Rift: Planes of Telara

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i'm level 36, got a group quest around level15 and have been looking for a group for it every minute since level15 and yet to find one :p Other than that i've had 1 other group quest and ofcourse not found shit for that either. why have i had 2 group quests and about 400 solo quest? IT'S A MULTIPLAYER GAME !

also constantly searching for dungeon groups but had maybe 5 or 6 so far, dps and support flagged :|

open world pvp seems non-existent so far, run around all day pvp flagged but nobody cares, maybe it's better at 50? I won't go into warfronts, they just seem like the worst implemented pvp idea i've ever seen but then again I never played WoW

I long for the long hard painful grind of daoc

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
If WoW is an example of a game you prefer I'm quite happy to like a game you dislike. Shitfest of a game :)

Have you followed this thread anything?

By looking at your reply i suspect not.

I have never, not once in this thread said anything about preferring WoW type games.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
i'm level 36, got a group quest around level15 and have been looking for a group for it every minute since level15 and yet to find one :p Other than that i've had 1 other group quest and ofcourse not found shit for that either. why have i had 2 group quests and about 400 solo quest? IT'S A MULTIPLAYER GAME !

also constantly searching for dungeon groups but had maybe 5 or 6 so far, dps and support flagged :|

open world pvp seems non-existent so far, run around all day pvp flagged but nobody cares, maybe it's better at 50? I won't go into warfronts, they just seem like the worst implemented pvp idea i've ever seen but then again I never played WoW

The dungeon finder doesn't appear to work from my experience. If you're on Sparkwing, look us up but you won't be in amongst l33t uber players, just casual joes having a giggle with the content.

eksdee

FH is my second home

It doesn't improve at 50 unless things have drastically changed since I played. We roamed every night for a month with our group and had the grand total of 3 even numbers fights. We ended up just hunting PvE'ers - fighting 5-10 vs. 20-40 and we got flamed for it.

So much for PvP in MMOs I guess, it has been shit in every single game since DAoC. No crowd control, or very limited crowd control at best, AoE spells capped on targets so zergs will always eventually win, no interrupt system, blablabla.

I know I probably sound bitter and jaded, but I honestly don't think MMOs will ever have truly great PvP a la DAoC ever again. Too many whining idiots got their way over the years since they, sadly, are the majority.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It doesn't improve at 50 unless things have drastically changed since I played. We roamed every night for a month with our group and had the grand total of 3 even numbers fights. We ended up just hunting PvE'ers - fighting 5-10 vs. 20-40 and we got flamed for it.

Well, what did you expect? :)

gohan

FH is my second home

same im 37 and i've only grped to do quests about 3 times

all with my brother and a couple of RL mates

done a few dungeons with randoms but they are retarded, tanks that can't hold aggro to save thier life, peopel taht say they are healers but are acctaully melee speced

jsut makes u want to stab them

tbh warfronts are fucking utter wank

unless they introduce openworld PvP this game wil lbe another fail

gohan

FH is my second home
To find PvP on a PvP server? And specifically 'the open world PvP community' server (lol).

i know what u mean, i was on my warrior lvl 30 at the time and kept getting ganked by rouges while fighting mobs

was at the side of the road and saw a 35 gardian warrair comign down it so jumped him assuming thats what u do in PvP (he was on horseback not in combat)

and he starting calling me a skilless noob ect so i just backed off him and he rode off!

1. why can gaurdians talk to me?

2. If a lvl 30 jumped my in a fair 1v1 while i'm 35 i'd be loving it not having a little cry about it

what is the point in pvp when no1 pvp's?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Haha. Had some 4 vs 10 or so fight at some point where about half way through the fight the other players just stopped fighting back and started spamming that we were noob gankers. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Arena is to blame for this shit.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
1. why can gaurdians talk to me?

2. If a lvl 30 jumped my in a fair 1v1 while i'm 35 i'd be loving it not having a little cry about it

1. Because why not? :)

2. Happens a lot, i just kept on killing them when it happened to me. And if they kept whining i just asked what the fuck they were doing on a pvp server in the first place...

I mean, i took all the free kills i could get on my mage, especially the last few weeks i played when i were Ele primary and Pyro secondary, fucking horrible pvp spec... xD

So don't stop just because they QQ, just kill them over and over and over and over and over and over again until they get the message or quit...

To find PvP on a PvP server? And specifically 'the open world PvP community' server (lol).

Most ppl that play on a pvp server doesn't really want to do open pvp, they just use it to boost their epeen to their nerd friends. Like "i'm fucking 1337 coz i play on a pvp server"... >.<

megadave

I am a FH squatter
PvP seems pretty broken to me, had a capture the flag match (or whatever they call it) the other night, it was 5v5.

Our 5 met their 5 in the middle and killed them, 3 of our team went to do some flag carrying while me an our healer went and camped their entrance. We proceeded to spend the entire game their without dying and non-stop killing their while team with just 2 of us. wtf?

Also why is there shit like capture the flag anyway?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well it's fun premade vs premade :)

premade vs premade most anything is fun tho :)

CTF, or for that matter, any type of number restricted "battleground", is imo a FPS thing that has nothing to do in fantasy MMO's.

Basically todays MMO's are turning into fucking third person quake or UT...

Afran

Part of the furniture
Well that's true ^ doesn't bother me though, fun is fun and while daoc style pvp would be better I've lost all hope of having that again :)

and yup miri on shivermere atleast

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Shivermere PVP Defiant Guilds

Any playing on Defiant on Shivermere PVP Server? Trying to find a decent guld that actuallys does PvP and Raids.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Playing on Sagespire defiant. Have my own guild, we soon geared up from t2 now and need a couple of more members and we will start doing t1 raids!

Guilds name is Ancient Reign! For those here who would like to join, they you are welcome to do so!

Afran

Part of the furniture
Think Sagespire just got merged with Shivermere in WFs :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, but that is not the only new server I've seen in the WF :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh I know, got to max lvl fairly quick on it :p the single most reason I quit was no dedicated open world pvp zones, just fucking pve zones with zergs of twats doing rifts in which is zzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom