Rome: Total War, Bitches!

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
gamer's hell has it too, i get very good speeds from there and no registering required.

also, hard difficulty and advisor off = fun. that carthagian (sp?) sacred cavalry kicks ass :D over 300 kills with one unit :D

It's all about the elephants dude!

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
It's all about the elephants dude!

yeah, when those monsters plow through the poor roman infantry it brings a liddul tear in the corner of mye eye ;D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
yeah, when those monsters plow through the poor roman infantry it brings a liddul tear in the corner of mye eye ;D

I just couldn't believe it. Ze horror!

pez

Can't get enough of FH
mts said:
gamer's hell has it too, i get very good speeds from there and no registering required.

also, hard difficulty and advisor off = fun. that carthagian (sp?) sacred cavalry kicks ass :D over 300 kills with one unit :D

aye i got like 240 with one of mine too.

my war elephants routed two formations solo but my armoured elephants seemed to take one look at the enemy and rampaged back through my troops.

anyway its failr inconsequential since its all about the campaign map for me. i let the computer handle 99% of battles in M:TW

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Elephants are overpowered, jeez.. I could've owned that whole Roman army with my elephants alone. Very nice game, hopefully they've made the map as good as it was on the other games and it'll be complete.

Runs nicely on my computer with high settings aswell.

Zeelee

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Elephants are overpowered, jeez.. I could've owned that whole Roman army with my elephants alone. Very nice game, hopefully they've made the map as good as it was on the other games and it'll be complete.

Runs nicely on my computer with high settings aswell.

when the full game comes out it's way easier to make the war elephants rampage ur own units

think u can throw burning pigs at them or somthing

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Zeelee said:
when the full game comes out it's way easier to make the war elephants rampage ur own units

think u can throw burning pigs at them or somthing

This is true. According to an ign review, flaming panicing pigs are to elephants, as elephants are to those poor, poor Romans.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
getting from gamers hell :)

cant wait to try this game on my projector, can any1 say two HUNDRED inch screen :D

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
HerculesPluto said:
getting from gamers hell :)

cant wait to try this game on my projector, can any1 say two HUNDRED inch screen :D

two HUNDRED inch screen :D

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
It works. I am now on the receiving end of the elephants you bastard. :mad:

haha sorry mate :D

im having difficulties as well, wish i had lots of archers that way i could atleast harass the elephants before they decimate my infantry :{

EDIT: oh and givf full game now!!! =) it's currently scheduled for a september release?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Just had a look at the official webby, and where the fuck are the Spartans?!?! I was looking forward to being them.

I'll be the Seleucids instead if the Spartans ain't in it.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Just had a look at the official webby, and where the fuck are the Spartans?!?! I was looking forward to being them.

The Greek cities are a playable faction, Sparta exsists on the campaign map and Spartan Hoplites are a unit, but in Roman times Sparta had long degenerated from the great city it had once been.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Released Oct 1 according to amazon. I don't want to wait. :(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I heard September, but I don't really mind as long as they make it as perfect as they can before release.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:

they had all the glorious spartans when they used the beta/alpha? of the game for time commanders tv show, any1 know the differences or anything improved/added/taken away from the version we saw on tv? lox?

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
any1 tried that patch that lets u play the romans? also I cant wait to LAY DOWN SOME SMACK as ALEXANDER THE M8 :D in the full game. :D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:
any1 tried that patch that lets u play the romans? also I cant wait to LAY DOWN SOME SMACK as ALEXANDER THE M8 :D in the full game. :D

Yeah played it, but the Carthaginians have no AI so it makes for a pretty dull battle. Plus elephants are utter bitches when you're not the one 'controlling' them.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
i pressed the button where the mahamouts or whatever the heck ( the riders ) nail a big wooden stake through their heads

to be fair they were rampaging through my troops at the time

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
retreat2.jpg

Hehehehhehehehehehehehhehehe

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Just found out that you have to complete it with one of the three Roman factions before you can begin a campaign with a different faction.

OK, so I can't really see the logic in this. I buy a game to play whichever faction I want, not be told that I can only play as the Romans first. Can anyone confirm that I am right before I rant any further?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
downloaded demo and omg it's nice :x

definitely going to buy this game as soon as these dutch slackers import it :D

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
hmm
it looks like that gameshow thing that used to be on BBC2

Timesomething? afaik?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
Just found out that you have to complete it with one of the three Roman factions before you can begin a campaign with a different faction.

OK, so I can't really see the logic in this. I buy a game to play whichever faction I want, not be told that I can only play as the Romans first. Can anyone confirm that I am right before I rant any further?

maybe they are going to add a storyline and charactar (or atleast faction) developement. could add an interesting slant. and anyway going by previous TW games should only take an hour or so to blitz through the game on easy mode if you auto calc the battles.

Moo said:
hmm
it looks like that gameshow thing that used to be on BBC2

Timesomething? afaik?

its the same game. they are doing a USA version of time commanders on the history channel using R:TW i think too

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:

As I understand it there are three Roman playable Roman factions - different families, the Juli, Scipi and something else. To complete the campaign you have to become emperor and fufil some goals specific to your family. The other playable factions open up once you have conquered them with any Roman faction.

I could be wrong.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
looking sweet.

nice period of history to base an rts around

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom