Rome: Total War, Bitches!

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It's purple! I shall pillage your entire land to waste for that!

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Its an awesome game..Givf the whole game! i pwn the enemy on very hard way too easy :/

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its nice to trap them in then smash them from the rear with cavalry :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
With the ambush you've set up and the elephants it's pretty hard to lose the demo battle.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It's quite nice how the cavalry actually run down the enemy now, rather than just running through them as they did in Shogun and Medieval. The arrows actually look like they're hurting the enemy now aswell, rather than just showering them and then magically killing one of them even though the arrow didn't actually make contact.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Zoom in on the action. I love how units use their shield. They actually recoil as missiles hit their shields and they block blows from other infantry.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i do hope it has a fog of war type thing so that you can lure people into traps in muliplayer

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Not quite. But you can hide units in forests. You can do this on the campaign map too, and wait for an enemy army to pass for an ambush.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
looks good from demo, but i found it harder to control units for sum reason and the interface maybe not as good as medievil.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i do hope it has a fog of war type thing so that you can lure people into traps in muliplayer

it has, if your troops arent looking in one direction than the enemy can sneak up on you. Had that happen with some roman troops that had fleed but had recovered and suddenly where near melee range of my archers :(, but my cavalry was nearby so it wasnt bad. However it does prove that fog of war does count.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Also isnt RTW the program they used for that TV program that was on BBC2 for awhile?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, they used a early version of the engine for it. It's also used on the History Channel's Decisive Battles show.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Loxleyhood said:
.com/pc/image/article/527/527507/rome-total-war-20040630041745622.jpg[/img]

they look god damn like the same, i say you want ice cream cone? both of them say yes

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Use RM ae spears of doom and burn them all too hell! :flame: (with archers maybe? :p) Cool mod oO

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
general.JPG

Barbarian scum.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I had 2000 or so archers shooting at 2500 or so Gauls, and it was just a horrible slaughter. The arrows make a huge racket as they scream through the air, make a very violent impact and the groans and cries of their targets make it a very.... uneasy part of the game. Also it seems when a battle turns just into a random slaughter, this really grim, sad music starts playing which makes for a very heavy atmosphere.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to lurch this thread back into life again, but who is actually getting R:TW? I am considering organising a forum tournament. :D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
I'm getting it, when's it out?

It hasn't been announced. CA said autumn, many made educated guesses at September 21st or 24th, but it hasn't even gone gold yet. May have to wait until October.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I saw Oct 1st somewhere but wasn't sure whether it was reliable or not. So, yeah, I'll probably be getting it the day it comes out so I'll be up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom