tempted to put off those games for a while and then make the purchase down the line tbh. It's not like they're going to become unavailable.

But then, I've other priorities at the mo :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So, it's a bit like the VR thing. Was it worth it for HL:Alyx alone?

I'm not so sure. I'd be tempted to put off those games for a while and then make the purchase down the line tbh. It's not like they're going to become unavailable.

But then, I've other priorities at the mo :)
And a resolution thing. No current card can pump 60fps at 4k atm

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Oh come on, not like ati never came up with the R9 290 x2 :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bet people that bought a 2080 Ti recently are pissed off though, even the 3070 shits on the 2080 Ti and it's less than half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom