Rift: Planes of Telara

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That's where most MMO's shoot themselves in the foot nowadays.

To easy to level up while not having a sufficient endgame in place.

Well, yes and no :) DAOC had it right tbh, fast PVE straight into a nicely designed PVP. Sadly most mmo's dont have good end game these days (as you said) if they could just balance it out so the PvE doesnt take forever/drone on and the end game was appealing/long lasting they'd make a killing.

gohan

FH is my second home
Well, yes and no :) DAOC had it right tbh, fast PVE straight into a nicely designed PVP. Sadly most mmo's dont have good end game these days (as you said) if they could just balance it out so the PvE doesnt take forever/drone on and the end game was appealing/long lasting they'd make a killing.

daoc pve was a killer

30 days played was pretty standard for first lvl 50's

on rift i have a 47 a 40 and a 32 and i only just renewed my first month... so play time is maybe 5-6 days?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
daoc pve was a killer

30 days played was pretty standard for first lvl 50's

Only for the very first wave of 50's
I followed shortly after the first wave, with 24 days played, lgm( or close to) AC and about rr5 on my Heroine. That time was halved pretty fast for the ppl that followed.

Danita

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Gross Negligence split a while ago too, Kad, I left before they split, quit it really, but my irl mate is still playing it and he's saying they're attempting to go down the WAR route in terms of PVP - basing it on city attacks, etc, sounds a bit meh.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if they could just balance it out so the PvE doesnt take forever/drone on and the end game was appealing/long lasting they'd make a killing.

Players and devs alike need to relearn that max level is NOT where the game starts, it starts at level 1.

gohan

FH is my second home
Only for the very first wave of 50's
I followed shortly after the first wave, with 24 days played, lgm( or close to) AC and about rr5 on my Heroine. That time was halved pretty fast for the ppl that followed.

Danita

my first 50 was a scout that i solo lvled withouta buffbot xD never knew sucht hings existed, 35 days played

then i lvled an armsman part solo mainly grped

8 days played lol

but on here i've soloed all classes and im making up specs ect as i go and still really fast in comparison to other games

pikeh

Resident Freddy
50 days /pl for my shade to 50 and rr4 :<

granted, i was specced in dual wield until 30 odd!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Trion have pulled a nasty. Our server, Sparkwing, got marked as a 'Trial' server without warning. At logon, everyone is basically told to get the fuck off the server as fast as possible. Its caused chaos.

Very unimpressed.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Heh, sucks for you. Get everyone to move to Shivermere ^^

Syri

FH is my second home
Let me know where you move to Roo, got some higher level guardian chars from a failed levelling project, would like to bring them over instead of the one I rolled on Sparkwing. Didn't get to spend much time on it as I was busy finishing off college, but got a load of free time now.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Dude I dont know about you but when I leveled Zorena in 2002 i 20days played to 50..

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
We landed on Icewatch after sorting out agreement with a couple of other guilds with whom we intend to raid. Had to rename my toon, so when on I'm there as Uroo.

Some of the old DAoC gang from Mid/Pryd are there. Nicodemus is there as Wishbone. I'm not on much atm as I've been proper shit-on at work.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Anyone here on Bloodiron, either side? We're considering transfering there within the next few days, seems to be the new server of choice for a good european community.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Players and devs alike need to relearn that max level is NOT where the game starts, it starts at level 1.

I would disagree in so far as all the other levels should be a build up, perhaps a learning-your-class experience culminating in "the game" at max level. Otherwise the rest of the levels are pointless imo.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I would disagree in so far as all the other levels should be a build up, perhaps a learning-your-class experience culminating in "the game" at max level. Otherwise the rest of the levels are pointless imo.

Sure but what point does level 1 - 49 have when people can go through them in a matter of days?

Learning the class or not, it still need to be fun rolling a new toon to level up.

And so far no game after EQ2 or CoX have bothered with that.

Warhammer gave it a fair shot but the bugs in the core game ruined it.

The level up part should be just as viable as the end game. If not more so as it makes people play other classes they might want to try but otherwise wouldn't if the level up experience is dull.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
imo, the problem is , people have been playing MMOs so long, their memory is a mish mash of various games, giving them this "ultimate" concept, and when anything (everything ?) fails to reach that standard, its "shite"

well, if you actually take the rose tinted goggles off, most of them are very similar, especially the really old ones people bang on about; eq, daoc, ao, etc, etc

Rift is decent, its still fun, for a lot of people. dont understand why people buy a game, try to win in 3 weeks, then get bored.

l2 slow down, enjoy the journey, and take it at face value, instead of comparing it to a mythical game concept that doesnt exist

/shrug

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Rift is decent, its still fun, for a lot of people. dont understand why people buy a game, try to win in 3 weeks, then get bored.

For me it was the simple fact that it could be done in 3 weeks. I only played it casually and reached 50 in just over 3 weeks rl time. I felt once I was 50 I couldn't really find much more to do that was fun :(

I also found a lot of the game to be very similar to WOW, while that's not always a bad thing as WOW is a fairly well made game, it felt a little like WOW-lite. Same 'system' on a different map, but not as fun.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
For me it was the simple fact that it could be done in 3 weeks. I only played it casually and reached 50 in just over 3 weeks rl time. I felt once I was 50 I couldn't really find much more to do that was fun :(

I also found a lot of the game to be very similar to WOW, while that's not always a bad thing as WOW is a fairly well made game, it felt a little like WOW-lite. Same 'system' on a different map, but not as fun.

same for me, in fact...it was the first MMO I've played other than DAOC, so never did beta etc before; but I still had a 50 mage 47 bard 40 tank just playing solo. Was good fun and I like the idea of rifts, but pvp was boring for me after a while; ended up cancelling with 3 days left on first months subs.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
imo, the problem is , people have been playing MMOs so long, their memory is a mish mash of various games, giving them this "ultimate" concept, and when anything (everything ?) fails to reach that standard, its "shite"

well, if you actually take the rose tinted goggles off, most of them are very similar, especially the really old ones people bang on about; eq, daoc, ao, etc, etc

l2 slow down, enjoy the journey, and take it at face value, instead of comparing it to a mythical game concept that doesnt exist

I agree, but when you already play casually it's hard to slow down much more without stop playing totally.

Take the post above for example, when playing casually still only takes a few weeks to as you say "win" by reaching max level, something is wrong.

So what should we have done then? Stop doing quests and just sit at the top of a tower looking at the views for a few weeks?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Until they add some proper openworld rvr/pvp system it is never really going to take off, all it really has right now is warfronts, the pvp in pve zones over pathetic wardstones is a joke.

Syri

FH is my second home
Until they add some proper openworld rvr/pvp system it is never really going to take off, all it really has right now is warfronts, the pvp in pve zones over pathetic wardstones is a joke.

Actually, I've just made a suggestion post to Trion in their forums about a possible PvP zone.
World PvP Zone
Check it out, and feel free to add any extra ideas or suggestions to it, or just to try and bring it to Trion's attention a bit more by supporting it, if you like the idea.

eksdee

FH is my second home
While I applaud your enthusiasm to invoke change and bring about something that would be positive for the game, many of us lobbied during the closed and open betas, as well as during the alpha also, to get something like that added. Trion however, like many modern MMO developers, don't seem to believe in PvP outside of instances.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Has actually been some fun open PvP recently (on Bloodiron atleast) with several large guilds from Guardian fighting us (and actually looking for PvP, not QQ'ing when they're ganked!) though that's definatley down to the server's community more than anything else, the PvP rifts they are adding should be a lot of fun :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
How is this game few months after release? I resubbed for the hell of it and gonna play a bard?

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Also looking into this atm, mostly due to the current lack of MMO's worth playing.

Are there any Guardian guilds with DAOC/FH people around still?

Afran

Part of the furniture
dunno but roll on bloodiron if you want a decent population while you still can

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Rift gave me about three months of fun but, since I got back from holiday a couple of weeks ago, I've not felt like logging on. Time to un-sub and do something else with the summer nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom